**The Mental Health Thread**

Pet Northerner
Don
Although I display a lot of ADHD traits, after some initial work with an NHS mental health practitioner - it may be related to a trauma from when I was 17 where I had zero treatment.

I have another appointment to go through things further in a month to determine whether to pursue further ADHD diagnosis or move to counselling

Associate
Although I display a lot of ADHD traits, after some initial work with an NHS mental health practitioner - it may be related to a trauma from when I was 17 where I had zero treatment.

I have another appointment to go through things further in a month to determine whether to pursue further ADHD diagnosis or move to counselling
Quite possible it's related to that. I'm sure my diagnosis is correct because I remember when I was in primary school I was always being told I was bright but I didn't try hard enough. My bedroom was a mess because I liked to break things and leave it everywhere and aside from the breaking things my bedroom, well whole house now, is exactly the same to this day.

I remember when I was about 16 and working wondering when I was going to start feeling like an adult, and I had the same thought all my life because I feel like I haven't changed in my behaviours aside from having a more mature thought process to mitigate the impulsive effects a bit.

Not long before my wife left and we were arguing, she said I was like teenager and she was right, and my response to her was well I'm never going to change, because I've tried and I can't. Bearing in mind this was before I had any idea about what ADHD was until I got diagnosed 6 months after she went last year.

So I'm convinced of my diagnosis and I think that also feeds into the differing speed of people's assessments as some are easier to diagnose than others.

Soldato
:eek:

Not good at all, i couldn't cope with that.
Nor many customers. Say to them have you worked in retail before? If say no, immediately respond you will not survive 5 mins.

The rudeness and impatience needs to go. We have lovely customers and if everyone was like that - job will be a breeze.

Don’t the customers understand that our mh is caused by their awful behaviour?

Soldato
Well, my mental health seems to be tanking. Motivation to do anything is almost zero. Simple tasks that should really just take some patience and time I keep putting off. I put in two solid years of effort at work, and still can't get promoted without someone leaving so work motivation is also slipping big time.

Working from home since the pandemic is destroying me. I hate it. I need to be back in the office for my own sanity.

Trying to move house and repair it prior to sale (almost there), wife is chronically ill. I just feel overwhelmed.

I know what I need to do to fix it like exercising and ignoring the problems till they go away lol.

Soldato
That Panarama documentary was flawed in so many ways. I’m sure I could get diagnosed as alcohol dependent if I just told them I had all the symptoms of it.

It’s hardly a surprise that a lot of people wanting a diagnosis end up with one, someone neurotypical is hardly going to refer themselves or pay for a private diagnosis.

Soldato
That Panarama documentary was flawed in so many ways. I’m sure I could get diagnosed as alcohol dependent if I just told them I had all the symptoms of it.

It’s hardly a surprise that a lot of people wanting a diagnosis end up with one, someone neurotypical is hardly going to refer themselves or pay for a private diagnosis.
This is a good point, we don't drag ourselves through the process for a laugh. If you sit and question yourself long enough to go and seek out a diagnosis, if you fill out the forms, dredge through childhood memories, face up to your worst habits... During my assessment process I cried more than once. Having my partner write out "Sometimes I can be talking to Benski and he is looking at me and nodding but I know he isn't really there". That wasn't fun.

Soldato
I am not feeling right at all. One minute I am happy. The next minute - am so angry. Already taking sertaline 50mg. My emotions are all over the place. Work is exacerbating this. Short staff - colleagues retiring, not being replaced, sickness, holiday, no overtime etc. Being dyslexic makes me feel low and unable to control my feelings. Getting stressed increases my anxiety and my asthma symptoms.

Need some help. Think I have something else on top of the dyslexia.

Don't want the GP to sign me off work as that will cause more problems with sickness at work.

Where shall I go?

Soldato

Saddened to see this is happening and adding to this thread so people are aware of the changes maybe coming this year.

Leave your thoughts on this please. As You can tell I'm not happy about it at all and think this is part of the Police service roles and a way they protect the public and part of the job description in my book (coming from someone that wanted to be a Police officer as a kid, so to help people) .

Caporegime
Saddened to see this is happening and adding to this thread so people are aware of the changes maybe coming this year.

Leave your thoughts on this please. As You can tell I'm not happy about it at all and think this is part of the Police service roles and a way they protect the public and part of the job description in my book (coming from someone that wanted to be a Police officer as a kid, so to help people) .

Too busy arresting people for putting dollies in a pub or dealing with Twitter posts!

Soldato
I am not feeling right at all. One minute I am happy. The next minute - am so angry. Already taking sertaline 50mg. My emotions are all over the place. Work is exacerbating this. Short staff - colleagues retiring, not being replaced, sickness, holiday, no overtime etc. Being dyslexic makes me feel low and unable to control my feelings. Getting stressed increases my anxiety and my asthma symptoms.

Need some help. Think I have something else on top of the dyslexia.

Don't want the GP to sign me off work as that will cause more problems with sickness at work.

Where shall I go?
Has your GP reviewed whether you're still on the right medication?

Stress will definitely be adding to your hormones being up and down. Forgetting what is best for work, do you feel that time off would help you?

Have you tried anything to help the stress like meditation, tapping for anxiety etc?

Has anyone tried something similar to Betterhelp? Seems you have to pay them monthly and they want over £200 :eek:

I've had stress for years but the current issues with my back and a few other things are just really pulling me down right now.

Soldato
Definitely feeling like I'm at risk of spiralling mentally a bit. My physical health is not great (got Crohn's, on a targeted steroid, it's not working any more apparently. Need to talk to my doctor) so I feel run down, lots of annoying/firefighting/stuff I don't want to deal with style problems at work, people close to me are having their own problems in ways that I can't really help with.

At least I'm still in rational low mood territory because things objectively suck as opposed to being all "everything will be irreconcilably terrible forever". So I can probably pull myself out of it if I can get a grip on a couple of these things. At least I hope so because I'd really rather not have to start on venlafaxine again, or rather, set up the potential for withdrawing from venlafaxine in the more distant future.

Soldato
My mental health is really bad today, been shaking most of the morning. Things just didn't go to plan and I lost it again :(. Oh well another week and the Mental Health team are talking to me

Same for me mate had a rough couple of days and today has been horrid. Awaiting a call from the MH team tomorrow.

Hope you get the help you need…

Soldato
Keep thinking about getting some really good full spectrum cbd oil, seems to be about £70 upwards for the recommended stuff (6 weeks worth maybe ) thought i could use it to zone out instead of alcohol

I have read a lot of good things about full spectrum cbd oil and Anxiety relief. I would have thought if it gives the desired affect it would be a better alternative to alcohol.

Back
Top Bottom