***The iOS 5 Thread***

Associate
Associate

Saw that posted last night, we looked at it but then read some of the comments from people who had done it and they still had features not working correctly, but now this bug is out in the open i expect apple with have this patched up for the next BETA which will then screw anyone over who doesn't have there UDID registered if they were to upgrade to BETA2.

If we were to try and get someone else to register the UDID will it fail if it's already been registered on another account? Just thinking we could try this to see if the guy actually registered it or not..

When your UDID is registered what does this mean? Will you be classed as a developer forever? Could they eventually fix this which would mean my iPhone is constantly in a state of 5.0 beta? :p

Your classed as a dev for 12 months if i remember correcly or until the dev account you are under is up for renewel.

Last edited:
Soldato
ok, i've added my iphone's udid into the iOS Provisioning Portal (I'm a paid up and registered developer, albeit a new one!). I've now updated the firmware for my iphone4 in itunes to iOS5, however once everything seems to have finished updating itunes says:

"We're unable to complete your activation. This device is not registered as part of the iPhone Developer Program"

What am I supposed to do now? My phone appears to be bricked at the moment if I can't get this sorted!

/edit, disregard, typed it in wrong!

Last edited:
Associate
ok, i've added my iphone's udid into the iOS Provisioning Portal (I'm a paid up and registered developer, albeit a new one!). I've now updated the firmware for my iphone4 in itunes to iOS5, however once everything seems to have finished updating itunes says:

"We're unable to complete your activation. This device is not registered as part of the iPhone Developer Program"

What am I supposed to do now? My phone appears to be bricked at the moment if I can't get this sorted!

Sounds similar to what my friend has had happen to his, altho he has restored to 4.3.3 until we find a solution to this issue.
Have you double checked that it's added to the portal ?
Entered the UDID with capital letters ? (Not sure if thats an issue but that was the difference between me and my friends phones working)

Let me know if you get it working, stops my friend pestering me ;)

Soldato
I put in the wrong udid (stupid me!). Now with the correct udid in it works and the phone is resyncing and copying across all my old data. phew!

Associate
Ah fair enough, still trying to work out whats wrong with my friends not working, but waiting for an email back off the guy who registered it :(

Soldato
elbulus, have done it. dont worry about any payment! Send me your ipad one when you're ready.

A random name: I'll do yours as well when you're ready to send it.

/this is not a free invite to everyone to send me their udid's!!!!!

Soldato
No worries mate. My phone is still copying across a load of stuff, it's been at it for an hour! I hope this works ok (fingers crossed). If it does I may update my ipad this evening. tabbed browsing finally!

Soldato
No worries mate. My phone is still copying across a load of stuff, it's been at it for an hour! I hope this works ok (fingers crossed). If it does I may update my ipad this evening. tabbed browsing finally!

It does that and does that I had it running for 3hours, your find itunes has crashed. reboot your phone and it will work - will only take 15mins then.

Soldato
In windows goto:

C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup

In there you'll find one or more folders with a very long name. The name of the folder should be 40 characters long and should be your udid.

Soldato
Can anyone confirm that the tabbed browsing they showed is iPad ONLY? I will be a bit gutted if this isn't speedy on the iPhone :(

Soldato
I believe its iPad only and the only main update to iPhone is the Safari reader.

To be honest I don't think there is room on the current screen size to realistically use tabs - maybe on the iPhone 5 though...

Back
Top Bottom