• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX Titan X owners thread.

Associate
im still waiting on my card coming its been 2 weeks now :( i have finally lost my patience if its not here by the end of today i will have to open a case to get my money back on flee bay.

wouldnt of been so bad if i didnt sell my 980 now that im stuck with nothing and cant play anything :(

Caporegime
The same can be said for many hobbies and interests.

If I buy a jet ski I can jet ski....if I don't buy a jet ski then I can't go and jet ski !

If I buy a 290 for 150 quid in mm I can game just like I can game if I spend 900 quid on a Titan x

Both at max settings at 1080p....

I guess it's what floats ya boat :D

Caporegime
The same can be said for many hobbies and interests.

I know, I was saying that as someone who has bought this card.

Although as easyrider has said above, in this hobby there are alternatives that offer you pretty much the same experience albeit with slightly less fps that you don't really notice unless you use an fps counter.

Soldato
Haven't DSR rules changed now so that the retailer can keep up to 20% as a restocking fee (or something). I think it depends on the retailer and the condition the item is returned in as to how much they can keep/charge.

It has indeed - Gibbo posted a while ago that it had :(

Too many people using and abusing so the rest of us pay the price

Soldato
It has indeed - Gibbo posted a while ago that it had :(

Too many people using and abusing so the rest of us pay the price

The laws have changed with DSR, now called Consumer Contracts Regulations. I'll have to read up on it. It would not surprise me if most retail outlets, including ocuk aren't fully up to speed with it all.

The place I got my TX from still has DSR terminology on its customer service section, and as said I returned the card and got a full refund, under "DSR" or item no longer wanted was how they termed it.

I wasn't abusing the principle by the way. My TX was faulty in my system (causing hard lock ups on loading games and some benches) but from bitter past experience, I've learnt that returning faulty pc components "as faulty", that cannot be proven or replicated in another test system which often happens - is one massive ballache, and I knew DSR was the way to go in this case.

Soldato
deleted everything, it's still not working........... i only have MSI AB, the fan is not running properly, it's staying at a fixed speed

the custom fan profile is not making any difference, i wonder if the card is not supposed to be in the next slot down

it's going straight up to 85 degrees without the fan increasing speed, it was working yesterday

Last edited:
Caporegime
Show us a screenshot of your Afterburner.

ooh-matron-with-text_zps42b5b997.gif

Caporegime
I had a look again at this game and i am getting mostly 60fps with a few hitches in the mid to late 50's no where near 40fps with g-sync off and using in game v-sync for the test. The game is patched up and maxed out completely at 4k with sli OC. I have not increased the draw distance via config just using the in game max as it stands with the latest version. Not sure why you are getting low fps?:confused:

Maybe it was Shadow play? Just tried with shadow play off and was getting min 60fps and up to 100fps and 93%+ GPU usage.

Still throttled though.

Soldato
got rid of MSI AB, redownloaded Precision X and the fan is still not speeding up

regardless of the profile, it only speeds up in the software if you select Auto........ but it still remembers my OC settings from yesterday !!!

Soldato
I don't have Titan X Mal, but you could try and uninstall AB and any other OC utilities you have installed with Revo uninstaller, that will sweep for left over files and delete it, a more through uninstall if you will. Might help?

Back
Top Bottom