• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX Titan X owners thread.

Soldato
i'm going to re-flash the mobo Bios, because when i moved the card to the lower slot it crashed and i lost everything, but i redid it without the latest bios.
so i'll do that first..

so what do i do with Gigabyte GURU 2 that came with the card.................. because that's another full on OC software, because i cant have that as well surely...........that has more settings than MSI AB

if all of this that you say fails the card is going back for a full refund.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm not happy with the card anyway, i hate the noise, it's way too loud !!!! but i cant solve the noise issue until i know the fan is working..because i dont want to pull the card apart if i'm thinking of sending it back..do i

finally, i feel very guilty and stupid for buying the card without seeing the 390X first.

You shouldn't be attempting to sell outside the Members Market then you wouldn't have to edit your post when picked up on it.

Surveyor

Last edited:
Associate
Is the X on your name to indicate how many personalities you have? :D Its sometimes hard to follow you from one post to another.

If your not happy send it back, better then selling a potentially faulty card to someone anyway. I would really recommend though removing all the overclocking software from your PC and going from there. If its working from that point choose one (I like afterburner) and go from there, if not then your going to get a more definitive answer.

Soldato
Send it back to the retailer. I DSR'd mine to save any hassle, as I knew the problems I was getting would mostly likely not be 'replicable' their end. I've been down that road before and it's not worth the bother.

Join me in the sensible club :D I'm back on my 780Tis and they are flying through every game I own now with zero issues. A lovely pairing with the Rog Swift.

Why would you flog your TX privately and make a substantial loss??? Baffling behaviour.

Last edited:
Soldato
OK i'll have a good look at the rig later, get rid of it all and use the Gigabyte software that came with the card

but i still want to see the 390X, because that still interests me enormously.

Last edited:
Soldato
Haven't DSR rules changed now so that the retailer can keep up to 20% as a restocking fee (or something). I think it depends on the retailer and the condition the item is returned in as to how much they can keep/charge.

I wasn't aware of that, will look into that should I have the need in future cheers.
I got the full amount back, no hassles at all (wasn't ocuk by the way). As said all I lost was postage so not bad to get to try out a TX. I'll probably try again in a month when the bloody Witcher 3 doesn't work properly with SLI!

Associate
Dying Light - Max settings/4k

This one actually uploaded in 4k :)

I had a look again at this game and i am getting mostly 60fps with a few hitches in the mid to late 50's no where near 40fps with g-sync off and using in game v-sync for the test. The game is patched up and maxed out completely at 4k with sli OC. I have not increased the draw distance via config just using the in game max as it stands with the latest version. Not sure why you are getting low fps?:confused:

Associate
I had ordered a Swift with my Titan but as it was part of the same order they were both delayed... damn you EVGA for hording all the titans!

Anyway OCUK have been nice enough to post out my Swift now as I thought it would be a great chance to really see how much of a difference there will be going from a 780 to a Titan at 1440p, will either make me happier with the TX when it arrives or give me massive buyer’s remorse!

Caporegime
I had a look again at this game and i am getting mostly 60fps with a few hitches in the mid to late 50's no where near 40fps with g-sync off and using in game v-sync for the test. The game is patched up and maxed out completely at 4k with sli OC. I have not increased the draw distance via config just using the in game max as it stands with the latest version. Not sure why you are getting low fps?:confused:

Thanks for testing. Something isn't quite right.

I think whatever my top card is (I've swapped them around) gets too hot with the standard clocks/fan profile and throttles at 83°C, which in SLI throttles both the cards to the lowest speed.

I've got good airflow in the case though, so I think it might be because I have 3 outputs from one card.

Top card (with displays attached) idles at 60°C which is quite hot and the temps seem to ramp up really quickly when you start playing a game.

I know it's not a bad card as the card on the bottom idles at 28°C - 30°C regardless of which way around they are.

I know the airflow is good as I have 2x 140mm front fans and 1x 140mm rear exhaust fan, + 280mm rad on the top with 2x 140mm fans that also exhaust heat.

That's why I think it's a quirk of running '3' displays.

It's not surround gaming, as I only do my gaming on one of the displays (the 4k TV).

Whilst gaming, The 1440p desktop display (Desktop 1) just shows the Windows desktop (and sometimes Afterburner) and the AV receiver 'display' is just used so I can get audio out of my A/V Receiver, but unfortunately it passes through another video output to the TV (so I get 'Desktop 2' in 4k/60hz on HDMI 4 and 'Desktop 3' @ 1080p/60hz on HDMI 2)

I can mess around with it this weekend by taking that output off, and using headphones or something to see if that cures it.

If not, then I really don't know...

Last edited:
Associate
OK i'll have a good look at the rig later, get rid of it all and use the Gigabyte software that came with the card

but i still want to see the 390X, because that still interests me enormously.

ARRRRGGHHH , you're a tech support nightmare :D.

STOP screwing around with software its not helping anything. UNINSTALL EVERYTHING Precision x, afterburner and all the profiles, uninstall the drivers and reinstall them.

Pick ONE oc utility, yes mal just ONE and set up a custom fan profile if you wish , dont mess about with anything else.

And stop worrying about the 390x, at the moment its all but a myth.

Back
Top Bottom