• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Intel Arc owners thread

New drivers up with support for Wukong.

Here are my results at 1080p with medium settings, XeSS enabled, and 75% supersampling:

KzQb0fo.jpg

i wonder if intel will release more competitive higher end cards or if they will forever be in the mid tier kind of area
its interesting
id quite like an all intel system and an all amd one you know !

now we just need nvidia to make a good desktop cpu ha ha

It's built on the notoriously demanding Unreal Engine 5. But even at medium settings and some upscaling it looks very good.
Part of what Intel have revealed about Battlemage so far is that it features native Execute Indirect support, which is something heavily utilised by UE5. AMD and Nvidia GPUs have had that for a long time, but Alchemist emulates it in software(!), and as such the implementation is very slow. Intel's own numbers say Battlemage sees a 12.5x speedup compared to Alchemist in that aspect of rendering due to its hardware-level support. "Having support for this in hardware is a need for next generation games" according to Intel, so I do wonder where that leaves first-gen Arc in the long run.

The laptop parts apparently have +50% performance. Where would that put a putative B770?
Around RX 6800 non-XT performance. There was also a leak for the desktop cards a couple of weeks ago that suggested a +50% performance bump over the previous generation. He does say that's a baseline though, so there will likely be situations where it's more than that. Intel's ray tracing performance should be much stronger as well of course, since it already was and they're improving it further for Battlemage.

Going from top of the bottom tier to the bottom of the top tier is going to be a tall order.

Yeah. Probably. But we can hope :D

Truth is it is the next gen intel card in 2 years or so that I will take seriously. By then drivers should be good enough is my hope.

Back
Top Bottom