The Last of Us Part II

Had a pretty big session on this last night (big by my usual standards). Started out on the hospital level, was on edge for the full encounter - intense! Finished up in some sort of farm house or something and the story seems to have moved on and somewhat mellowed out although I get the feeling there is a little unfinished business. Feel like I am near to the end. I was absolutely drained by the time I went to bed. Phew.
What a game though. I'm going to miss it when I'm finally done. Is there anything that rivals this experience in anyone's opinion? I've completed Days Gone.

Last edited:
Hospital is intense!

Truth!

Was just a blur!

Had a pretty big session on this last night (big by my usual standards). Started out on the hospital level, was on edge for the full encounter - intense! Finished up in some sort of farm house or something and the story seems to have moved on and somewhat mellowed out although I get the feeling there is a little unfinished business. Feel like I am near to the end. I was absolutely drained by the time I went to bed. Phew.
What a game though. I'm going to miss it when I'm finally done. Is there anything that rivals this experience in anyone's opinion? I've completed Days Gone.

Hmm can’t quite remember but I reckon you still have a fair way to go. The hospital is about 50% through the game maybe, but don’t quote me!

In this genre I could only recommend Days Gone higher than the two parts of TLOU, but it’s close.

I feel I've been 50% through for the last 12 hours! :D I have to be near the end, I've been back to the Aquarium multiple times and have done the theatre confrontation.

I enjoyed Days Gone very much, thought it was brilliant. Not a patch on these two though imo.

That's how I felt about the first one - but never the second, it just never had the quality imo. It's decent to go blasting things up though :cool:
Meh I think it's just become the trend to hate on it, it's perfection story wise/writing/execution. There is zero reason to hate it in reality, unless you're CLEARLY going down the sheep path and Oh NoE oNe Of ThE GiRlS wAnTs To Be A SoLdIiEr BuT iSnT AlLoWeD iM sCaReD oF lEsBiAnS

Last edited:
Meh I think it's just become the trend to hate on it, it's perfection story wise/writing/execution. There is zero reason to hate it in reality, unless you're CLEARLY going down the sheep path and Oh NoE oNe Of ThE GiRlS wAnTs To Be A SoLdIiEr BuT iSnT AlLoWeD iM sCaReD oF lEsBiAnS
Hilarious - think you're a few years too late for that buddy, and everyone has moved on, but hey; if you want to dredge up old tropes to defend this game that you clearly adore and demand/expect everyone else too 100% - then there are plenty of YouTube trolls you can look up to come back with some remarks about how I and anyone else who doesn't think it's as good as TLOU, hate women etc etc etc :cry:

Last edited:
Hilarious - think you're a few years too late for that buddy, and everyone has moved on, but hey; if you want to dredge up old tropes to defend this game that you clearly adore and demand/expect everyone else too 100% - then there are plenty of YouTube trolls you can look up to come back with some remarks about how I and anyone else who doesn't think it's as good as TLOU, hate women etc etc etc :cry:
But that's the only reasons given at the time and whenever it's spoken about? So as a fan of 1 what is there possibly not to like about 2? Without quoting the past bs reasons...?

As that's all anyone online seems to say, or people who didn't even play it because X youtuber said this and that etc, just seems mental to me. I've never heard anyone give real reasons why they didn't like it? Other than being a sheep to the trend to hate on it?

I genuinely cannot see how someone cannot love this game considering how savage it is, especially being able to see both sides of the story, and when you replay it you start siding with Abbie, which makes you consider were you biased because of Joel towards Ellie the first time round, etc etc... I just think it was very well scripted/executed, and the fact it doesn't end with a happy ending/Ellie did what someone would do in that situation and see it through to the death because she had everything taken from her? But then Abbie makes very good points as well? See my point?
I dunno man, I just thought the casting was fantastic, as was the variety of different factions etc/locations, just couldn't fault it. The idea of it being on the pc with the new engine would be the perfect way to compliment the first one being remade?

Last edited:
But that's the only reasons given at the time and whenever it's spoken about? So as a fan of 1 what is there possibly not to like about 2? Without quoting the past bs reasons...?

