• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Intel Arc owners thread

Oh, I didn't mean crashing, just visual glitches with AA, ray tracing 'n stuff. Don't think their general stability (once actually in the game) is any worse than anyone else.

I'm not sure if you can easily sell the games or not.

Ah righty, I went ahead and bought a Gigabyte 6700 XT Eagle in the end. Debated hard over the A770 but need a hassle free plug and play experience, disappointed actually would have liked the idea of a full Intel build! Weird?

A770 can be had now for around 300 quid mark. Im getting tempted, any reasons to avoid still?

seem to be improving vastly with every driver update, (apparently thought the software is something to be desired yet).

And being able to get the Asrock A770 Phantom for £330 is a bargain! :eek:

So I may or may not have also got an A770 because.... reasons..... :p:p

Already got the LE model A750 so what better to pair it with than the ASRock A770 Phantom Gaming D:

6uy1LIFl.jpg

She is quite the chonker....

ivKgDB6l.jpg

Looking good with all that Noctua brown goodness:

Gc0IwRsl.jpg

First impressions are very positive. The card is effectively inaudible in a case filled with only Noctua fans (what voodoo is this?!) and is performing anywhere between 10 and 15% faster than the A750LE in the 1440p UW tests I have performed so far. The cooler is also hilarious overkill for such a card. So far I have seen it top out at 66C after a decent benchmarking session. In Hitman 3 it is still behind the 3060Ti in Dartmoor (86 vs 117) but nearly level pegging in Dubai (124 vs 127). Another nice bonus is it uses noticeably less power than the A750 at the same clock speeds. I am guessing this is general binning and sample variance. Oh and its 11% quicker in Destiny 2 breaking through the 90FPS average mark. :)

Still need to run more benchmarks but so far the performance uplift is consistent (and not really surprising). Quick and dirty overclocking suggests it has more to give as well (vs the A750).

Now I have my A7XX LE shelf piece and one to do all my testing / messing about on. Did I need it? No. Did I want it? Yes. Does it make any logical sense? Lol, you serious?! :cry:

Now to find a Acer Predator BiFrost (at a not stupid price) to complete the trifecta of madness.

EDIT: Nothing to see here, Have totally not bought a BiFrost and arranged a return for the Phantom.... :eek::D

Last edited:
Yep so the BiFrost has now arrived and is installed.

ovIoHbFl.jpg

Az6wGiOl.jpg

4mecB8ql.jpg

UYDtFbLl.jpg

I was genuinely surprised by both how small the card actually is (same size as "reference") and how heavy it is. Barring the obvious parts the card is entirely made from metal which was a pleasant surprise (and honestly the one thing I didn't like about the Phantom).

Pr7t9M1l.jpg

First impressions after installing and a very quick benchmarking sessions are positive. It is a little louder than both the "Reference" model and the Phantom and hovers between the two in terms of temps under load. Clock wise it boosts to the same 2400Mhz core speed whilst the memory sits at 17GT/s. Performance out of the box in the tests I have run so far is within margin of error to the Phantom A770. Initial overclocking tests suggest it has more in the tank than the Phantom and will potentially end up faster thanks to the higher memory clock.

I need to get properly tinkering now to see what the card can really do. :)

So I may or may not have also got an A770 because.... reasons..... :p:p

Already got the LE model A750 so what better to pair it with than the ASRock A770 Phantom Gaming D:

6uy1LIFl.jpg

She is quite the chonker....

ivKgDB6l.jpg

Looking good with all that Noctua brown goodness:

Gc0IwRsl.jpg

First impressions are very positive. The card is effectively inaudible in a case filled with only Noctua fans (what voodoo is this?!) and is performing anywhere between 10 and 15% faster than the A750LE in the 1440p UW tests I have performed so far. The cooler is also hilarious overkill for such a card. So far I have seen it top out at 66C after a decent benchmarking session. In Hitman 3 it is still behind the 3060Ti in Dartmoor (86 vs 117) but nearly level pegging in Dubai (124 vs 127). Another nice bonus is it uses noticeably less power than the A750 at the same clock speeds. I am guessing this is general binning and sample variance. Oh and its 11% quicker in Destiny 2 breaking through the 90FPS average mark. :)

Still need to run more benchmarks but so far the performance uplift is consistent (and not really surprising). Quick and dirty overclocking suggests it has more to give as well (vs the A750).

Now I have my A7XX LE shelf piece and one to do all my testing / messing about on. Did I need it? No. Did I want it? Yes. Does it make any logical sense? Lol, you serious?! :cry:

Now to find a Acer Predator BiFrost (at a not stupid price) to complete the trifecta of madness.

EDIT: Nothing to see here, Have totally not bought a BiFrost and arranged a return for the Phantom.... :eek::D
Would be good if you could run a few of the 3DMark and game benches here as there are no Intel discrete GPU entries. :)

I have next week off work so looking to pull together quite a few benchmarks. :)

I expect to do ok in 3DMark and Superposition and terribly in Heaven... :cry:
I would love to know how the intel arc cards perform in old MMORPG games like Lord of the Rings online as stories of crashes in older games like that which I play put me of the Arc cards

I’m tempted to try an Arc 750 in my office PC which does little gaming. I had a 7900XT in it before which is pure overkill and pointless.

Is it worth going for the 770 instead? I suppose at that point it’s getting quite close to a card like a 6700xt, where as £250 for a A750 seems like a pretty decent buy?

@oweneades Any chance you can try this benchmark:

I am interested to see how the Arc cards perform.

@oweneades Any chance you can try this benchmark:

I am interested to see how the Arc cards perform.

Might be able to look at it this weekend. I don't have FO4 installed and neither do I have the ARC A770 in my system at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom