The hangout thread (organising social gaming etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
OP
It does surprise me how much I enjoy after the fall, these really aren't the sort of games I play on PC. VR however is a lot more satisfying. I was a fairly handy pistol shot many years ago, so it's satisfying to see that I'm not too bad at it still, even in VR.

Soldato
OP
Maybe Quest and Oculus PC are treated as the same platform, but I don't think there's cross saves between Oculus, Steam and PSVR.

It's weird, just went through a PCVR run, and realised afterwards that whilst I had the correct weapon loadout, my weapons didn't have my mods. My kills etc are all saved, my total harvest too. Looks like some things cross over and others don't.

I don't know how much top quality mods are, but so far, it looks "fairly" cheap to customise, which I think is smart.

Soldato
OP
Beginning to think my issues are to do with the modem I've got. Get to play a bit, then it glitches out and it's like the link isn't there any more. Airlink looked better than Virtual desktop, but had the same issue in the end. Missed out on 2 Master level runs and the purple floppy from our hangout, getting frustrated now.

Will try link with cable next I think, and see if that works.

Soldato
OP
Hmm so if i got it in Steam for pcvr then i can't play with oculus players then? Always confuses this cross buy stuff.

You can play with anyone (Steam, Oculus standalone, Oculus PCVR, PSVR). But if you get on Oculus, you can play PCVR or standalone with a Quest 2, without having to buy it again.

Failed a Master difficulty run on the final boss, our sole survivor didn't have any juice left, so managed to almost kill a ton of zombies and a massive boss by himself, almost...

Got a holo sight for my falcon now, so I guess in the rare occasions I need to snipe, I can now do so :). Still mostly shoot from the hip.

EDIT - Problem with the massive magazine on the SMG is I now run out of bullets really quickly.

Soldato
OP
I certainly wouldn't consider standalone to be essential, as it's basically a multiplayer game that you're probably not going to be playing much on the move, which is where standalone is really important to have as an option.

Soldato
OP
i dont know if you heard me over comms, when i said about my controls are weird

i push the stick to move forwards, but I go left not straight, i have to hold it slightly to the right to walk straight

a bit annoying

It's like walkabout golf. You go where your controller is pointing, not where you are looking. Might be your not pointing dead ahead.

Soldato
OP
oh ok

erm, so if for example i turn my controller 180, and push stick up still (so its pointing down now, ill move backwards ?

Yes. You move where the left stick is pointing.

And I owe you an apology, you can bring 4 guns into a run, I'd never done it before (just hadn't happened for me).

Just played the easiest Mastery level run I've had, the guys had red quality attachments. But right at the end they did something that makes so much sense. They swapped guns. They upgrade each others guns with the mods they have, so they get more attachments in place.

So, Rav, what unlocks have you managed to get? And what guns do you guys want to use? I'm happy to bring 2 "spare" guns in to give to someone. I'm happy to spend some harvest on getting you guys some more rapid fire, slightly better damage, large extended magazine SMGs. In addition, I've got some shotgun, assault rifle and MT47 mods, but I've not found an mt47, so I'm not bringing one. Got some spare assault rifles though.

I've got a fair few service pistol attachments too, but I don't see the point of it in place of the SMG to be honest. I can only bring in 2 guns, so first orders get their guns :D. Then if anyone else has got some decent attachment options for a SMG or Falcon, please let me know, and we can swap after our first run, and give them back before we start the 2nd.

Soldato
OP
i just tried After the fall with 3 other AIs
its bloody hard on your own, yes i mean it felt like just me !

Yeah, 3 bots in Survivor is OK. 1 bot in Veteran is OK. Master though requires 4 decent players (you can sort of carry 1 if the rest are good), need decent equipment too.

Until I'm comfortable in Master, and with a group I trust, I'm not trying Nightmare.

I did spend 25k harvest on a skin though :D Silly but fun.

Soldato
OP
I'm really enjoying this, anyone going to be about much tomorrow during the day? I'd love to do some more runs together, as I offered above, happy to mod up a gun for you to have too. Can't do the evening tomorrow. Not sure about Friday night either, but again during the day?

Soldato
OP
So, we've got about 1700 gold to buy stuff. Think we've got a couple of regroups too, and a few friends to bring with us I guess. I'm thinking we'll be in good shape going into the final boss!

Strength potions, swiftness potions, ballistas, firebomb launcher things, what else are we looking for?

Got to say, I'm up for trying to finish it off before next Monday if we can all be free?

Soldato
OP
sorry for everything last night, being late, in a hurry and then dying soon as i joined ? what happened there ! :(

im happy to wait till Monday, but wont be on sat night though, or Sunday

You didn't die, you tanked. Like you're supposed to :D.

I don't mind waiting till Monday, just had a lot of fun and wondered if there was a chance to go earlier.

EDIT - I hope there's a way to make longer campaigns. Where you actually keep the strength and swiftness buffs across 20+ levels, big development etc. Though it would be tough to scale well.

Soldato
OP
That was an amazing game the other night. Two hours just flew by. I am around most evenings. I'm up for playing other games that require fewer players if only one or two can play.

I'm definitely up for After the Fall :D. Happy to help with veteran runs, or even give master a go, and share a gun or two with you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom