• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Intel Arc owners thread

I'm definitely happy with the XTX performance overall now they seem to have gotten a good handle on the drivers, very tweakable too for more oomph :)

Its had seen some solid performance improvements and after 4 months of running this card now i can still say its never put a foot wrong, its still install and forget.
I'v been working a lot of Unreal Engine since i got it and because i spend many hours in there at a time i have set up an in driver downclock / undervolt profile, every time i launch the engine there is a slight screen flicker as it enables the profile and another slight flicker as it switches back to the global profile when i exit, day in day out, love it.

And the performance of the thing for way under £500 now is stonking.

Last edited:
Rumor is that Intel have gone with 4nm "coupled with increased IPC, clock speeds, and other features". I'm thinking these might be a decent upgrade from the A770, and hopefully well priced.

New driver up. Reportedly addresses idle power issues.

Also, new Vulcan layer:

I didn't notice any difference in my idle power, but I'm not sure if higher refresh rates just undo that small fix Intel made for most cards a while back.
I've definitely seen the firmware update message on my BiFrost card more than once before, but I had read that Acer were lazy and hadn't done any work for this, and their own driver didn't include anything.

Good video and its impressive how far Intel have come with it, even if there is still more work that need's to be done.

Intel's problem is still this.

Its equivalent to an RX 6650 XT, that card is $220, the A770 is $270, you could argue because the A770 has 16GB its worth more, i don't disagree with that tho i do think 12GB should be the minimum for lower mid level cards these days and the 6650 XT's price is more in line with upper low end and the RX 6700 XT, which is also a faster GPU is $250, still cheaper than the A770.

Even if you completely ignore the work it still needs its over priced.

Last edited:
New drivers, 32.0.101.5768, available.

Game performance improvements on Intel® Arc™ A-Series Graphics Products versus Intel® 31.0.101.5762 software driver for:

Yakuza: Like a Dragon* (DX11)
Up to 91% average FPS uplift at 1080p with Ultra settings
Up to 35% average FPS uplift at 1440p with Ultra settings
Metro: Last Light Complete Edition* (DX11)
Up to 20% average FPS uplift at 1080p with High settings
Up to 23% average FPS uplift at 1440p with Very High settings

Tom's Hardware compares the A750 with the RX 6600.

TLDR: the A750 compares well performance-wise but they have driver concerns.
If you looked at only the 1080p Geomean average you would think these are cards are neck and neck but when you look at the actual results the difference in performance between varies wildly.

Last edited:
Been using an arc a770 8gb i bought off boomstick on the for sale forums here. So far been very impressed. Had the odd minor issue but sorted by DXVK.

New WHQL drivers (32.0.101.5768) available.

Gaming Highlights:

Intel® Game On Driver support on Intel® Arc™ A-series Graphics GPUs and Intel® Core™ Ultra with built-in Intel® Arc™ GPUs for:

Stormgate*
Game performance improvements on Intel® Arc™ A-Series Graphics Products versus Intel® 31.0.101.5762 software driver for:

Yakuza: Like a Dragon* (DX11)
Up to 91% average FPS uplift at 1080p with Ultra settings
Up to 35% average FPS uplift at 1440p with Ultra settings
Metro: Last Light Complete Edition* (DX11)
Up to 20% average FPS uplift at 1080p with High settings
Up to 23% average FPS uplift at 1440p with Very High settings
Game performance improvements on Intel® Core™ Ultra with built-in Intel® Arc™ GPUs versus Intel® 31.0.101.5762 software driver for:

Stormgate* (DX11)
Up to 12% average FPS uplift at 1080p with Medium settings with Temporal Super Resolution enabled

I don't play any of those.

Stormgate is apparently Starcraft 3.

Back
Top Bottom