The last game you completed, and rating.

Soldato
COD: Ghosts. Not yet completed 2/10.

My first Call of Duty game and from my experience of this, my last. What a load of rubbish. Each mission lasts about five minutes until the story is pushed along by some nice animation sequences. I then get another five minute mission with three team members who run along shooting everybody for me. I then get to the do the occasional drilling of a hole, pushing of a button, when more baddies come along for my team to get into a firefight with. Oh... another animation sequence to push the story along. Rinse and repeat.

Do people actually play this rubbish and enjoy it? The franchise must have had more to it than this.

Soldato
This is the Police. One of the strangest games I've played, although enjoyable for the most part. Hated the ending. 6.5/10. Got it for free, so I can't really complain.

Associate
Thimbleweed Park - A really enjoyable retro point and click mystery game. I'm not sure it will appeal to people who don't enjoy, or at least have nostalgia for the genre. But for anyone who does like that sort of thing I recommend this game highly. Funny, good puzzles, all of the nostalgia. :)

Soldato
COD: Ghosts. Not yet completed 2/10.

My first Call of Duty game and from my experience of this, my last. What a load of rubbish. Each mission lasts about five minutes until the story is pushed along by some nice animation sequences. I then get another five minute mission with three team members who run along shooting everybody for me. I then get to the do the occasional drilling of a hole, pushing of a button, when more baddies come along for my team to get into a firefight with. Oh... another animation sequence to push the story along. Rinse and repeat.

Do people actually play this rubbish and enjoy it? The franchise must have had more to it than this.
Your playing what is regarded as the worst one ever done. Go play modern warfare1-3 they all had great single players imo.

Soldato
Is the gameplay the same? I just seem to be running after my team. I like to have a look around and take in the atmosphere. By which time they've done what needs doing and we're away again.
Same in sense it's an fps, but one had good pacing, and few missions stand out for bringing something fresh for its times e.g all guilied up.

Modern warfare 1-3 can be had dirt cheap, 1 has just been remade.

Soldato
Is the gameplay the same? I just seem to be running after my team. I like to have a look around and take in the atmosphere. By which time they've done what needs doing and we're away again.

Modern Warfare 1 gives you more freedom than the sequels imo. The level in Pripyat is pretty open.

Associate
Layers of fear: Inheritance 8/10.

Very short but has some of the same surreal trip that the main game has. Also only one ending (I think?) whereas the main game had three(?).
Bit more of fetch & return with the paints area, but still a good DLC. Finally gives a bit more story as to wth was going on.

Just learnt the DLC also has three endings :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Watch Dogs 2 - 8/10 - After I stayed away from the first Game due to all the graphical downgrade stuff I decided to give this one a go and was pleasantly surprised. The open world was fun to travels around in and although it doses't have the same charm as San Andreas in GTA V its getting there. The missions were on the most part good, despite being a little formulaic at times and normally offered multiple ways to complete them. My only major criticism were the characters, they just seems poorly written and very tropey (if i was really being harsh it seemed that writers were trying to fill as many boxes as possible from a diversity check sheet). I also found the in game soundtrack, which can make or break these type of games for me, to be rather week. A few more songs wouldn't have gone a miss as I just seemed to be hearing the same few songs on repeat throughout the game.

Soldato
Primordia - 16 bit styled point and click adventure set in a future where man no longer exists and only the machines that he created are left behind. Clever little story and comical and likeable characters. 7/10. I completely missed the point and click era of gaming as I didn't game on PC and am trying really hard to embrace them - I consider myself to be of at least average intelligence but man I still suck at these puzzles!

Soldato
Layers of fear 9/10.

Has three endings too I gather.

Could've got a 9.5/10, but the draughts board area, I kept getting some camera spinning bug. Plus, that one area was kind of hide & seek with tiny parts to get it moving to the next segment.

Apart from that, absolutely amazing! Such a mind trip when you enter a room that has four doors. Minute or two later there're no doors, turn around & a whole new corridor has appeared out of nowhere. Crayon drawings on the wall come to life & vanish, leaving you spinning the mouse around saying "wth is going on in here!?" :D

DLC tomorrow \o/

I really must try and finish this now the new game by them is out and looks amazing!

I bought Layers in early access, played what was available several times to show friends etc. But when the full release came, it wiped the saves so had to play that again for the 4th or 5th time :D

Was a bit off putting. I did get pretty far eventually but stopped for some reason, your post has encouraged me to have a final shot at it.

Associate
I really must try and finish this now the new game by them is out and looks amazing!

I bought Layers in early access, played what was available several times to show friends etc. But when the full release came, it wiped the saves so had to play that again for the 4th or 5th time :D

Was a bit off putting. I did get pretty far eventually but stopped for some reason, your post has encouraged me to have a final shot at it.

I'm like that. If for any reason a save gets wiped, I really can't be fussed to start over again (glares at steam for ruining hundred+ hours of Skyrim...).
Had Layers of fear for ages & it's the release of their new game that made me go back to it. Definitely worth it, such a mind trip of a game :D

Hope you enjoy it as much as I did, which is a lot.

Soldato
I'm like that. If for any reason a save gets wiped, I really can't be fussed to start over again (glares at steam for ruining hundred+ hours of Skyrim...).
Had Layers of fear for ages & it's the release of their new game that made me go back to it. Definitely worth it, such a mind trip of a game :D

Hope you enjoy it as much as I did, which is a lot.

Thanks I'll have a go! It's not too long I don't think? Is the DLC added on to the main game or is it extra cost?

Associate
Thanks I'll have a go! It's not too long I don't think? Is the DLC added on to the main game or is it extra cost?

Layers of fear quoted as 3-8 hours, depends what you do. I probably took really long time, because I couldn't resist opening & closing all doors to see what would happen hehe.

Layers of fear: Inheritance is a lot shorter, 1-3 hours max. Think I cleared it in just over one, but that was just one ending though.

The DLC is separate, except for newer players that can buy a bundle with both in one.

Good part, is that it's listed in the menu, not added onto the end of the main part, so you can play one or the other. Or both in a row :p

Soldato
Shadow Warrior 2. Gutted this is over now. Had so much fun playing this, in some ways it's the perfect game as it's simple yet so satisfying to play through. The gameplay is essentially the same for each mission but with so many different weapons to use and find and so many different upgrades and effects to be added to them it truly never gets dull. Add to that the fact that you can truly play the game entirely with melee based combat or as a FPS or a combination of both and you've got a game that you really look forward to playing each day. My personal favourite weapon was the chainsaw blade! The game looks stunning too and will give you graphics card a proper workout. So long Wang! 9/10

Associate
Shadow Warrior 2. Gutted this is over now. Had so much fun playing this, in some ways it's the perfect game as it's simple yet so satisfying to play through. The gameplay is essentially the same for each mission but with so many different weapons to use and find and so many different upgrades and effects to be added to them it truly never gets dull. Add to that the fact that you can truly play the game entirely with melee based combat or as a FPS or a combination of both and you've got a game that you really look forward to playing each day. My personal favourite weapon was the chainsaw blade! The game looks stunning too and will give you graphics card a proper workout. So long Wang! 9/10

Did you kill any of the Rabbits that were running around?
That was a "wth!?" surprise for me :D

Back
Top Bottom