The last game you completed, and rating.

Soldato
What Remains of Edith Finch. To call this a walking simulator does the game a great disservice - fantastic story telling, with constant twists and gameplay surprises. Equally clever as it is beautiful. It is short but really classy stuff. 9/10

Soldato
What Remains of Edith Finch. To call this a walking simulator does the game a great disservice - fantastic story telling, with constant twists and gameplay surprises. Equally clever as it is beautiful. It is short but really classy stuff. 9/10
Been wanting to grab this one. I love nothing more than a great story told in a game above all else really

Soldato
Batman: Arkham Knight 7/10. Didn't enjoy it as much as the rest in the series. Possibly because it included so many characters I'd never heard of.

Well, I say completed. If the Riddler thinks I'm collecting all his trophies...

Caporegime
Batman: Arkham Knight 7/10. Didn't enjoy it as much as the rest in the series. Possibly because it included so many characters I'd never heard of.

Well, I say completed. If the Riddler thinks I'm collecting all his trophies...
I finished that a couple of months ago. It was tedious in the extreme. And no, I have barely touched the riddler stuff either.

Associate
I grabbed Ryse: Son of Rome for free from Gamesessions. Was tempted to buy it for Steam instead (since it's nearly always very cheap) but the huge amount of achievements and middling reviews put me off, and I can stomach a few adverts for the price of free. Turns out it's really quite fun! Yes the combat is quite shallow, but the epic grandeur of Rome is there and I really enjoyed the whole Roman experience. The voice acting was really good too and because it's quite short the combat didn't push me away because the set pieces and environments changed at a rapid pace. I'd rate it a personal 7 but maybe and objective 6. Plus I was incredibly surprised my 5870 coped after reading how demanding it is.

Soldato
Finished ABZU. Great, stylish graphics and very filmic sound, but I'm not sure it was a game, more of an interactive experience. Quite short, but given there's not a lot of gameplay, about the right length.

Caporegime
Bookworm Adventures. OK, so I cheated by using an internet anagram solver. But when I started using that rather than sitting for minutes racking my brain, it actually became a lot more enjoyable. 9/10 with cheating, 6/10 without. :p

Soldato
"Completed" Borderlands 2 last night. Going for an Ultimate Vault Hunter run next. Far more enjoyable than I was expecting. 7.5/10.

Associate
Fez 6/10

I loved the rotation mechanic, the graphics and the world. Less keen on the puzzles (I don't feel clever enough for the game). If it had just been a platformer in the vein of Mario but with 3D rotation platforming puzzles I'd have loved it. Weird decryption stuff though is not for me. I just can't brain when I play games.

Associate
Layers of fear 9/10.

Has three endings too I gather.

Could've got a 9.5/10, but the draughts board area, I kept getting some camera spinning bug. Plus, that one area was kind of hide & seek with tiny parts to get it moving to the next segment.

Apart from that, absolutely amazing! Such a mind trip when you enter a room that has four doors. Minute or two later there're no doors, turn around & a whole new corridor has appeared out of nowhere. Crayon drawings on the wall come to life & vanish, leaving you spinning the mouse around saying "wth is going on in here!?" :D

DLC tomorrow \o/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom