The Last of Us Part II

Does the £10 upgrade offer only apply to people with a physical copy of TLOU2 on PS4 or can digital owners upgrade too? It reads to me like disc owners only unless I'm not reading it properly!

I have the digital PS4 version of TLOU2 installed on my PS5 but I can't see an upgrade pre-order option, just a purchase for £44.99

Does the £10 upgrade offer only apply to people with a physical copy of TLOU2 on PS4 or can digital owners upgrade too? It reads to me like disc owners only unless I'm not reading it properly!

I have the digital PS4 version of TLOU2 installed on my PS5 but I can't see an upgrade pre-order option, just a purchase for £44.99

Should apply to both, it just mentions the disc to explain how to upgrade, and that ps5 digital only console owners who own the ps4 disc will not be able to upgrade as the ps4 disc is needed to authenticate the upgrade process.

Last edited:
@nantucket66, Also I just signed into playstation website and despite owning the ps4 digital version of TLOU part 2 it says I need to buy it on the store page, so the store is not reading peoples previous purchases, not at console to check store on that.

@nantucket66, Also I just signed into playstation website and despite owning the ps4 digital version of TLOU part 2 it says I need to buy it on the store page, so the store is not reading peoples previous purchases, not at console to check store on that.

I just logged into PSN website and it sees my purchase of TLOU2, but the only option available is to pre-order for full price, will sit tight until release.

I was finally going to start playing this over the Christmas break but I think i'll wait for the upgraded release :)
On a related note, is the remaster of the original worth a visit? I finished the PS4 "remaster" a couple of months ago but i'm a bit torn if it's worth revisiting it on the PS5, it seems very pricey for what seems like just a graphical upgrade

I was finally going to start playing this over the Christmas break but I think i'll wait for the upgraded release :)
On a related note, is the remaster of the original worth a visit? I finished the PS4 "remaster" a couple of months ago but i'm a bit torn if it's worth revisiting it on the PS5, it seems very pricey for what seems like just a graphical upgrade
There’s some QoL features. But yeah.. it’s basically a graphics overhaul. I re bought it and enjoyed it though. It’s my favorite series!

Last edited:
If I was in your shoes, I wouldn't ... that's too soon. It's just a graphical upgrade of what was already a good looking game.

Back
Top Bottom