The Grand Tour

• Thread starter Thread starter LiE
  • Start date Start date
And posting every week how fantastically hilarious and brilliant is ok then?:rolleyes:

Yes, because it's positive. Then people join in the discussion and it's all good.

Then some bell comes along that keeps moaning how rubbish it is, eventhough they can just not watch it and generally being negative. Why would anyone think that's a good thing?

Yes, because it's positive. Then people join in the discussion and it's all good.

Then some bell comes along that keeps moaning how rubbish it is, eventhough they can just not watch it and generally being negative. Why would anyone think that's a good thing?

Since it's a discussion forum both points of view are theoretically equally valid. Not sure why people think anything to do with TG/GT should be exempt from criticism.

Threads about movies aren't exempt from it, threads about cars aren't exempt from it, threads about tech purchases aren't exempt from it, so why should GT be?

Since it's a discussion forum both points of view are theoretically equally valid. Not sure why people think anything to do with TG/GT should be exempt from criticism.

Threads about movies aren't exempt from it, threads about cars aren't exempt from it, threads about tech purchases aren't exempt from it, so why should GT be?

Absolutely spot on.

I want to be positive about TGT but I'm not going to praise it just because it's Clarkson,Hammond & May any more than I'm going to criticize TG because it isn't those three, I've flicked back through the last TG and on balance I think it's actually the better motoring show, which I didn't expect after the last series and thought TGT would blow it away, thus far it's miss more than hit for me.

TG shouldn't be better by rights (especially given TGT's massive budget and lack of BBC shackles) but to me it actually is,that's my perception.

How dare I have an opinion!

Last edited:
Well I disagree Scania, sure there have been low points for TGT but I feel TG has had more of them, plus casting the likes of Chris Harris and Rory Reid and then marginalising them on BBC3 was always going to fail imho.

I'd still rather watch both over the standard dross we get on TV nowadays though. And that's the overarching point for me.

I think there is having an opinion and then there is telling us every single week how you had to switch it off in disgust part way through :p

[TW]Fox;30348352 said:
I think there is having an opinion and then there is telling us every single week how you had to switch it off in disgust part way through :p

In the interest of conformity with the skewed idea of debate that seems to be this forum, I'll make a point of praising its brilliance next week then shall I?

As soon as it shows the Amazon logo I turn it off just as it goes to the first frame - that's how great I am at turning things off.
On this weeks episode I'm going to turn it off while it's still on the Amazon logo - that'll show you how much I dislike it.

I've not watched this before now. I'm currently watching the Christmas episode. It was standard enough until its just got back to the studio and some totally stupid ice cream conversation. That was awkward viewing. I've decided to skip all the studio stuff.

It's barely raises a smile.

Ford GT segment was great though. Shame they cant do stuff like that and ignore the childish crap.

Last edited:
I turned it off as soon as the train at the start came on as I am offended by trains.

I then turned it back on and I was offended by the gay ice cream joke because it was aimed at Finland but I took it the wrong way and thought it was and at gay people so I turn it off again.

I then turned it on again because I didn't have anything to moan about in the grand tour thread so I watched the part with the American even though I hate American and they only put him in to make jokes the Americans will fall nd funny. He was so annoying I turned it off again.

I then found there were no good games in the steam Christmas sale so I turned it back on again and the bit with James driving the gt40 and p3 was good but he didn't talk about the technical improvements that they made to the car at all and the old tip gear I used to watch was better with tiff in the 1850's. They would have said they put a splitter on it to make it more stable and stuff like that. Because they didn't include this I turned it off again.

Then I realised the only reason I bought amazon prime was to watch the grand tour on my new TV in 4k so I turned it back on again............

:o

On another note. So far the rate of no for the episodes have been 12,12,12,pg,15,15 I think and people are saying it is getting more childish. Surely Childs would mean it went 15,15,12,12,12,pg right.

Also focus rs> moostang v8 ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom