**The Mental Health Thread**

Associate
When you hear of people jumping off the bridge at Dartford, you wonder how far they went to do that...
When you have reached the point that nothing matters you'll do anything to end it I guess. My old pilot from RAF days planned his suicide carefully. I won't say what he did but he spent a lot of time researching his approach. He knew I had bad depression but never reached out to me so things must have been bad for him.

Soldato
My MH problems make me act needy and creepy around very attractive women. It ***** up any chance I may have had with them. I get pigeon holed into the creepy weirdo category. Luckily I’m normal around 99% of women but I’m not looking for a relationship as I’m happy as I am.

Soldato
My MH problems make me act needy and creepy around very attractive women. It ***** up any chance I may have had with them. I get pigeon holed into the creepy weirdo category. Luckily I’m normal around 99% of women but I’m not looking for a relationship as I’m happy as I am.

lots of men get that sort of thing with very good looking women, some men also have a deep resentment towards them and that is worse than what you have

Soldato
lots of men get that sort of thing with very good looking women, some men also have a deep resentment towards them and that is worse than what you have
I don’t resent them as it’s their choice to be attracted to me or not. Just like I am attracted to some women more than others. Just wish I didn’t have a mental health condition which ***** everything up.

Soldato
My mental health condition delusional disorder has a lot of stigma associated with it as it involves developing deeply unhealthy imagined relationships with some women. No one likes the weird creepy guy who harasses women and most believe they should be put in prison because they know what they are doing and have malicious intent.

I have never wanted to hurt any woman and I try hard to stay on the right side of sanity by constantly reality checking myself. I’ve also learned to pick up on non verbal cues from women when I realize I’ve acted a bit of a creep around them. These women are always strangers I barely know or have much contact with.

I don’t have many friends or any girl friends so am not used to being around women and often prefer my own company.

Mental health doesn’t have a face, I look like a normal guy not remarkable in any way so most people don’t understand what I’m going through. I seem normal to most except those women whose intuition tells them something is not right.

Luckily I don’t develop these imagined relationships around 99% of women just those who would be repulsed by the thought of any kind of relationship with me. I’ve been rejected a number of times and each time I learn from it, I’m struggling to understand my own mind and that of these women I’m irrationally attracted too.

I’m fascinated by them and want their brains. When it comes down to it there’s probably nothing special or interesting about them it’s all in my head.

Caporegime
Been trying to get on with life and I'm still damaged, although I do have a lot of family support. Still waiting on Crisis Team with long term help as well.

Listened to this, and I had an emotional break down. It's far from being a bad song, but it just reminds me of everything I've lost

Soldato
Been trying to get on with life and I'm still damaged, although I do have a lot of family support. Still waiting on Crisis Team with long term help as well.

Listened to this, and I had an emotional break down. It's far from being a bad song, but it just reminds me of everything I've lost
I listen to this music when I need an emotional boost.

Soldato
I was rejected a lot by my peers in childhood which makes me chase relationships where I’m going to be rejected, this enforces the belief that I’m not good enough and is pathological to my mental health.

Soldato
How’s everyone doing ?

My anxiety has decided to flare back up after a rather decent couple of weeks. Having more physical symptoms this time with some weird headaches that come and go and fatigue.

I hate the way you’re doing ok then boom have some feeling crappy.

Last edited:
Soldato
About the same. Utterly exhausted all the time and no rhyme or reason for it. Doc straight up said 'You listen to me because I'm your doctor: you have depression and you just need to deal with that fact' despite doing nothing more than a blood test :rolleyes: Complaint on it's way shortly....

A couple of weeks ago I somehow got enough sleep to awaken feeling rested and guess what? I took care of daily life stuff without issue (shower/cook/clean), I organised some games to sell to keep the lights on, actually sold them and tracked it on a spreadsheet whilst also running my 3 D&D games that week. Oh and I squeezed in a body weight workout too!

Amazing what a good nights sleep can do for you. Alas my search continues.

Associate
How’s everyone doing ?

My anxiety has decided to flare back up after a rather decent couple of weeks. Having more physical symptoms this time with some weird headaches that come and go and fatigue.

I hate the way you’re doing ok then boom have some feeling crappy.
I always find that it is stupid little things that set of my anxiety rather than big important things. For instance, I recently lodged an online complaint against our local mental health services because, having been put on new medication with a follow up due in 1 month, it took 6 months before I got a follow up.

Having lodged the complaint I spent 4 days in an anxious mess because I was the bad guy! Brains, who'd have them! :)

Soldato
I always find that it is stupid little things that set of my anxiety rather than big important things. For instance, I recently lodged an online complaint against our local mental health services because, having been put on new medication with a follow up due in 1 month, it took 6 months before I got a follow up.

Having lodged the complaint I spent 4 days in an anxious mess because I was the bad guy! Brains, who'd have them! :)
So relatable. I went to my garage for some help with a sheared bolt today, we're quite friendly as I've done favours etc for the guy. He spent 10 min helping me drill it out and I spent the whole walk home feeling awkward and twitchy because he might think I was rude not to offer him some cash.

And I did offer, he just didn't hear me and said see ya later :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom