The Intel Quadcore Database

Soldato
Seems its not at all happy running small ffts at pretty much the same settings. All I have done is up the fsb to 402 so I'm running above 3.6Ghz (higher in the table ;))
Surely a few extra Hz shouldn't cause that much of a change in stability?

Keeps hard resetting only a few minutes in :(

Upped the voltage to 1.45 in bios. Which shows as 1.4 in cpuz under load....
Damn vdroop.

Associate
Where do I find VID core temp? Just found the programme.
Just trying to get together some results to post, also when the screenshots been taken what do you use to paste it to so that it can be put on the forum?
I'm assuming that image shack is used but agin I don't really know the settings to use so any help appreciated.
Thanks.:)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
imageshack or photobucket can host the pics for you -1024x768 works well. MSPaint is as good as anything for pasting a basic screenshot.

To take the screenshot press prt_scr
Open MSpaint and press CTRL+V
Save image as jpeg
upload to photobucket
post here in forum
bask in glory(or ridicule)

Associate
imageshack or photobucket can host the pics for you -1024x768 works well. MSPaint is as good as anything for pasting a basic screenshot.

To take the screenshot press prt_scr
Open MSpaint and press CTRL+V
Save image as jpeg
upload to photobucket
post here in forum
bask in glory(or ridicule)

Just tried it and didn't even know about MSPaint, just what the doctor ordered as I'm a total nooooob with art work have photoshop and it's waaaaaay to much for me could do with putting it away somewhere safe and forgetting where it is, every time I try something simple it's 2 hours gone, I'd rather be overclocking or reading forums any day.

Hope to be able to add my efforts to your database in the morning if it passes that is.

Thanks for the help it's appreciated.:D

Associate
Just been to look how mine's doing (hoping to post screenie) and it must have crashed big time, completely rebooted and sitting waiting for me, dam I only went up 51 MHz must be getting close.

Man of Honour
CPU Q6600
Revison G0
FPO# L728A810
Clockspeed 3
Vcore 1.425
Vid (core temp) 1.2875
Motherboard Gigabyte G33-S2
Cooling Swiftech H20 I20 Water
Thermal paste used AS5
CPU Temp 63C (Avg)

q6600_g0_3400_8hr.gif

Soldato
hey w3bbo yea i must have set it to blend on that test what a gimp, i set it too late last night and had to leave for work when it was still prime stable at 7:30 hours so hopefully when i get home it will be about 15 hours stable lol, temps have gone up to about 60 but as you said the small test is more cpu intensive but on the up side ive managed to lower the vcore slightly and all fine so far :p

Associate
Here's my first try, not bad I'm pleased with it.

CPU Q6600
Revison G0
FPO# L731A
Vcore 1.5v
Vid (core temp) 1.2625
Motherboard Asus Maximus SE
Custom Water D Tek Fuzion, Thermochil PA120.3 Laing DDC Ultra
Thermal paste used AS5
CPU Temp 64.5C (Avg)

Last edited:
Associate
whats the highest you should go with these quads as had mine at 3.4 with volt at 1.41 and it was hitting 70 after 2 hours under prime,think it will go higher but wasnt sure about it hitting 70 cheers

Back
Top Bottom