The Grand Tour

• Thread starter Thread starter LiE
  • Start date Start date
What utter brilliance, I'm astounded by the heights this series is reaching!

Just destroys the competition be it from the previous TG or the recreated last series.....

Alternatively I could give my actual opinion but,hey, I'd hate to go against the general consensus, that just wouldn't be a discussion now would it?

That would depend on whether you actually told us your opinion or just went on about how you turned it off. Presumably though as you have become adept at switching it off you've not seen the latest episode.

I quite enjoyed the latest episode (haven't seen part two yet) for the scenery alone. Namibia is on my bucket list. I'm quite able to put aside inconsistencies such as no gps or water but plenty of fuel, and the old gags of 'we'll just leave you here then' and just enjoy it for the entertainment.

I enjoyed episode 6 quite a lot. Episode 7 (part 1 of the special) was ok. Not much seemed to happen and it didn't make me laugh as much as some of the other episodes, but it looks like part 2 is where all the stuff actually happens.

To be honest, I think it is every bit as good the old Top Gear was. It isn't like every episode of Top Gear Clarkson, May and Hammond made was amazing anyway. There were a fair few not so good ones of those.

I am not quite sure I understand the furore over the Hammond ice cream thing anyway. It was a joke, and Clarkson and May both called him out on it right there and then,basically telling him he was an idiot for thinking it/saying it. It isn't like they all joked along saying "lol good one Hammond, ice cream is gay yeh".

They all say stupid things that they know are stupid.

Last edited:
I am not quite sure I understand the furore over the Hammond ice cream thing anyway. It was a joke, and Clarkson and May both called him out on it right there and then,basically telling him he was an idiot for thinking it/saying it. It isn't like they all joked along saying "lol good one Hammond, ice cream is gay yeh".

They all say stupid things that they know are stupid.

Surely the producers of the show watch it before it goes online? I wasn't totally offended by it, it was just completely pointless, not amusing, not remotely intelligent and actually cringey to watch.

I now think they are happy to launch any controversial rubbish just to get ratings. No such thing as bad publicity eh.

This show is very average. Sure its got a huge budget and some nice camera work, but the content from what I've watched is actually very "meh".

it was just completely pointless, not amusing, not remotely intelligent and actually cringey to watch.

Most of it is like this :p. That is why I love it. It is just three silly old men dicking about it and playing up to it as well.

I wouldn't take anything any one of them says seriously at all. You have to think of them as comedians rather than factual TV hosts. Comedians can get away with saying almost anything, yet as soon as any of the Top Gear boys say something a bit un-PC everyone jumps down their necks.

Last edited:
Most of it is like this :p. That is why I love it. It is just three silly old men dicking about it and playing up to it as well.

I wouldn't take anything any one of them says seriously at all. You have to think of them as comedians rather than factual TV hosts. Comedians can get away with saying almost anything, yet as soon as any of the Top Gear boys say something a bit un-PC everyone jumps down their necks.

The thing with comedians is they have good timing and a quick wit. The way Hammond delivered that whole conversation was just crap. I was just left bemused by it.

I used to think they were funny dicking about but the more scripted it's become the less naturally amusing it is. It's made Hammond even harder to tolerate than ever for me.

The thing with comedians is they have good timing and a quick wit. The way Hammond delivered that whole conversation was just crap. I was just left bemused by it.

I used to think they were funny dicking about but the more scripted it's become the less naturally amusing it is. It's made Hammond even harder to tolerate than ever for me.

To be fair, Hammond is my least favourite. I would be quite happy if it was just Clarkson and May.

[TW]Fox;30356655 said:
Last night I turned the TV off so many times it ended up back on.

Are people only allowed to give positive views on this show or can people watch it then give a negative opinion afterwards?

I sometimes watch things and hope they might improve. So I stick with them. Christ I didn't even walk out of the cinema when I took my nephew to see Jack and Jill with Adam Sandler .

Are people only allowed to give positive views on this show or can people watch it then give a negative opinion afterwards?

I sometimes watch things and hope they might improve. So I stick with them. Christ I didn't even walk out of the cinema when I took my nephew to see Jack and Jill with Adam Sandler .

In fairness it is thoroughly tedious seeing the same 'was crap turned it off again' comment and nothing more over and over again. No one has issue with negative opinions, just the same pointless comment being repeated ad nauseum.

Are people only allowed to give positive views on this show or can people watch it then give a negative opinion afterwards? .

There is plenty to be critical about, just not sure how telling us multiple times how it gets switched off really conveys much meaningful opinion :p

[TW]Fox;30356042 said:
That would depend on whether you actually told us your opinion or just went on about how you turned it off. Presumably though as you have become adept at switching it off you've not seen the latest episode.

But I was telling you my opinion in my previous posts but because I consistently didn't like it you threw your rattle out of the cot didn't you? :p

Back
Top Bottom