The Last of Us (HBO, from Creator of Chernobyl) - No game spoilers please

Nope

Boston -> Kansas City (Missouri) -> Wyoming -> Eastern Colorado
Starts off in Austin which is in Texas
After the 20 year time jump its Boston, which surprise surprise is in Massachusetts
Bill and Frank live in Lincoln, which again is in Massachusetts

It's only now it's jumped out of Texas/Massachusetts, the demographic of the show would be in the 2 states I said, so.. where's the Latino representation?! :p
I dunno, why don’t you ask José Pedro Balmaceda Pascal? Lol
but according to one poster above its a show with a straight white male lead.. silly ****** thinks he's white :rolleyes: :cry:

Last edited:
I've only skimmed over the last couple of pages so forgive me if I've got the wrong impression but can I suggest that if anybody is upset that the cast in this or any other series or movie is either too diverse or not enough diverse then they simply don't watch it rather than derail the thread.

No of course his videos aren't all about woke.... he's only been going for 2 months and woke is all over the titles of his videos. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to put 2+2 together does it.

You culture wars lot really need to lighten up a bit. Its not healthy being this angry all the time.
And? Seems inevitable considering what he does. I'm sure he, like many others would love modern shows to actually be good and not political, but they're typically not, because of woke culture which ruins almost everything. It's basically a new religion.

Again, most people in the UK see wokeness as a negative thing... This isn't something people generally approved of. Only people that support this are mostly in the alphabet community and on the left.

And? Seems inevitable considering what he does. I'm sure he, like many others would love modern shows to actually be good and not political, but they're typically not, because of woke culture which ruins almost everything. It's basically a new religion.

Again, most people in the UK see wokeness as a negative thing... This isn't something people generally approved of. Only people that support this are mostly in the alphabet community and on the left.

I refer you to this post. If you can't enjoy a program without seeing identity politics everywhere don't watch them. The vast majority it seems can watch and enjoy them and its only a tiny minority that have to see and talk about this crap in every new show.

I've only skimmed over the last couple of pages so forgive me if I've got the wrong impression but can I suggest that if anybody is upset that the cast in this or any other series or movie is either too diverse or not enough diverse then they simply don't watch it rather than derail the thread.

I think we should also ban linking to Youtube reviews in every TV thread to be honest. This subforum is for posters to articulate their own opinions on a show, not to promote other people's agendas. If you can't articulate your opinion/review of a show on your own, tough.
I think that's an excellent idea. As much as I laugh at the odd RobotHead video, hate watchers are at least as much of a problem as the woke crowd.

Last edited:

I think that's an excellent idea. As much as I laugh at the odd RobotHead video, hate watchers are at least as much of a problem as the woke crowd.
I don't think I've ever seen anybody on this forum say a show isn't diverse enough or woke enough though?

Edit - actually that's a lie, the same type of people were moaning not enough white people were in Black Panther :cry:

Last edited:
State of that Youtube channel lol. Genuine secondhand embarrassment for anyone who watches that generic culture war dross and thinks 'this is good content'.

Anyway back on topic...

New episode was excellent, only slight complaint about the show has been that Joel and Ellie's relationship seems a little rushed at times, probably because they have to cram it all into 8 episodes... or maybe it was like this in the game ?

Last edited:
Colonel_Klinck said:
I refer you to this post. If you can't enjoy a program without seeing identity politics everywhere don't watch them. The vast majority it seems can watch and enjoy them and its only a tiny minority that have to see and talk about this crap in every new show.

Seems you have an issue with diversity of opinion.

Diversity wasn't even my main complaint about the show, it was always the relationship and dynamic between Joel and Ellie, how they focused on other characters at their expense, and how they also changed Joel's character to weak, apologetic and generally incompetent,

The other stuff isn't even that important, just annoying.

But you're right.. I don't want to upset the mods too much., I'll just ignore you. :)

Last edited:
Hi. Can someone help me out. I haven't watched this show, and neither have i played the Last Of Us. Im going to pick it up when it comes out for the PC...if i watch the show will it spoil the game? Would you suggect game first then TV show??

Hi. Can someone help me out. I haven't watched this show, and neither have i played the Last Of Us. Im going to pick it up when it comes out for the PC...if i watch the show will it spoil the game? Would you suggect game first then TV show??
Depends what you prefer, gaming or TV. Obviously playing or watching one will 'spoil' the other :) there's a few subtle differences between the 2 but personally, as I've mentioned numerous times, the games story is better than the TV show.

Last edited:
Depends what you prefer, gaming or TV. Obviously playing or watching one will 'spoil' the other :) there's a few subtle differences between the 2 but personally, as I've mentioned numerous times, the games story is better than the TV show.

Thanks mate. i might wait for the game and watch the tv show after then.

Back
Top Bottom