Poll: ** The iPhone 7 and 7 Plus Thread **

Which colour iPhone 7 or 7 Plus are you going for?

• Jet Black (gloss)

Votes: 84 12.9%
  • Black

Votes: 207 31.8%
  • Silver

Votes: 30 4.6%
  • Gold

Votes: 11 1.7%
  • Rose Gold

Votes: 7 1.1%
  • I wanted one, but the lack of headphone jack is a deal breaker

Votes: 76 11.7%
  • I'm not buying one

Votes: 236 36.3%

• Total voters
Soldato
How can you get that usage? I never get a whole day use but then again I am constantly using my phone as I have my work stuff on it. Only phone I have ever been able to use for more ham 1d was the Xperia I had before.

Not sure what I'm doing differently. Maybe it's not how much you use it but rather exactly what you use it for. Maybe certain things can get away with only using the low power cores in the A10 and thus don't drain the battery anywhere near as much.

I mostly use apps and don't browse that much and hardly play games or music at all.

Soldato
Not sure what I'm doing differently. Maybe it's not how much you use it but rather exactly what you use it for. Maybe certain things can get away with only using the low power cores in the A10 and thus don't drain the battery anywhere near as much.

I mostly use apps and don't browse that much and hardly play games or music at all.

Mainly email and opening documents. Probably because I receive a lot of emails and it is Push via Exchange so constantly working away. Also loads of messages

Soldato
Mainly email and opening documents. Probably because I receive a lot of emails and it is Push via Exchange so constantly working away. Also loads of messages

I'm using Exchange push also but quantity of emails is very light.

Interestingly my battery is in free-fall this morning - down to 14% since I posted earlier. Looks like it's not exactly linear and probably still calibrating but I'm still getting the thick end of three days out of it.

Soldato
On hissgate think apple need to do something asap. Further to my findings some others have found that the video hissing is due to using the Mike next to the camera (which is close to the site of coil whine). If you use an app that uses another mike (e.g. Front) you hear nice silence.

So the only real solution (IMO) is to recall and replace. Only software solution would be to downclock during video recording but even then I'm not convinced this would work (current handset I have has next to no whine and it still picks it up, if that is indeed he sound).

Soldato
Phoned AppleCare to see what the latest is. I love how every time they answer they act surprised and "this is the first I have heard of it", then 2 mins in the conversation they know what it is exactly. Looks like still at the "information gathering stage".

Soldato
On hissgate think apple need to do something asap. Further to my findings some others have found that the video hissing is due to using the Mike next to the camera (which is close to the site of coil whine). If you use an app that uses another mike (e.g. Front) you hear nice silence.

So the only real solution (IMO) is to recall and replace. Only software solution would be to downclock during video recording but even then I'm not convinced this would work (current handset I have has next to no whine and it still picks it up, if that is indeed he sound).

I guess 'lucky' is not your middle name.

Man of Honour
Restore seemed to fail, it just set it up as a new iPhone. Now I've reset it and tried again it seems stuck on 'setting up your Apple ID'.

Associate
Does anyone know if the iOS public beta updates the Three carrier file from 25.1 and fixes the 4G bug?

Yep, I'm on 10.1 and Three carrier setting is on 25.5. Although the network still seems a bit shaky but not as bad as some people have said it has been on 25.1

Ste

Ste

Soldato
Got mine, video hiss present.

Audio quality via lightning to 3.5mm much improved on my senheisers so definitely some better DAC stage somewhere

Mega fast too.

Plus 128.

Back
Top Bottom