The last game you completed, and rating.

Soldato
Minerva's Den (Bioshock 2 DLC). And so, with great sadness, I have now completed the last Bioshock material I had yet to experience. Classic Bioshock gameplay with some cool extra weapons and plasmid powers. Interesting story with the classic Bioshock twist at the end. Great stuff. 9/10
I've been meaning to play this. Some say this dlc is better than the main game?

Soldato
I've been meaning to play this. Some say this dlc is better than the main game?
Mmm I can see why some might say that, the story is a bit more clever then the main game I suppose and the new laser weapon and cyclone plasmid are great fun to play with. I guess it depends on the varying opinions people have of Bioshock 2 though doesn't, if pushed then yes I would say it's my least favourite out of the trilogy but it's still a fantastic game and one of the few games I've played right through twice. I don't think I could say that a relatively short DLC is actually 'better' than the main game but then I'm quite fanatical at the Bioshock trilogy to the point where I recently bought the Vinyl Pop figures of Elizabeth DeWitt and a Big Daddy to sit on my desk (I'm 38 and my Mrs thinks I'm weird - she asked me why a wanted a 'doll' on my desk!).

Soldato
Battlefield Bad Company 2, completed it on the 360 when it came out. Playing through it again on the PC, will probably finish it tonight. A solid 8/10, graphics still stand up to the modern games today and the guns are just simply fantastic!

I'll also get some MP in as it's simply the best BF MP game there is in my opinion. Will also try to get the first BC as I'd like to play through that campaign as well, remember loving that on the 360 too.

Associate
Finished Dishonored: Death of the Outsider last night. Thought it was very good but not as good as Dishonored 2. I did like the void energy system but it maybe made it a little easy. In D2 I liked the clean hands achievement but there isn't one in this so the temptation to go on a murder spree was great, but I resisted. Only killed those who I had to.

8/10

Soldato
Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor. The only normal 2D game that I have played since I got a VR headset. Got it for £3.99 in a Steam Sale. Great game, good fighting scenes.

7/10

Soldato
Outlast 2. Man this game is messed up on so many levels. As a horror game it's an absolute triumph! I really felt like I was in a horror movie, so much tension, fear and chills down the spine. As horror games go, it's a masterpiece for me and my new favourite ever horror game - 10/10. There's a hidden story going in there to be pieced together too so if you enjoy plots that require a bit of thought and invite theories then this has got it. Hoping and looking forward to some DLC that will expand upon the plot and answer some of the questions that aren't quite answered yet...

Soldato
Far Cry 3 - 6/10

Had it in my steam list for ages and decided to smash through it a few days back. Had a bit of trouble getting it to work and had to run it from the .exe rather than through steam as it kept crashing. Also had an issue where my mouse would just freeze in the middle of a fire fight, which was a tad annoying.

I ended up ignoring pretty much all the side quests and just doing the story, as there were no steam achievements to earn. Usually i'd try to do every little thing and end up getting burned out and then never finishing it, so not having achievements was a bit of a blessing. The story was ok, loads of action and the gun play was fun. It was nothing special though. I expected more from Vass as i had heard so much about how he was an amazing character, but he didnt seem anything special to me. Overall not bad.

Soldato
The Park. Woah this was some deep poop. A short game at just over 2 hours long but what a finale. Loads of chills. A horror game based in an amusement park that has a history of fatal accidents and kids disappearing in the witch horror house - what's not to love about that! Don't want to say any more for fear of spoiling it but suffice to say is that there is underlying story that touches on some dark elements of life. A great experience that I think is worth the full price of £10 even though it was so short. 9/10.

Soldato
Titanfall 2. This is the most fun I've ever had with a 'straight shooter' and second such type of game to surprise and delight me after recently finishing the Battlefield 1 campaign (thanks to Origin Access for both!). There is a fantastic flow to the running sections that actually made me cry out and whoop with delight at certain parts they were so cool! Wee bit emotional at the end too. Gutted it's over and that it wasn't a bit longer, I actually have the urge to play right through it again and I don't think I ever felt that immediately after finishing a game before. Sad that it didn't sell that well and that that might mean we won't get another sequel. 10/10 for what it was.

Soldato
Titanfall 2. This is the most fun I've ever had with a 'straight shooter' and second such type of game to surprise and delight me after recently finishing the Battlefield 1 campaign (thanks to Origin Access for both!). There is a fantastic flow to the running sections that actually made me cry out and whoop with delight at certain parts they were so cool! Wee bit emotional at the end too. Gutted it's over and that it wasn't a bit longer, I actually have the urge to play right through it again and I don't think I ever felt that immediately after finishing a game before. Sad that it didn't sell that well and that that might mean we won't get another sequel. 10/10 for what it was.

Loved it too. Perfect length imo, no false padding just to drag the length out.

Not sure if we will see more TF or not. It has it's dedicated fan base, so never know

Associate
Batman Arkham Knight 7/10

Just finished getting all the Riddler trophies last knight - such a shame that the PC version was so badly handled and aside from the endless tank battles the rest of it is actually really good. Still to play the DLC stuff so still a fair bit of content to explore, the amount of detail that has been put into all the environments is also amazing - well worth a look at the price you can now get for it assuming your system can handle it and you can put up with the occasional bugs especially when the Batmobile is being used.

Edit 7/10 for the game and I see this is post 710 from me - spooky.

Soldato
Downfall Redux. Twisted little point and click style horror adventure (without the point and click - only cursor key and enter used throughout). Dark and clever with some truly harrowing and chilling moments - the perfect end of the night game for me. I did slightly prefer these guys later effort The Cat Lady but another brilliant horror experience. Highly recommended if you're into some messed up ess h one tee. 8/10

Associate
Downfall Redux. Twisted little point and click style horror adventure (without the point and click - only cursor key and enter used throughout). Dark and clever with some truly harrowing and chilling moments - the perfect end of the night game for me. I did slightly prefer these guys later effort The Cat Lady but another brilliant horror experience. Highly recommended if you're into some messed up ess h one tee. 8/10

Thanks for the heads-up on this one. I have played Cat Lady and enjoyed the dark tone of it, I didn't know that they had made another game similarly dark.

Currently £9.99 so on the wishlist rather than purchased.

You really tear through a game or two don't you? :)

Soldato

Is the Titanfall 2 Campaign worth playing if I haven’t played the first one? Like will I be a bit clueless in some parts of the story?

Soldato
Is the Titanfall 2 Campaign worth playing if I haven’t played the first one? Like will I be a bit clueless in some parts of the story?
I don't think the first one even had a story campaign so no I wouldn't worry about that. Defo get your subscription to Origin Access back on the go as the campaign is only 6 hours long and amazing fun as it is, it's a bit short to be paying any significant amount for unless you're into the online multiplayer part of it also.

Back
Top Bottom