As that's all anyone online seems to say, or people who didn't even play it because X youtuber said this and that etc, just seems mental to me. I've never heard anyone give real reasons why they didn't like it? Other than being a sheep to the trend to hate on it?

I genuinely cannot see how someone cannot love this game considering how savage it is, especially being able to see both sides of the story, and when you replay it you start siding with Abbie, which makes you consider were you biased because of Joel towards Ellie the first time round, etc etc... I just think it was very well scripted/executed, and the fact it doesn't end with a happy ending/Ellie did what someone would do in that situation and see it through to the death because she had everything taken from her? But then Abbie makes very good points as well? See my point?
I dunno man, I just thought the casting was fantastic, as was the variety of different factions etc/locations, just couldn't fault it. The idea of it being on the pc with the new engine would be the perfect way to compliment the first one being remade?
So you think the reason I don't LOVE this game, like you clearly do, is because I don't think Women can be soldiers, and Lesbians scare me? Why do you need to me now provide you with a list of additional reasons :confused: I've posted in this thread a few times now, probably years ago too, when it was all fresh and new - you can probably get your answers there if you can be bothered to take a look.

You're also massively behind the curve on this game, it all happened years ago, but you're now rocking up to the party trying to rekindle the discussions for and against things.... I don't know about you, but my time is pretty scarce IRL, and I can't really spend a bunch of it trying to educate a protential interent troll on why people like different things in life.

Look - if it helps you comprehend a bit better, I do like the game, I have played it through numerous times - but [to me at least] it wasn't a patch on the first in terms of how it makes you feel. The second outing just felt more like a shoot fest, which I get, even the Devs said something along the lines that this one was more about revenge - and I expect an outcome from that is lots of bodies.

If the above doesn't help, then assuming you have the physcial media, you could at least go give it a little cuddle and a kiss ;):D

So you think the reason I don't LOVE this game, like you clearly do, is because I don't think Women can be soldiers, and Lesbians scare me? Why do you need to me now provide you with a list of additional reasons :confused: I've posted in this thread a few times now, probably years ago too, when it was all fresh and new - you can probably get your answers there if you can be bothered to take a look.

You're also massively behind the curve on this game, it all happened years ago, but you're now rocking up to the party trying to rekindle the discussions for and against things.... I don't know about you, but my time is pretty scarce IRL, and I can't really spend a bunch of it trying to educate a protential interent troll on why people like different things in life.

Look - if it helps you comprehend a bit better, I do like the game, I have played it through numerous times - but [to me at least] it wasn't a patch on the first in terms of how it makes you feel. The second outing just felt more like a shoot fest, which I get, even the Devs said something along the lines that this one was more about revenge - and I expect an outcome from that is lots of bodies.

If the above doesn't help, then assuming you have the physcial media, you could at least go give it a little cuddle and a kiss ;):D
No I'm literally asking you for your opinion vs the usual bs I've heard elsewhere from trolls over the years, as that nonsense just seems to be aimlessly recycled year after year and it was pathetic back then and is even more transparent now.

So sorry if that wasn't clear...

I just genuinely wanted to here someone actually make a rational explanation vs quoting the trollbook from the last X years regarding the game.

I would still accept that cuddle and kiss doe m9 xoxoxo

Last edited:
No I'm literally asking you for your opinion vs the usual bs I've heard.

So sorry if that wasn't clear...

I just genuinely wanted to here someone actually make a rational explanation vs quoting the trollbook from the last X years regarding the game.

I would still accept that cuddle and kiss doe m9 xoxoxo
Pretty sure this forum has a search function though, so why regurgitate it when you can use that?

Also - what you consider "bs", could very well just be a completely valid and rational opinion, which you simply do not agree with. But in your quest to validate your own feelings (now hurt by me I presume - sorry about that) mean that you won't consider anything to the contrary.

Look - I'm more than happy if you want to take this over to a direct message; to save others the hassle of watching us back and forth over old graves (and to save the Mods having to delete/ban/lock anything), and I'll reply as/when I can

Pretty sure this forum has a search function though, so why regurgitate it when you can use that?

