The Last of Us Part II

Soldato
Im on default moderate, seems they don’t notice it so far.
I don’t think they can see it. They will sense you if you’re directly in front of them even if you’re not moving. I use bricks and bottles a lot to manage crowd control. You don’t have to kill anything a lot of the time but I like to try and clear an area using stealth. I love the bow in these games very satisfying for silent takedowns.

Soldato
I don’t think they can see it. They will sense you if you’re directly in front of them even if you’re not moving. I use bricks and bottles a lot to manage crowd control. You don’t have to kill anything a lot of the time but I like to try and clear an area using stealth. I love the bow in these games very satisfying for silent takedowns.

Its looks stunning as well, to think what they can do when and if another comes along to take advantage of the PS5 power.

Last edited:

V F

V F

Soldato

This mechanic was weird as it was nothing like the first game. On Grounded in the first game, I could almost brush up against them and sneak past, even when I was facing them. Flashlight or no flashlight. The second game, it varies which ones can see you.

What I always had to do was flash the light on them to see how they'd react. In between using the environment to hide behind just in case. Some didn't. Some you'd get a tiny response. I remember this happening in the area with the snow inside one of the buildings you had to use the rope to climb up through the roof. Hardware store? Another area that had those type of clickers was the courthouse. You'd see the change of behaviour when they could sense you and this was in the sunlight beaming through.

The only other thing I can assume is they can detect heat. Not all of them but sometimes they'd know you were in the dark or the flashlight on them. You'd see them almost ready to go psycho on that pause.

Another area I'd remember this same experience was in a very tight area with a few runners, some clickers and two big shamblers. It was dark as hell as you had to try and open a loud door. I had to take out the clickers first as they were a real threat.

Soldato
Not to far in I don't think, i'm enjoying it but I have an issue with the pacing, since getting to the
city to find the WLF I'm finding the pacing has really dropped off, I seem to just be clearing buildings, nothing wrong with that, but it seems to be continuous, just got past the School, and still no mini events have occurred (well one) like you got in the part 1, there was one cool bit where the WLF ambushed us on horseback and captured Ellie, buts that's it so far, other than that, its all a bit samey so far
. Does it improve?

Last edited:
Soldato
It’s an open area which they implemented into the uncharted games as well. I found it ok but I know what you mean. It’ll become more linear again once you’ve gone past a certain area where you are.

Ok that’s good to know, I like these being more linear, and that open area was quite boring, I think I’m starting to leave it now though as don’t have access to the map anymore but still in similar surroundings.

Soldato
Ok that’s good to know, I like these being more linear, and that open area was quite boring, I think I’m starting to leave it now though as don’t have access to the map anymore but still in similar surroundings.
I think once you get the fuel and open the **** Fedra gate things go back to normal. You are still in the Downtown area but it’s not open as it was before. Hard to remember exactly!

Last edited:

V F

V F

Soldato
Not to far in I don't think, i'm enjoying it but I have an issue with the pacing, since getting to the
city to find the WLF I'm finding the pacing has really dropped off, I seem to just be clearing buildings, nothing wrong with that, but it seems to be continuous, just got past the School, and still no mini events have occurred (well one) like you got in the part 1, there was one cool bit where the WLF ambushed us on horseback and captured Ellie, buts that's it so far, other than that, its all a bit samey so far
. Does it improve?

This was the massive hilly open grass part wasn't it? I remember somewhere there, there was a car park fight flooded in water, runners and clickers came for me which moving in the water was hard as it was shin/knee height. Something about getting petrol for a generator. When I heard that part of Ellie saying she needed petrol for the generator made me so uneasy. Especially when I saw water in the car park.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom