The Last Of Us

Worth it for me. It plays better and looks a whole lot nicer :D

I want to play the game again because the previous time i was playing it alongside the walking dead season one and i didnt enjoy it as much as i would if i was playing only the last of us , plus i haven't gotten the expansion so i have a good excuse. But i will pick this up when the price goes down

Yeah I finished it on the PS3 as well. I really enjoyed playing it through again. If you've already played through it though I wouldn't recommend playing it again on anything below Survivor. It's almost like a different game on survivor - obviously the broad game is identical but the way you tackle situations is mainly completely different due to a lack of supplies.

I think Survivor is probably like Hard on most other games. It ain't that difficult really. It's a challenge but not frustratingly difficult IMO.

How different is the supply amount? I finished the game on the PS3 and used a gun perhaps a handful of times. I kept saving the ammo thinking "I'll need this later" and never did. I usually either escaped from situations, Fought my way out or used the bow.

There is a multiplayer? Never knew that.

Is the girls side missions worth playing?

Edit.... Well that is ****.. Get boosters if you link to a facebook. I dont have one....

Last edited:
How different is the supply amount? I finished the game on the PS3 and used a gun perhaps a handful of times. I kept saving the ammo thinking "I'll need this later" and never did. I usually either escaped from situations, Fought my way out or used the bow.

I killed everyone. No one escapes death when i am about :p

Was survivor in the ps3 as well? If i was 10 years younger i would play it in that mode with the huge amount of extra time i had in my disposal, now with the huge backlog of games staying there i dont have much time to throw in trial and errors. That is one thing that put me off in GTAV where you have to find where you need to go. Stupid linear games have spoilt it for me and now i cannot play open world games :P

Yeah it was in the PS3 mode. You had to play it on Hard to unlock it IIRC. It's just that because - as you say - your time to play games is limited I wouldn't personally say it would be worth using your limited time playing a game you've already played through. Might be worth giving it a go on Hard with no listening mode? I just don't think you'd get that much enjoyment from playing it through on a lowish difficulty again hence my recommendation for Survivor. Don't be put off - it isn't THAT bad :).

You only really get ammo from enemies in situations where you're 100% going to use it.

e.g.

the sewer part when you're with Henry and Sam and get split up

the section when you switch to Ellie and you're in the woods

There is a limited amount of ammo behind shiv doors but it isn't significant. Crafting components are also quite limited. I was never really low on supplies but you can't go around chucking molotovs and nail bombs willy nilly and you need to really weigh up if it's worth shiving a clicker or not. I snuck past a fair few batches of infected including the part

where you're Joel at the University and you leave Ellie and horse behind while you drop into the dormitory. There's a bloater and multiple clickers present. The bloater was 'asleep' and the clickers are easily bypassed. At the end I realised I needed to kill the Bloater for a Firefly pendant so I torched it but you could definitely get through without fighting if you wish.

He dropped more flamethrower ammo than I used on him so that was a plus :D.

Yeah it was in the PS3 mode. You had to play it on Hard to unlock it IIRC. It's just that because - as you say - your time to play games is limited I wouldn't personally say it would be worth using your limited time playing a game you've already played through. Might be worth giving it a go on Hard with no listening mode? I just don't think you'd get that much enjoyment from playing it through on a lowish difficulty again hence my recommendation for Survivor. Don't be put off - it isn't THAT bad :).

Indeed you are right when i know the story i wont enjoy it that much. There was a time when i used to play from the start games on Normal or hard to have some challenge, but now omg i put it to easy just because i want to see the story and be done with it.

I just liked Ellie's part a lot, and i hated
the parts where you fight humans (Uncharted again? give me zombies please).

There are so many nice games that i have started and had to pause to go for the next buy, i wanted to get through ME2 and was put off by the fact i did the wrong choice in ME1 and had to go back there again, so i have ME2 and ME3 to get to play.

Just finished the main story... wow, what a ride. Tense, emotional, and sometimes a wee bit scary. Such a great and harrowing story, combined with fantastic visuals, it puts many films to shame. Amazing.

I now have the "Left Behind" story to go through, then will start Tomb Raider. :)

Headshots, sneak up and knife them or Molotov. I personally just tried to avoid them as much as possible!

I'm at the bit at the start where it's raining, going through some building that feels like it's about the collapse and there are 5 infected and 1 clicker. I can sneak up on 3 of the infected but the other 2 are too close to the clicker and I keep getting killed.

Use the bricks and bottles around you. They will send the dead away from you or you can lure them in.

If i remember rightly there is a metal pole near by, pick that up just incase you need to cave some heads in.

Back
Top Bottom