Also - what you consider "bs", could very well just be a completely valid and rational opinion, which you simply do not agree with. But in your quest to validate your own feelings (now hurt by me I presume - sorry about that) mean that you won't consider anything to the contrary.

Look - I'm more than happy if you want to take this over to a direct message; to save others the hassle of watching us back and forth over old graves (and to save the Mods having to delete/ban/lock anything), and I'll reply as/when I can
Cause I was asking you directly on this thread?

I only consider it bs because those points mean they shouldn't enjoy the first game if they're that homo/gender-phobic? Which is a pretty valid factor both games have, and the first never got slated/called woke, then it became fashionable to troll everything possible/hate on everything and surprise surprise.

Just blows my mind when people who claim to now love the first are all anti the 2nd (and most haven't played it but claim they know enough haha!)

You cant deny it's very strange for someone to be THAT against a game because of the aforementioned reasons yet like the same characters in the first game, I mean it's not like it was a secret any of the sexuality/female cast/heros etc etc... Is it... Just seems very childish to me, and grabbing at straws.

TLDR I don't think we'll ever get as raw/savage/aggressive of a plot/characters as we saw in TLOU2, I think everyone is too entitled/self opinionated/thinks they own the franchise with everything now and gets offended by everything. So again it's why it's definitely a staple as with the first (when you think how ground breaking that story was back in the ps3 original release days)

Last edited:
Cause I was asking you directly on this thread?

I only consider it bs because those points mean they shouldn't enjoy the first game if they're that homo/gender-phobic? Which is a pretty valid factor both games have, and the first never got slated/called woke, then it became fashionable to troll everything possible/hate on everything and surprise surprise.

Just blows my mind when people who claim to now love the first are all anti the 2nd (and most haven't played it but claim they know enough haha!)

You cant deny it's very strange for someone to be THAT against a game because of the aforementioned reasons yet like the same characters in the first game, I mean it's not like it was a secret any of the sexuality/female cast/heros etc etc... Is it... Just seems very childish to me, and grabbing at straws.

TLDR I don't think we'll ever get as raw/savage/aggressive of a plot/characters as we saw in TLOU2, I think everyone is too entitled/self opinionated/thinks they own the franchise with everything now and gets offended by everything. So again it's why it's definitely a staple as with the first (when you think how ground breaking that story was back in the ps3 original release days)
Christ - you're like a garden weed, that simply will not go away.

Ok - ask an adult to help you locate and use the Search function, it's not too hard - give it some fuzzy logic-esq data, and you will probably find everyhing I have ever said about TLOU 2; better yet - as this is a party you are late for by 3 years (I reckon), you might even see how my position has shifted in newer posts! So it's a win win for you :D

I also do not care how you align IRL, you do you - gay, straight, bi, lesbian, trans.... whatever you are, it doesn't bother nor phase me. Love and be loved is what life is about. But don't you dare make assumptions that I am against anyone or anything that falls outside what most would call 'normal' or 'straight' - as you are realy clutching at straws then, and this discussion we are having is wasted on you, as you are just being a troll. Just because I'm not offering you answers on a plate, doesn't mean that my views on these GAMES (keep that in mind, they are for entertainment, and not the basis of your life) align with some of the digusting things internet people have said about the characters and actors.

One thing you might want to do before you continue, is to educate yourself on the world we all live in. TLOU came out in 2013 (iirc), which was a very different place to the 2020 when TLOU 2 came out - so that will clearly be a factor when people are recounting and reviewing these games, whether you think that is BS or not, doesn't matter - it's fact. And you cannot change facts (much as you probably want to).

Whilst 'busy' during a Teams call, I took the liberty of at least helping you a little with where I'm at:

Graphics & Sound - no need to mention these, as they were (imo) the pinnacle for PS4, and still look great on PS5.

Level design – again, could be banded in above, as ND did such an incredible job creating a completely believable environment; once again nailing the feeling of it being a post-apocalyptic event, though this time it expended on the survival and getting on with life again.

