The hangout thread (organising social gaming etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
OP
Just did a solo of rec royale, 2 games in fact. It's quite fun, could imagine it being really good with a squad, how many players are in the teams version? I know it's 3 players a team, just wondering how many players in total.

Soldato
i dont think im going to buy Lone Echo 2

havent played Lone Echo since i stopped playing when i bought it that day
ill try LE 1 ago again

im thinking other suns

From Other Suns is worth it at 30% off. Makes it £20.
Also Population One if you fancy another MP game that's well supported. You get the Rift version with that too, though the Quest 2 version is awesome.

Soldato
OP
Just played another game of rec royale, definitely interested in playing more, with a potential to investing in pop:one.

Do we want to try and organise some rec royale squad games on a separate evening? So as to not interfere with our larger regular group? Sunday evenings are probably best for me in general, though currently Tuesdays and Thursdays are OK (will hopefully eventually become rugby training nights again).

Quite flexible though, so even daytime etc could be OK for shorter sessions, since I work from home on my own schedule.

EDIT - Even starting to get multiple kills in a game now. Have to wonder though, tried one quick Squads game, and it was pretty quiet, not filling as quickly as the singles do. There again, it's 11am on a Thursday, so not perhaps the busiest of times.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I'm not going to be able to make tonight, completely forgot we were having a big family bbq.

Would definitely suggest checking out rec royale squads if there's three of you. Though it sometimes struggles to put you on the right team. Tips would include making sure you land near each other. Don't worry if you pick something up when reviving a team mate, the revive still activates through that.

Soldato
Dont they only last like 14 days? I'm sure my last code was super short dated. I was gonna do the same having completed lone echo 1, i was quite eager to get into 2 but the code ran out lol.

Well Lone Echo 2 was at the time going to release imminently, so a voucher would have possibly been in date at that time. Now of course it's been delayed.

Soldato
Well Lone Echo 2 was at the time going to release imminently, so a voucher would have possibly been in date at that time. Now of course it's been delayed.
Don't particularly mind a delay, better for them to fix and polish it instead of releasing a half arsed game. Just hope my next code is in line with the release lol. I purposely don't touch the oculus for around 3 weeks and that's when i get my code.

Underboss
I'm not going to be able to make tonight, completely forgot we were having a big family bbq.

Would definitely suggest checking out rec royale squads if there's three of you. Though it sometimes struggles to put you on the right team. Tips would include making sure you land near each other. Don't worry if you pick something up when reviving a team mate, the revive still activates through that.

no probs, have fun

Soldato
I missed last night, was away for the weekend and didn't get back until late yesterday. Forgot to let you guys know.

Should be around next Monday as usual.

Soldato
I missed last night, was away for the weekend and didn't get back until late yesterday. Forgot to let you guys know.

Should be around next Monday as usual.

np. I did pop online to check if anyone was there, but when no-one turned up I moved on. I was testing out the deca-move so was preoccupied with trying that.

Soldato
np. I did pop online to check if anyone was there, but when no-one turned up I moved on. I was testing out the deca-move so was preoccupied with trying that.

How is that going for you? It's a shame that it can't be made work with games on the Quest 2 natively.

Soldato
How is that going for you? It's a shame that it can't be made work with games on the Quest 2 natively.

Works amazingly well with Skyrim, HL Alyx and No Mans Sky. Doesn't seem to work properly with Rec Room or Cosmodread -head movement still influences direction. Still, Skyrim was the main game I wanted it for, as in that game if you use hand-relative orientation you can find your direction changing during combat as you raise shields, swing weapons or aim spells. It's also great to be able to leave my hands at my sides when moving around the game world rather than having to hold my hand in front of me to ensure I'm moving in the right direction.

One annoying thing is the re-calibration which happens whenever you hold your hands together. I find I keep triggering that accidentally. I wish there was a way to do it via a voice command or a button press instead.

Soldato
OP
I'm not sure. It's one of the most popular VR shooters, so I doubt it.

It's worth the money though.

Right, well I say we try and get some rec royale games going, and see if others are interested. If we can get a regular 3 for pop one, I may be tempted to go fo rit. I was quite surprised with how much I enjoyed it, compared to how little I typically enjoy basic FPS games (especially competitive ones).

Rec royale could work OK with 4-6 as well though, as we can pair up, and then simply have a random on the team. It's not perfect of course, but some randoms are fine. Met a few decent folk.

Soldato
I would be willing to give Rec Royale a go sometime.

Also, I made a server in A Township tale. Friends only. It's called Mel's Town. Let me know if any of you buy the game and I will add you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom