***The iOS 5 Thread***

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I've come to the conclusion that the reminders app cannot decide on my address.

I tried AGAIN to set the reminder for when I got home and nothing happened when I arrived. Upon checking the reminders app I could see my current location was not the same as the saved entry for my home.

Either I've messed up and forgotten my home address or the phone is setting the GPS in too broad an area which is throwing the app off the scent.

I shouldn't have to put my address in the phone wrongly, just to get it to work :/

Soldato
its now under notifications in the settings mate.

Ahhh I see. Many thanks for that!

The other issue im having is having to maintain my Gmail and my iCloud accounts with up to date contacts.
If I select Gmail as my default account then the new contacts/entries are not synced with iCloud and if I set iCloud as the default account then the new contacts/entries are not being synced with Gmail.
This is tough!

Last edited:
Associate
Just to say that iOS on 3GS was no problem for me and a very very good upgrade from 4.3. It's almost like I don't need another phone.

I tried Siri today instore and not really that impressed by it (I tried to have a conversation with it, but it did not understand - I'll try again).

Soldato
Right, did another test this morning with location based reminders. This time i made sure my locatioon/home/work addresses are in my contact fields so it knows!

Test 1: Remind me when i leave home.
Test 2: Remind me when i arrive at work.

Needless to say i started driving to work and after doing around 40miles i got both reminders! I was 40miles away from "Home" and 10 miles away from "Work".

What a bag of crap!

Soldato
question: when i get a missed call and i slide over the missed call, it auto calls back.

that's all fine. why then when i end the call does it revert back to the lock screen and the missed call is still there? is that meant to happen?

ta

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Talking of safari, is there still no option to reload a page without scrolling to the top? It can be quite annoying when viewing pages on here which are incredibly long, to go up to the top, reload and then find where you were in the conversation.

Back
Top Bottom