Gameplay – sure it’s a little dated in some respects, as it was a follow-on from a PS3 era game, but ND did a great job of making it feel fresher than it was; and there was quite a bit of customisation one could do to truly tailor the experience.

Ellie – a very hard character to like this time around, as (other than the flashbacks) she just felt angry, jaded even, uncaring for anyone other than Dina. She just came across as brash and simply lacked the spark she had in the first. Sure, that could be down to the passage of time as she is presumably in her mid-twenties this time, and suspects Joel lied (I don’t think she knew/finds out the truth about the potential cure). In the first she had so much banter with Joel, so many smart-assed quips and funny remarks – she ended up feeling like the best sidekick in gaming history.

Abby – a very difficult character to introduce, but the way in which ND did it, was actually pretty good. This is probably a position I have changed my mind on, as I did quite enjoy all the memes ‘back then’ of people saying things along the lines of “so which random NPC I killed, will be the catalyst for TLOU 3…” which when you thought about it back then, was a borderline rational remark – as the surgeon you drop in TLOU was just a random with a few short lines. But Abby ends up being the new Joel in a way, and that girl she picks up along the way, is the new Ellie. So gameplay loop-wise, it’s a bit like a [partial] gender swap of the first.

Personally, one of the reasons why I only like TLOU 2 and not love it like you do – is down to how ND did, what is (these days) referred to as a bait and switch: they knew they would have a loyal base coming over from the first game, so were careful (and at times a bit dishonest) with how they outlined the story and marketed the game to fans. I’m not prepared to Google the internet for you on these sorts of things, but the two I recall are remarks along “treating the characters with respect”, and the whole clip where Joel was eventually swapped with Jesse.

Ooooh, I'm ever so sorry - I didn't mention sexuality in my opinion - oh noes!!!!! You know why? Because it doesn't bloody matter! Ellie was lesbian in the first, big woop - the Left Behind add-on fleshed that out (no pun intended) and you know what, it makes no blind bit of difference to the character, the story or how I (or anyone else in reality) feel about it. Hell even Bill was openly Gay, no idea how players missed that one mind you - I can only guess it was speed runners or something!

This might also grate your opinion too - but I LOVED the HBO show, and found it hilarious when people were so say up in arms about the "unnecessary woke nonsense" (or whatever tosh term they put on it), because it's all in the games ffs! These characters weren't made for 'woke' reasons, this is how they are in the games!!

Anyway, I'm being summoned for child duties now - so much as I would like to educate a troll I simply don't have time. Drop me a PM or whatever OcUK calls it now if you want to 'bust my chops' some more - but for the love of goodness, let's not derail this thread and get the rest of our OcUK family angry with us - hell, you can even post my secret replies back on here if you like, so as to validate yourself, and show just how much of a closeted bigot I am (mmmmmmm bigot sandwiches) :D

Christ - you're like a garden weed, that simply will not go away.

Ok - ask an adult to help you locate and use the Search function, it's not too hard - give it some fuzzy logic-esq data, and you will probably find everyhing I have ever said about TLOU 2; better yet - as this is a party you are late for by 3 years (I reckon), you might even see how my position has shifted in newer posts! So it's a win win for you :D

I also do not care how you align IRL, you do you - gay, straight, bi, lesbian, trans.... whatever you are, it doesn't bother nor phase me. Love and be loved is what life is about. But don't you dare make assumptions that I am against anyone or anything that falls outside what most would call 'normal' or 'straight' - as you are realy clutching at straws then, and this discussion we are having is wasted on you, as you are just being a troll. Just because I'm not offering you answers on a plate, doesn't mean that my views on these GAMES (keep that in mind, they are for entertainment, and not the basis of your life) align with some of the digusting things internet people have said about the characters and actors.

One thing you might want to do before you continue, is to educate yourself on the world we all live in. TLOU came out in 2013 (iirc), which was a very different place to the 2020 when TLOU 2 came out - so that will clearly be a factor when people are recounting and reviewing these games, whether you think that is BS or not, doesn't matter - it's fact. And you cannot change facts (much as you probably want to).

