Poll: ** The iPhone 7 and 7 Plus Thread **

Which colour iPhone 7 or 7 Plus are you going for?

• Jet Black (gloss)

Votes: 84 12.9%
  • Black

Votes: 207 31.8%
  • Silver

Votes: 30 4.6%
  • Gold

Votes: 11 1.7%
  • Rose Gold

Votes: 7 1.1%
  • I wanted one, but the lack of headphone jack is a deal breaker

Votes: 76 11.7%
  • I'm not buying one

Votes: 236 36.3%

• Total voters
Soldato
Any info on the Lightning to 3.5mm adapter? I guess the phone will still have an internal DAC for the internal speakers so I assume it will passthrough the lightning port to the 3.5mm adapter otherwise how would it work.

AFAIK Lightning is digital only so the adapter will have a DAC in it.

Soldato
There is no trade in value. You hand the phone back and sign a new 20 month agreement for a new phone, at full price with the £49 initial cost.

You'll only be out of pocket (the cost of the initial 11 months) if you upgrade and then decide not to the next time. I.e you'll have paid 32 x £xx for the iPhone 7s instead of just 20x.

No as by that point you also own the next iphone you don't need to give it back if you pay full term.

Soldato
There is trade in value though, your outstanding loan at that point of £346.50, which they wipe clean when they set you up with a new 20 month contract, right?

Soldato
So guys, those GM links? I just tried one from a dodgy website and bricked one's phone :D

Actually, may be to do with the iTunes version, and (apparently) not having Xcode 8 (Beta or GM). However, I don't know where I can get Xcode 8 Beta to rectify the situation so I guess I'm going back to 9.3.5

Last edited:
Associate
First time im actually impressed with an iPhone. Going to get the Rose Gold 7 Plus for the wife to replace her 6 Plus. Still sticking with my Note 7 despite the recall. This way i get to play with both top of the line ios and android

Soldato
There is trade in value though, your outstanding loan at that point of £346.50, which they wipe clean when they set you up with a new 20 month contract, right?

Yes, but you'll have paid 12x £xx by that point with nothing to show for it.

No as by that point you also own the next iphone you don't need to give it back if you pay full term.

But you'll have paid 32x £xx for it instead of 20x.

Soldato
Are we allowed to discuss accessories in here?

Wondering if the AirPods might turn out to be a serious theft target as they're not cheap and look very easy to whip out of someone's ears.

Was thinking the same!

So I'm going to America for 3 weeks in just over a week , will a american iPhone work over here ?

Yep, just be sure to get it unlocked from an Apple Store, not a carrier shop.

I got a pair of wireless a month ago for running and i have been using it almost every day when shopping, it is much more convenient than wired.

Which ones did you get?

Ohhh....decisions decisions.

I much prefer the overall size of the 7, tried the + last year and it doesn't play well with my pockets. But I really want the zoomy zoom zoom features of the 7+ camera!

:(

Caporegime
Which ones did you get?

Ohhh....decisions decisions.

I much prefer the overall size of the 7, tried the + last year and it doesn't play well with my pockets. But I really want the zoomy zoom zoom features of the 7+ camera!

:(

OX4jMrm.jpg

for those wanting the gloss black.....i don't know if it will change your decision but apparently there's smallprint on the gloss black spec saying it's highly prone to scratches. I suppose that's pretty obvious but for those thinking apple might have come up with some amazing coating or something lol

If they made a gloss white I would have chosen that as white hides scratches better.

Caporegime
When my Mrs got a 6s 64gb recently for £26 a month (july) with all you can eat minutes and iirc 2gb data for 2 years and 3 months free, I realise I would have to be bat **** mental to pay for my three sim only £16 (8gb) and then buy one of these new phones too. Her contract even with minutes is still cheaper than what apple are flogging the 32gb version for.

I do love the OS (until I want to transfer something to it) but not enough to let them pull my pants down and go in lube free.

ajf

ajf

Soldato
Only my opinion, but I really don't get the issues with the 3.5mm adaptor.
You plug it on to the end of your headphones and there it stays, it just becomes part of them and you plug into the Lightning port as you used to do with the 3.5mm jack.

Use it with white cables and I bet most people wouldn't even notice you were using it.
I wouldn't think it could get much smaller without compromised performance.

Caporegime
You plug it on to the end of your headphones and there it stays, it just becomes part of them and you plug into the Lightning port as you used to do with the 3.5mm jack.

Use it with white cables and I bet most people wouldn't even notice you were using it.

I wouldn't care either if it had two lightning ports, one to charge one for the headset. I also wouldn't care if it had the battery life of a nokia 3310 but it's an iphone and actually using the thing you are lucky to get 12 hours. So having to juggle between using the headset or charging is a pita.

Soldato

And when you want to charge your phone but still listen to music while doing so?

Back
Top Bottom