• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX Titan X owners thread.

Ill be getting the EVGA Backplate tomorrow mate they don't really knock of great deals of temp maybe 1/2c they are more for looks tbh,i always have to have a backplate on :D

My EK knocked off 2C but that is a solid plate and thicker than EVGA's, not sure the difference with EVGA's other than to aesthetics and protect/strengthen the PCB.

Does get slightly warm under heavy load on the hotter Kepler, previous stock backplates were a a lot hotter on another card I owned before I shifted it.

Because of the heat I wasn't sure whether it would be worth keeping the backplate once the 980 TI Classified arrives. May forgo the looks for usefulness and buy EK backplate to help cooling if it's too hot after checking MSI Afterburner (it's accurate right?), thinking of bench use here and extended playtime in SLI.

We need to hold our heads in shame :(:(:( The Fury X beats us in Thief (albeit with Mantle) :( :( :(

A sad day :p

Thief is a terrible benchmark to test graphics cards as the fastest CPU wins and the GPUs don't really matter because of the bottleneck.

Check out my 2160p single card TX score compared to the red cards to put things in prospective. My TX is more than 50% faster than a 290X despite the fact the Hawaii card is using Mantle lol.

If you really want to do well on the bench grab an old 2600k and overclock it to the limit.:D Haswell-E have got no chance.

Surprised at that Kaap tbh, don't own thief myself. But an older 4770k at 4.5ghz pretty much equalled a sb 2700k at 5ghz. Thought haswell E would be similar?

You have got to hit the CPU bottleneck first

For 4.5ghz it is around 125 - 130fps

For 5.2ghz (like a very good 2600k) it is about 145fps

If you run settings that avoid these fps like a single TX @2160p you can thrash any FX or 290X, if you use multi GPUs you will hit the CPU bottleneck.

Having said that Mantle does give about 7fps extra before you hit the bottleneck.

really easy to fit. takes about 30 minutes.

Thinking of getting one of these as well, though at the moment I'm power limited (110%) and can't maintain a stable 1400 mhz without it moving 20/40 mhz (volts are fine and so are the temps), will this cooler help my problem and perhaps let me run to 1450 mhz? Or do I need to change my bios which I'm not very happy doing tbh.

Thinking of getting one of these as well, though at the moment I'm power limited (110%) and can't maintain a stable 1400 mhz without it moving 20/40 mhz (volts are fine and so are the temps), will this cooler help my problem and perhaps let me run to 1450 mhz? Or do I need to change my bios which I'm not very happy doing tbh.

My card doesn't overclock worth a damn on the GPU. The best I can get on the EVGA SC bios is about 1300. I keep saying I'll flash in a new bios but then I come to my senses and realise I can play every game I want at ultra on the stock clocks.
I'll probably look back into it at the end of the year. Flashing them really is easy though.

I'm sure it will still run on the card ok,if not just connect the fan to the power supply as it run quiet anyway.

This +1

When I had a 295X2 I replaced the stock fan with an SP fan, Connected via the supplied cable on the card and it ran fine although slower than it should have so I ended up plugging it into the mobo, Not sure if the situation is the same with the EVGA AIO fan power though.

Just got me somit delivered.

TITANXBOX_zpszni4dq3o.jpg

TITANXBACKPLATE_zpswgfvrne9.jpg

Back
Top Bottom