The last game you completed, and rating.

Soldato
Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons

This game has sat in my library for a long time before I finally decided to clear it from my list of uncompleted games. What a game this is! From the controls, to the visuals, the music and the story telling. This was one gem I would say everyone should try. The game isn't that long to play through, so you aren't left feeling "when is this going to end?".

Soldato
Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons

This game has sat in my library for a long time before I finally decided to clear it from my list of uncompleted games. What a game this is! From the controls, to the visuals, the music and the story telling. This was one gem I would say everyone should try. The game isn't that long to play through, so you aren't left feeling "when is this going to end?".
I agree - such a neat little my game. I played it with my 4 & 5 year old sons last year - we took turns with the controller - and they still talk about it!

Associate
After finally committing to Witcher 3 for 85 hours, I can attest it's one of the best games I've played. Easily a 10/10, and certainly up there with the likes of Ocarina of Time and the Shenmue series.

V F

V F

Soldato
Quake 4. Played this for the first time and whilst you could probably have described it as just another run of the mill straight FPS, they don't really make games like this very often anymore, which is probably why we all enjoyed DOOM 2016 so much. Rather than stale it felt quite refreshing to just dodge, shoot and collect ammo and health picks ups through a variety of levels. I really enjoyed it. 8/10.

Have you played Quake Champions?

Caporegime
Doom 2 + Don't Play With Hell mod.

A sort of episodic style content mod which clearly has had a lot put into it. Plenty of influences are clearly evident such as Doom 3 and various mods, though I found some of the design choices a little unexpected, almost a bit odd; perhaps it's just very different compared to what we are normally given in a Doom mod. I guess the delivery seemed a bit drawn out and slow since it is quite story driven, but as more parts are in the works, this should help to smooth things out a bit as the mod expands over time. All in all, well worth playing (8/10).

False Dawn for Quake 4 is a good mod, btw. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Penumbra Overture. I really wanted to like this more than I actually did. I think I had high expectations after playing Frictional Games' more recent efforts Amnesia and SOMA. Don't get me wrong, the puzzles, setting and atmosphere were all great it's just that enemies (dogs and spiders) were more of an annoyance and frustrating to engage with rather than being scary or challenging. Still enjoyed it though and looking forward to see how the story progresses in Black Plague... 7/10

Soldato
The Stanley Parable. It's hard to say that you've completed this one as the game doesn't truly ever end - you just keep playing through it, making opposite decisions to find alternate 'endings'. I got about 10 different endings I think and am satisfied enough to move on - I'm sure there are more things that can be done with the game. This game is really unique, clever and funny - totally unlike anything else out there. I can't imagine anyone not liking this game if picked up for the right price. 9/10

Associate
Near Death - 8/10

Just got this in a humble bundle and really enjoyed it. I find it hard to concentrate on new games but found myself playing into the early hours of the morning to complete it.

Its short (about 3 hours) but a nice polished game by a small team. If you like survival games but hate starvation, jump scares, combat or dealing with enemies then give it a go.

Its just you and Mother Nature.

Edit - given its short playtime, I'd say get it in a sale. I would happily have paid up to £10 though for the fun it gave me.

Last edited:
Soldato
The Stanley Parable. It's hard to say that you've completed this one as the game doesn't truly ever end - you just keep playing through it, making opposite decisions to find alternate 'endings'. I got about 10 different endings I think and am satisfied enough to move on - I'm sure there are more things that can be done with the game. This game is really unique, clever and funny - totally unlike anything else out there. I can't imagine anyone not liking this game if picked up for the right price. 9/10
I didn't like.

I've just complete X-COM: Enemy Unknown!
To be honest it was an old save game that I went back to, so giving it a rating is a bit tricky. I'd say like 6/10.
The RNG aspect could get annoying and I disliked that the Aliens got to move once discovered, sometimes messing up your positioning. Also some situations seemed impossible to approach using cover.

Soldato
Wolfenstein: The New Order

Fun throwback style FPS game which had a fun alternate history take on things which was refreshing. Good variation between stealth, full combat and exploration. Stealth never felt mandatory but made things easier on yourself.

Unfortunately let down by the last level which was just utter chaos in 1 specific room which left me extremely frustrated. A massive shift in tone from the rest of the game and all your stealth skills were useless by this point and of course I'd gone much more down that route.....

7/10 - would have been higher but that last level sucked all the fun out for me!

Soldato
Battlefield 1 war stories campaign. This was such a pleasant surprise! I was fully expecting another run of the mill forgettable call of duty / previous Battlefield games story but I really felt emotionally connected to some of the stories throughout the campaign. It was charming, funny and I felt endeared towards some of the characters. It so surpassed my expectations and thought it was fantastic. 9/10

Back
Top Bottom