**The Mental Health Thread**

Soldato
Ok so i am finding the cbd very calming and having extra power naps in the day yet feel more energised than sedated feels more effective than the metazapene i went cold turkey on

note to self ,this could be placebo or that i expect it to work so need more time to assess , the full spectrum stuff isn't cheap

Soldato
Ok so i am finding the cbd very calming and having extra power naps in the day yet feel more energised than sedated feels more effective than the metazapene i went cold turkey on

note to self ,this could be placebo or that i expect it to work so need more time to assess , the full spectrum stuff isn't cheap
There is cheaper out there.

Soldato

Definiyely does have an effect on me. I use cbd brothers blue , 2-3 drops under the tongue and ill be chilled 10-15 mins later.

Link : https://cbdbrothers.com/product/blue-edition-cbd-oil/

Caporegime
My Mental Health is awful again, just feel like breaking down... Doesn't help that I'm in Pain and I keep getting flash backs of my Ex Girlfriend who I cared deeply for. Although she treated me like *** right up until the end.

I'm just waiting for two stages over the next year or so, first one is Relationship Counselling, then they are going to work on the other side of my Mental Health

Soldato
Not that i would know but while the NHS does not want to prescribe anything stronger than CBD oil unless you are in the very tiny minority who qualify,

There are private clinics who are legally allowed to now in the UK, i had the shock of my life when i found out.

You need to have a medical condition but i think many conditions including mental health like anxiety qualify.

Soldato
Not that i would know but while the NHS does not want to prescribe anything stronger than CBD oil unless you are in the very tiny minority who qualify,

There are private clinics who are legally allowed to now in the UK, i had the shock of my life when i found out.

You need to have a medical condition but i think many conditions including mental health like anxiety qualify.
Sure, you can go private, but it is ridiculously expensive, and people with severe mental health issues are unlikely to be able to afford it.

Soldato
Sure, you can go private, but it is ridiculously expensive, and people with severe mental health issues are unlikely to be able to afford it.

As far as i can tell, the place i looked at was about £250 a year for 5 consultations + prescription costs

Maybe there were hidden costs, i did not look too far into it to be honest.

I was looking for someone i know with severe pain from sciatica and back problems, the NHS had them on a waiting list for years so they paid £2300 to have the pain blocking injections privately because they could not stand the pain anymore.

The injections did not work well so back in square one, taking a painkiller prescribed by the NHS that does not work either.

But they did not want to go ahead to try the herbal medicine because of the stigma attached to it in the UK.

Soldato
If I am reading this correctly, you need to pay:

£50 for an initial consultation
£50 for a follow-up consultation
£50 per quarter for quarterly check-ups
Between £102 and £267 per month for prescriptions depending on the prescription

Soldato
If I am reading this correctly, you need to pay:

£50 for an initial consultation
£50 for a follow-up consultation
£50 per quarter for quarterly check-ups
Between £102 and £267 per month for prescriptions depending on the prescription

that is their average estimate inclusive of all appointments for the year and average prescriptions depending on what you wanted i think.

and as far as i can tell its assuming you are using it every day of the week but im not sure how they work out the figures.

anyway i said my bit, i seen that some here were saying they were drinking heavily and other stuff and thought i would mention it because drinking is the worse idea on earth if you have problems.

Last edited:
Soldato
Is there any best place to look for information I can read about mental health. A website or something.

I’ve said in the past on here I don’t know if I’m affected my my mental health or if it’s just a bad day, it’s hard for me to explain what I trying to say.

I just seem to go through phases of being “okay” happy and such then I can feel dread, tired anxious and like the world is against me. But that could just be normal.

Soldato
Is there any best place to look for information I can read about mental health. A website or something.

I’ve said in the past on here I don’t know if I’m affected my my mental health or if it’s just a bad day, it’s hard for me to explain what I trying to say.

I just seem to go through phases of being “okay” happy and such then I can feel dread, tired anxious and like the world is against me. But that could just be normal.

Have a look at the mind website linked below. It has details about different mental health conditions as well as symptoms both Mental and Physical.

https://www.mind.org.uk/

Man of Honour
Just dropping in to say that I really recommend staying on top of your own physical health, as part of your own mental health management.

There’s just something about seeing yourself getting strong over time, feeling muscle pains (in the good way!), the routine, discipline, giving your mind something to focus on.

In October I started swimming 3 times a week for 20 minutes, mostly breast stroke which is the easy one. I used to do a fair bit of swimming in my school days and I was shocked how hard I found front crawl, just a couple of lengths a session which then required getting my breath back.

I’m now busting out 40min sessions four times a week doing front crawl in the fast lane. Definitely still getting stronger - not stopping for any rests now and really focussing on my breathing to make sure I don’t run out of air. Inhaling too much and then having lungs full of deoxygenated air is the biggest issue for me and I presume most people. Supplementing with weights at home plus a couple of hours of walking a week. Watching what I eat too.

T shirts are fitting better, feeling stronger, just getting on with it and feeling like I have a duty to myself and my wife to be the best I can be. It’s hard work but… bring it on.

There are huge mental health benefits to it which are really hard to quantify… but it’s a ‘you won’t notice the improvement’ sort of thing - you just end up feeling more at peace with yourself. All the exertion and physical ‘feeling’ of the exercise is really helpful for ‘grounding the mind’ too.

It’s a long game thing - it’s taken almost a year for me to really say that it’s obviously improved my morale etc but it definitely has. Well worth it!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom