***The iOS 5 Thread***

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Talking of safari, is there still no option to reload a page without scrolling to the top? It can be quite annoying when viewing pages on here which are incredibly long, to go up to the top, reload and then find where you were in the conversation.

Reload then click "View first unread" and it'll take you back down to where you were. Simples.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Ahhh I see. Many thanks for that!

The other issue im having is having to maintain my Gmail and my iCloud accounts with up to date contacts.
If I select Gmail as my default account then the new contacts/entries are not synced with iCloud and if I set iCloud as the default account then the new contacts/entries are not being synced with Gmail.
This is tough!

Why don't you just forward all mail from Gmail, to your iCloud address?

Then, just port your calendar to iCloud and just use 1 service.

Soldato
Love how any one can pick up your 4S even when its locked with password and can load up Siri and tell it to do stuff!!

This is very very bad!!!

I just tried the following:
Asked my fellow work collegue to test it out.

He managed to email my work, send a text to my mum, bring up my address details, bring up my mums details, bring up my home details etc.

A text came in. He just loaded Siri and asked it to read it out and it did!

All this even when there is a password lock on!!

How could they have allowed this?? No privacy at all!!!
God help you if your phone gets nicked or ends up in the wrong hands!

Associate
Love how any one can pick up your 4S even when its locked with password and can load up Siri and tell it to do stuff!!

This is very very bad!!!

I just tried the following:
Asked my fellow work collegue to test it out.

He managed to email my work, send a text to my mum, bring up my address details, bring up my mums details, bring up my home details etc.

A text came in. He just loaded Siri and asked it to read it out and it did!

All this even when there is a password lock on!!

How could they have allowed this?? No privacy at all!!!
God help you if your phone gets nicked or ends up in the wrong hands!

Settings, General, Passcode Lock, Siri Off.

Soldato
Settings, General, Passcode Lock, Siri Off.

Ahhhh

Is it me or is iMessage a load of bs?

Would have been better for them to take over WhatsApp Inc. and made iMessage cross platform

It is bs.
Would have been better if it allowed group chats and be able to send files (other than pics), share location and audio files. Basically- it needs to be exactly like WhatsApp to be useful in any meaningful way! Cross-platform too as not everyone i know uses iOS, still got a lot of android/BB users aswell!

Last edited:

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Ahhhh

It is bs.
Would have been better if it allowed group chats and be able to send files (other than pics), share location and audio files. Basically- it needs to be exactly like WhatsApp to be useful in any meaningful way! Cross-platform too as not everyone i know uses iOS, still got a lot of android/BB users aswell!

It may not do most of what you suggested but it does do group chat. I'm in several right now.

Reload then click "View first unread" and it'll take you back down to where you were. Simples.

Thanks mate. I'll do that.

Caporegime
There does seem to be a pretty consistent trend of you absolutely slating something for being absent or not able to do what you want it to... Whilst then getting told it actually can. Do you even bother searching for information on things before you moan?

Not everyone wants to sit there and browse the web for answers. That's what techies are for

Soldato
Be warned, I'm aware of how to google. As said, not everyone wants to sit there and find out answers when it is easier to post in a thread about the phone they are having issues with and get told the answer...

How is it harder to put three words into google than to log onto a forum and post in a topic relating to the matter? Cannot understand some peoples logic :confused:

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Be warned, I'm aware of how to google. As said, not everyone wants to sit there and find out answers when it is easier to post in a thread about the phone they are having issues with and get told the answer...

:confused: typing those three words into google, immediately gave the desired answer. Much easier than posting on a forum, in fact. I don't understand your logic there. Sure if it was a complicated issue that required a lot of digging and research but in this context, no.

Soldato
There does seem to be a pretty consistent trend of you absolutely slating something for being absent or not able to do what you want it to... Whilst then getting told it actually can. Do you even bother searching for information on things before you moan?

No. Dont have the time!

not everyone wants to sit there and find out answers when it is easier to post in a thread about the phone they are having issues with and get told the answer...

You would think so wouldnt you!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ofcourse i could search the internetz for an answer but isnt that what forums are for?
There wouldnt be any need for forums if we all simple searched the internetz, no?

Could have told me to go into blah blah, selct blah blah, change blah settiong and your done!

If you cant be helpful then why bother saying anything at all?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom