Poll: ** The iPhone 7 and 7 Plus Thread **

Which colour iPhone 7 or 7 Plus are you going for?

• Jet Black (gloss)

Votes: 84 12.9%
  • Black

Votes: 207 31.8%
  • Silver

Votes: 30 4.6%
  • Gold

Votes: 11 1.7%
  • Rose Gold

Votes: 7 1.1%
  • I wanted one, but the lack of headphone jack is a deal breaker

Votes: 76 11.7%
  • I'm not buying one

Votes: 236 36.3%

• Total voters
Associate
Yep, time to upgrade the 6+ 128Gb to a 7+ 128Gb. No way I need 256Gb so the storage lineup change has worked nicely, barely using half of the capacity at the moment after 2 years. Going for the black I think, not a big fan of the glossy look.

Hoping O2 get their pre orders up and running quickly, have a reasonable £252 recycle price for the 6+ ready to go.

Soldato
One thing I don't understand is the Japan-only model. Does it still have NFC? Seems a bit odd if not.

Japanese iPhone goes abroad, can't use Apple Pay. Any other iPhone goes to Japan, can't use Apple Pay.

Is that the case?

Caporegime
I'll let you lot get on with it, most people who would offer some balance and reason to the discussion won't bother coming in the thread so I can tell I'm fighting a losing battle. :p

Soldato
That's only if you don't upgrade at 12 months.

If you do your are paying 12 months to lease the iPhone 7 then 20 months to pay for the upgrade (iPhone 7s) and keep it

I'd personally go the yearly upgrade and ac+ for £550 pa and forgo giving one of my kids my old phone the eldest is 18 and heading off to uni and the youngest has a Note 4 so no big deal.

Caporegime
A bit like your car threads then :p

That sentence may apply to the last line of my post, but it doesn't really work with the rest of it! :p

There were plenty of people trying to apply logic and reason in my threads.

In any case, these phones will lose value much faster than a trashed old sports car, and thats saying something! ;)

Associate
personally i think the headphone socket makes me want to scream! so i cant charge my phone and use my very good headphones that i already have?

Yes people will moan for a few months then it will be the norm but i have an upgrade in 6 months i have always had apple but use my phone more as an ipod i will personally going for a samsung next or what ever has a headphone socket. (only 1 customer they lose but hey :) )

Man of Honour
Agh I understood it wrong. For some reason I thought that the only way to upgrade was via trade in, but you could still sell it privately I see.

What's the monthly on the 128gb plus then?

i don't think can you sell it, you hand it back.

24x44.45=£1066.80 this gets you ip7+ for 12months and ip7s+ for 12months.

or
ip7+ @819 +ip7s@819 +apple care @ 119 - ip7@600 =£1157

and the chance of selling the ip7+ for £600 is pushing it, as ip6s+ before today was around £450

so over 2 years its slightly cheaper.

Man of Honour
OP
I'll let you lot get on with it, most people who would offer some balance and reason to the discussion won't bother coming in the thread so I can tell I'm fighting a losing battle. :p

People don't have to agree with you. They may deem any extra cost to be worth it. I do.

Soldato
personally i think the headphone socket makes me want to scream! so i cant charge my phone and use my very good headphones that i already have?

Yes people will moan for a few months then it will be the norm but i have an upgrade in 6 months i have always had apple but use my phone more as an ipod i will personally going for a samsung next or what ever has a headphone socket. (only 1 customer they lose but hey :) )

Indeed, if you don't like it you don't have to buy it - vote with your feet/wallet.

Personally I applaud their forward thinking. Give it a few years and the 3.5mm jack will be history on all phones.

Soldato
Thanks. Big download and I guess they're being thrashed at the moment. Once it's done, I can remove the profile, can't I?

/edit - mind you, five minutes to download, that's pretty good!

You can't revert back to iOS9 or remove the profile as such. Once the full version is released you'll have the full version as normal but a small, useless remnant being the profile still on the device after the Beta is over. You have to then replace the profile come iOS11 Beta as that will have a different profile to install in its place. :)

Man of Honour
Don't care about headphone socket, times move on.
However I do care that its a proprietary connector and not something like usb+c or other standard.
And it costs far to much just like galaxy note 7

Other than that it looks very good.

Back
Top Bottom