Whilst 'busy' during a Teams call, I took the liberty of at least helping you a little with where I'm at:

Graphics & Sound - no need to mention these, as they were (imo) the pinnacle for PS4, and still look great on PS5.

Level design – again, could be banded in above, as ND did such an incredible job creating a completely believable environment; once again nailing the feeling of it being a post-apocalyptic event, though this time it expended on the survival and getting on with life again.

Gameplay – sure it’s a little dated in some respects, as it was a follow-on from a PS3 era game, but ND did a great job of making it feel fresher than it was; and there was quite a bit of customisation one could do to truly tailor the experience.

Ellie – a very hard character to like this time around, as (other than the flashbacks) she just felt angry, jaded even, uncaring for anyone other than Dina. She just came across as brash and simply lacked the spark she had in the first. Sure, that could be down to the passage of time as she is presumably in her mid-twenties this time, and suspects Joel lied (I don’t think she knew/finds out the truth about the potential cure). In the first she had so much banter with Joel, so many smart-assed quips and funny remarks – she ended up feeling like the best sidekick in gaming history.

Abby – a very difficult character to introduce, but the way in which ND did it, was actually pretty good. This is probably a position I have changed my mind on, as I did quite enjoy all the memes ‘back then’ of people saying things along the lines of “so which random NPC I killed, will be the catalyst for TLOU 3…” which when you thought about it back then, was a borderline rational remark – as the surgeon you drop in TLOU was just a random with a few short lines. But Abby ends up being the new Joel in a way, and that girl she picks up along the way, is the new Ellie. So gameplay loop-wise, it’s a bit like a [partial] gender swap of the first.

Personally, one of the reasons why I only like TLOU 2 and not love it like you do – is down to how ND did, what is (these days) referred to as a bait and switch: they knew they would have a loyal base coming over from the first game, so were careful (and at times a bit dishonest) with how they outlined the story and marketed the game to fans. I’m not prepared to Google the internet for you on these sorts of things, but the two I recall are remarks along “treating the characters with respect”, and the whole clip where Joel was eventually swapped with Jesse.

Ooooh, I'm ever so sorry - I didn't mention sexuality in my opinion - oh noes!!!!! You know why? Because it doesn't bloody matter! Ellie was lesbian in the first, big woop - the Left Behind add-on fleshed that out (no pun intended) and you know what, it makes no blind bit of difference to the character, the story or how I (or anyone else in reality) feel about it. Hell even Bill was openly Gay, no idea how players missed that one mind you - I can only guess it was speed runners or something!

This might also grate your opinion too - but I LOVED the HBO show, and found it hilarious when people were so say up in arms about the "unnecessary woke nonsense" (or whatever tosh term they put on it), because it's all in the games ffs! These characters weren't made for 'woke' reasons, this is how they are in the games!!

Anyway, I'm being summoned for child duties now - so much as I would like to educate a troll I simply don't have time. Drop me a PM or whatever OcUK calls it now if you want to 'bust my chops' some more - but for the love of goodness, let's not derail this thread and get the rest of our OcUK family angry with us - hell, you can even post my secret replies back on here if you like, so as to validate yourself, and show just how much of a closeted bigot I am (mmmmmmm bigot sandwiches) :D
I never made any assumptions, you clearly cant read... I said I find it weird in general that all the people who moaned about 2 liked the first yet both games have Ellie in who's gay and a hero which they disliked...

I love how you contradict your whole don't assume X about people yet make all these thin assumptions about me, when I even made it abundantly clear in my last post I was asking you genuinely what you disliked vs the usual shills/trolls who jump on the bandwagon.

Why would I waste my time searching for all your previous posts like some sad stalker, you're not the oracle, I'd chill your passive aggressive god complex down m9. Listen to the rant you've just gone on, based on nothing I've said about you. ALL I said was other people in the past have slated it who're clearly not comfortable with other people having their own freedoms... Which IS true and a valid point, they shouldn't protect their insecurities or screwed up opinions on others nor force them to comply...

Well done for the rant though, and I'm the one who needs to be an adult? Nice rant, kid.

Unsubbed, you're an NPC to me now xoxo

Back
Top Bottom