The Last of Us Part II

Caporegime
Friend lent me his copy to play so does that mean my comments on the game are now valid............ :p

As expected, the game world design is absolutely stunning and game play is much improved over the first.

Story and writing as expected too, lol worthy........ it's so bad.

Nothing its ridiculous the backlash ohhh a muscular woman how dare they what an hairy armpit and homosexuality i want page 3 models in my video games.
People are still thinking this is what people are getting annoyed at..... Oh lordy :D

EDIT:

30 fps is absolute gash, granted you do adapt to it but it's so hard on the eyes I find, these next gen consoles better target at least 60 fps in everything

Soldato
Friend lent me his copy to play so does that mean my comments on the game are now valid............ :p

As expected, the game world design is absolutely stunning and game play is much improved over the first.

People are still thinking this is what people are getting annoyed at..... Oh lordy :D

EDIT:

30 fps is absolute gash, granted you do adapt to it but it's so hard on the eyes I find, these next gen consoles better target at least 60 fps in everything

You had already made up your mind on the story way before release and before playing it, i'll have to read the spoiler thread to see how you formed your opinions. At least you are enjoying the game side of things it seems, if your playing on a PS4pro some people have felt it played better by forcing it to 1080P, even though DF said otherwise.

Caporegime
You had already made up your mind on the story way before release and before playing it, i'll have to read the spoiler thread to see how you formed your opinions. At least you are enjoying the game side of things it seems, if your playing on a PS4pro some people have felt it played better by forcing it to 1080P, even though DF said otherwise.

Lets be honest, it doesn't take a genius to figure out why people are giving the story/writing a beating, you don't need to play the game to form an "opinion" on that. It's like the walking dead all over again, plot holes galore, things that make no sense and have just been done to drive forward a very forced story point.

Story for this game being a "masterpiece", not by a long shot imo, RDR 2 story, characters, writing is what a masterpiece looks like.

Will check out DF guide, although reluctant to drop to 1080P as the graphics and immersion to the game world is the best thing about this game.

Soldato
Oh my wow. Ill spoiler just in case

I put a big bloody hammer through a dog and the owner screamed "bear" which was the name of my dog I put down last year....now im Abby playing bloody fetch with Bear. Thats mad...obviously I mean the highlighted "bear" shout and not the link to my own now dead dog.

Associate

EDIT:

Most you will get is 4k 30fps in most games a few at 4k 60 both consoles are less powerful than a 2080 ti and that can't do 4k 60 on some games.

V F

V F

Soldato

EDIT:

I can only assume it's because I've been gaming on the PC for the past 6 months mainly but coming back to console and playing this... The motion blur was killing me and I've got it set to 0. When on the 240Hz display my eyes don't get tired. A few hours of this game and my eyes are starting to burn/water.

Spider-Man however, never had issues.

Soldato
Lets be honest, it doesn't take a genius to figure out why people are giving the story/writing a beating, you don't need to play the game to form an "opinion" on that. It's like the walking dead all over again, plot holes galore, things that make no sense and have just been done to drive forward a very forced story point.

Story for this game being a "masterpiece", not by a long shot imo, RDR 2 story, characters, writing is what a masterpiece looks like.

Will check out DF guide, although reluctant to drop to 1080P as the graphics and immersion to the game world is the best thing about this game.
RDR2 had plotholes aswell...it was also ridiculously boring.

Soldato
Yeah while I personally loved RDR2 myself... some of my friends didn't even finish it because they found it boring.

Regarding this game.. Just finished it tonight and while it had some flaws I loved it and it had me glued to my ps4 for the last week. Not many games make me want to keep playing like this. I was a little worried regarding the leaks before it got released and reading some of the outrage about the game.. but thankfully I wasn't spoiled and everything was fresh and I personally enjoyed it all and the hate campaign its getting from some is just laughable.

Caporegime
I can only assume it's because I've been gaming on the PC for the past 6 months mainly but coming back to console and playing this... The motion blur was killing me and I've got it set to 0. When on the 240Hz display my eyes don't get tired. A few hours of this game and my eyes are starting to burn/water.

Spider-Man however, never had issues.

Yup it's terrible for the eyes, after a hour or 2 on console games, my eyes are literally blood shot from the strain.

Here's hoping HZD will prove how popular their games could be on PC and bring everything else to PC from now on.

EDIT:

Pretty cool this! Just look at how much better that is

EDIT:

Also, got to say, I don't have any issues with the ps 4 pro and noise on with this game, it is super quiet, quieter than my PC, although I have the rdr 2 model, which iirc, is suppose to be better than most other models?

Last edited:
Soldato
I've played to the half way point.. and wow this game is boring.

It's like a poor longer version of the first game.

I feel like they have put the story as the main priority and the gameplay is there to set the scene.

It feels a bit like Mafia 3 were they had repeated fight scenes just to stretch out the game when its not advancing the story at all.

Tbh I'm thinking of putting the game on the backburner. I have admiration for the people who stuck the game out, you must have a lot of patience.

Soldato

I feel like they have put the story as the main priority and the gameplay is there to set the scene.

It feels a bit like Mafia 3 were they had repeated fight scenes just to stretch out the game when its not advancing the story at all.

Tbh I'm thinking of putting the game on the backburner. I have admiration for the people who stuck the game out, you must have a lot of patience.

No, I was completely engrossed in the story and battles with the infected where tense and stressful! Nothing boring about it. I had to think very tactically to get passed certain segments so defo not designed to stretch it out in my opinion. Did you play on the easiest setting or something?

If you liked the first then I cant see how you couldn't enjoy this.

Soldato
Also, got to say, I don't have any issues with the ps 4 pro and noise on with this game, it is super quiet, quieter than my PC, although I have the rdr 2 model, which iirc, is suppose to be better than most other models?

Mine isn't too bad, but it's very warm. It's certainly louder than my PC but produces similar heat. It is better than when playing CoD, as that's really loud.

Soldato

I haveny felt like that at all. My only complaint is there isnt...yet (i think im 75% through) a lot of use of the "using the infected against the enemies" with bottles and whatnot.

The story is ok...if people are thinking some sort of message is being forced then i think it says more about them tbh.

For anyone thats completed...how long do i have left?

ive just been strung up as Abby with a noose around my neck and saved by a little kid. Im about 15 or so minutes after that

Soldato
No, I was completely engrossed in the story and battles with the infected where tense and stressful! Nothing boring about it. I had to think very tactically to get passed certain segments so defo not designed to stretch it out in my opinion. Did you play on the easiest setting or something?

If you liked the first then I cant see how you couldn't enjoy this.

Im on the easiest session as i suffer from anxiety issues so sod that. Id have a breakdown lol. Plus i like going rambo sometimes.

Soldato
Im on the easiest session as i suffer from anxiety issues so sod that. Id have a breakdown lol. Plus i like going rambo sometimes.

What i will say have a look at some of the accessibility options, if you are having difficulty with combat you can adjust auto aim, and listening distance. One of the coolest settings to play around with is "Max Payne" mode where you can enable slow-mo mode, it can be switched on with a swipe of the touch pad at any time or when you enter combat, fun shooting bits off that way lol

Soldato
What i will say have a look at some of the accessibility options, if you are having difficulty with combat you can adjust auto aim, and listening distance. One of the coolest settings to play around with is "Max Payne" mode where you can enable slow-mo mode, it can be switched on with a swipe of the touch pad at any time or when you enter combat, fun shooting bits off that way lol

Ive been pottering about but didnt know about that so thanks.I want it on rails really if that makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom