The High-Res Screenshot Thread!

Yeah thats better, that's what BF2 actually looks like.

If they tripled the draw distance on BF2 it would be perfect. The draw distance is the main thing that makes it feel old to me.

O FOR GOODNESS SAKE, ENOUGH WITH THE PLANES!!!- Just set up your own thread for it.. I really cant stand 20 different angles of planes on different tarmacked surfaces.

Yeah thats better, that's what BF2 actually looks like.

If they tripled the draw distance on BF2 it would be perfect. The draw distance is the main thing that makes it feel old to me.

Draw distance can be altered. They capped it because it was 4 years ago but right now is a mod that allows triple and more but not in the standard game

The bf2 mod I play would give draw distance or mist level about the length of karkland map I think. They give every player in the game the same scope as a sniper (as binos) to look over that distance.

Having a massive computer screen helps as obviously characters are ant like when viewed a mile away which also means a 8800gtx is useful hence why they were correct to cap the view distance in bf2 orginally

Theres another bf2 mod just for snipers and there is no mist at all in the game

Impressive Soya. Very impressive pictures!
Can I ask, the secondary display, those are flightplans? Radar? What is it exactly?

I use WideFS (FSX network module) to run FSX data across my 2nd PC and I use that data to run Flight Sim Commander 8, a program to show flight planner, navigator, and scenery viewer, plus it can keep track of weather and AI traffic. very handy when you are flying IFR.

Can the graphical scaling in BF2 be modified as well?

What I'm talking about is the way the game engine progressively reduces the geometry and texture complexity of distant objects to preserve performance.

Draw distance can be altered. They capped it because it was 4 years ago but right now is a mod that allows triple and more but not in the standard game

The bf2 mod I play would give draw distance or mist level about the length of karkland map I think. They give every player in the game the same scope as a sniper (as binos) to look over that distance.

Having a massive computer screen helps as obviously characters are ant like when viewed a mile away which also means a 8800gtx is useful hence why they were correct to cap the view distance in bf2 orginally

Theres another bf2 mod just for snipers and there is no mist at all in the game

I'm going to download reality mod now

O FOR GOODNESS SAKE, ENOUGH WITH THE PLANES!!!- Just set up your own thread for it.. I really cant stand 20 different angles of planes on different tarmacked surfaces.

I don't think he needs to make a separate thread for the plane shots. I for one think they're beautiful. It is what has kept me coming back into this thread over the past few days. Chill out a little.

Ignore him Soya, and post up some more shots when you have the time :) It is seriously tempting me to buy myself a copy of FS X. I really want to experience the things you've been seeing.

I don't think he needs to make a separate thread for the plane shots. I for one think they're beautiful. It is what has kept me coming back into this thread over the past few days. Chill out a little.

Ignore him Soya, and post up some more shots when you have the time :) It is seriously tempting me to buy myself a copy of FS X. I really want to experience the things you've been seeing.

Hear hear.

I have FSX but never sat down and played it properly. I want to go through all the lessons and tutorials one by one and read all the material. It makes for a throughly enjoyable sim experience!

Yeah ive been putting off trying it, seems complicated.

Downloading 8.5 atm, need to dl the levels too? Easy to install? Will it bork my vanilla? :p

You don't have to dl the levels, but if you want to actually play then i advise you do. Pretty siumple to install, just a case of double clicking the .exe file. It shouldn't screw up vanilla, but it is bf2, so all sorts of things are liable to happen anyway lol.

Team Fortress 2

tf2_13-1.jpg

First off all, I would like to thank those who enjoy & appreciate both my screenshots of FSX & relevant information I pass on concerning FSX. I also thank those who made positive comments and/or praise of my screenshots (I put a lot of time and effort in making those for the benefit of others), really glad you enjoyed the shots.

For those wanting to try FSX for the first time/get back to it or just improve the gfx or performance, I really hope that all the info I have given, both from within this thread and this one:http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17996938, has or will be of use to you. Remember, it does take some effort and time, and probably some money for addons, to get FSX running as good as you can for your hardware, but I can guarantee you many, many hours of fun, learning, visit places you have(never) been or just enjoy seeing the view from a plane.

Cheers

Thank you and don't worry, I shall continue to post if my posts/screenshots are enjoyed & help others. More shots to follow soon ;)
btw I would personally recommend you get FSX, but I also urge you spend some time first reading many of the things I have written in recent posts and check out some of the links I have posted. FSX is a beast, it takes time and patience to tame, you need a reasonable PC to run it, you will need certain addons to spice it up. Once you take that all in, and are willing to jump some of those hurdles, then by all means, join and enjoy the world of flight simming. Otherwise, FSX may not give you the results you were looking for and you will end up frustrated plus possible wasted a lot of money.

Can you fly a Concorde in FSX? .... that would be awesome.

Yes you can (afaik you can fly nearly all planes in avionic history, even prototypes and futuristic/fantasy craft, like vipers, X-wing etc), I think I have a freeware version of the concorde somewhere on my spare HD. Will load it up into FSX when I have some time, make some screenshots and post them.

Hear hear.

I have FSX but never sat down and played it properly. I want to go through all the lessons and tutorials one by one and read all the material. It makes for a throughly enjoyable sim experience!

I would say, go for it, but do read what I said above, do not get your expectations up too high if you are not willing to learn/read and spend time to make FSX work best for you. Good luck and enjoy fsx :)

Last edited:
Cinematic mod v10:

hl2%202009-06-01%2002-36-49-84.jpg

For 16GB it's not making me to "wow" .... also they appear to have rendered a proper vag onto Alyx as it often peeps through when she bends around when you're following her - quite :| !

Last edited:
ok maybe i sounded a bit harsh, but we did have a good 2 or 3 pages of planes, many of which were different angles of the same plane in the same position... i wasnt insulting the pictures,nor the game, but there was just getting a helluva lot of them

Back
Top Bottom