The Little Mermaid (05/2023) live-action Disney remake

It's sus how they've aligned themselves with childish symbols to make themselves look harmless and promote themselves to children. And to keep it on topic, Disney has been a huge part of that in the last 4 years. Strange Worlds was particularly revolting

Last edited:
Out of curiosity I decided to see how popular the threads were for the other remakes were. There wasn't this level of passion or need to protect the animated originals of the others as there have been with TLM. Fair enough if it was your favourite Disney movie I just didn't know TLM was that popular.

I'm glad it's Friday though as I needed a good laugh. Arguing that 'the left' are trying to sow the seeds to make noncing an acceptable pastime. The other-side really are the bogeyman to some of you lot.

Out of curiosity I decided to see how popular the threads were for the other remakes were. There wasn't this level of passion or need to protect the animated originals of the others as there have been with TLM. Fair enough if it was your favourite Disney movie I just didn't know TLM was that popular.
It was the movie that kicked off the Renaissance in Disney after all. TLK might have been the massive hit but it wouldn't have existed without TLM
I'm glad it's Friday though as I needed a good laugh. Arguing that 'the left' are trying to sow the seeds to make noncing an acceptable pastime. The other-side really are the bogeyman to some of you lot.
If you haven't noticed then you're a little blind to it. This is not the thread for it so you can make one in GD if you want

Jesus, this thread is mental.

It's a film aimed at children, and is an entertainment product. Can't people leave their CuLTurE WarZ nonsense and focus on whether it's an entertaining product?

I hope they one day film the Iain M Banks "culture" series and have race blind casting and Boy Geoege in a major role, just so I can see people posting about "omg it is teh Culture Culture Club culture wars"

I'm left leaning, as are most of my friends. Yet none of them are advocating for flipping open noncing, you have to be a paranoid moron to think such a thing is likely.

The issue is with some of you it's all down to sides as evidenced by saying things like "blah blah blah the left". Of course that behaviour is not exclusive to those on the right but my point is you can't just say X about The Left/Right and apply it to such a large group.

If I said "Oh the right are nothing more than bigots who are scared of change" and you were right leaning you'd have every right to feel some way about what I said.

Most rational people aren't one or the other. Most will have some things they are 'left' about and some other things they are 'right' about. Pigeonholing yourself into one side like it's some sort of sports team is bonkers to me.

It's a film aimed at children, and is an entertainment product. Can't people leave their CuLTurE WarZ nonsense and focus on whether it's an entertaining product?

I hope they one day film the Iain M Banks "culture" series and have race blind casting and Boy Geoege in a major role, just so I can see people posting about "omg it is teh Culture Culture Club culture wars"
As mental as a uk paper saying a kids movie needs to "acknowledge the horrors of historical events such as slavery"?

Indeed. Last I checked, the film isn't a documentary, so I fail to see what colour has to do with it. Unless, of course, the fish are up in arms because she isn't silvery-grey. I guess they might have a point.

It's sus how they've aligned themselves with childish symbols to make themselves look harmless and promote themselves to children. And to keep it on topic, Disney has been a huge part of that in the last 4 years. Strange Worlds was particularly revolting

:confused:

Strange Worlds was a dreadful film, but I don’t see how having a single (and entirely non-sexualised) homosexual character makes a film ‘revolting’.

This will be the next thing those on the left try to legitimise, hell the seeds are already being sowed.

For a small noisy minority this is definitely their end goal, there are thankfully enough on both sides to push back for now.

It is reassuring to see companies like Bud Light and Target lose $30B in share price after their endorsement of this "group".. Hopefully they lose much more. They still haven't apologised because they fear the woke mafia.

Last edited:
Can you image the outrage if they had left the mermaid as a white girl but changed the prince to a black guy?

I would have respected Disney much more if they went for a completely black cast (seeing it was supposed to be based in the Caribbean) and made it a colorful musical spectacular celebrating the culture, instead of this badly made, half-hearted, drab looking affair. heck, i might be even interested in seeing it

I would have respected Disney much more if they went for a completely black cast (seeing it was supposed to be based in the Caribbean) and made it a colorful musical spectacular celebrating the culture, instead of this badly made, half-hearted, drab looking affair. heck, i might be even interested in seeing it

Well Ive heard it said that the queen is also black and the white prince was adopted by her so he wasnt even born a prince but given it. So near enough right?

Last edited:
Well Ive heard it said that the queen is also black and the white prince was adopted. So near enough right?
Which part of "completely black cast" are you mis-reading?

They had the chance to make a movie in the same vein as "The Wiz" where they take the IP and turn it completely on it's head with different music/songs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom