The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power (Prime)

Soldato
Nope. I thought it was a great series and thoroughly enjoyed it. Can’t wait for the next one.

I don’t understand why folks force themselves to watch TV shows they don’t like. Is it just so they can whinge about it? Just watch something else!

Caporegime
Agreed

If you aren't enjoying it by episode 6, I can't see how the final two episodes are going to change your mind.

I thought the music was actually very good though. Bear McCreary who did Battlestar Galactica is doing the score.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Nope. I thought it was a great series and thoroughly enjoyed it. Can’t wait for the next one.

I don’t understand why folks force themselves to watch TV shows they don’t like. Is it just so they can whinge about it? Just watch something else!

Part of it is the hope that its going to get better. Part of it is that you see an article that declares "episode 8 is an 11/10 mastapiece!!" and you have to see for yourself. Part of it is just finishing what you started. Part of it is that its easy watching. Part of it is that its borderline funny how bad it is in places. Part of it is so that you can come on here and have a whinge and compare notes with other people watching the show :p

Agreed

If you aren't enjoying it by episode 6, I can't see how the final two episodes are going to change your mind.

I thought the music was actually very good though. Bear McCreary who did Battlestar Galactica is doing the score.

No, the final episodes aren't of a much higher quality than the rest of the series. People just assumed that because there was some criticism about the slow pacing, the more fast paced last episodes would cure all ills. If you aren't enjoying it massively by episode 6 the end of the season won't change that.

The music was good in of itself but I found myself thinking "this music is trying to make me feel something I don't for these characters or this scene" and it was jarring. Instead of being an epic accompaniment to the scene it was juxtaposed. I don't think thats the musics fault, I would assume he was told what the scene was trying to do and he accompanied it accordingly. The fact the scene didn't hit the right notes in direction or acting isn't his fault.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
We've just finished watching it over the weekend and thoroughly enjoyed the series. Walked in open minded and left withe smiles on our faces and are looking forward to the next series.

In the meantime I've already got the six extended versions of the LOTR and The Hobbit out ready to watch over the next few weeks.

Associate
Thought the series was brilliant for the most part, once i look at an elves ears that's all i can see watching it though, also, perhaps a tad racist in spots, all dwarfs scottish, all hafoots northern irish (small like a leprechaun) - maybe I'm just looking for things to whinge about, but looking forward to series too, the scenary looks delightful.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Thought the series was brilliant for the most part, once i look at an elves ears that's all i can see watching it though, also, perhaps a tad racist in spots, all dwarfs scottish, all hafoots northern irish (small like a leprechaun) - maybe I'm just looking for things to whinge about, but looking forward to series too, the scenary looks delightful.

Is this a serious post? How on earth is that racist? I can only assume you are quite young and have been taught that a lack of diversity in anything is fundamentally racist.

Go to Scotland and see what accent is almost universal there. In fact, go anywhere in the world and you will find that as soon as you hit any rural area, the accent becomes much stronger, more homogenous and diversity of all kinds falls off a cliff. Why would the dwarfs have a mix of accents? This isn't the modern day where there are billions of people. These are communities of thousands in tight knit groups. They would all have the same accent and if you wanted to actually be realistic you wouldn't have a couple of black elves/dwarfs sprinkled in. They obviously did that to fit modern sensibilities but complaining about a lack of diversity in accents. My word.

Back
Top Bottom