**The Mental Health Thread**

Soldato
Joining a personal training club originally helped my mental health but then work got mega busy and I ended up injuring myself. Been in pain since beginning of April and it has had a big impact on my mental health. It's been horrible going from exercising fairly regularly to nothing at all, not even being able to walk properly or drive.

I don't feel like I did years back but still in a low place.

I bought the Trip CBD high strength. Had tried the canary brand before but didn't find it to make much difference and after a while it had a funny taste.
I do half a dose of the trip brand and the first night I did sleep better. The only thing I find is the mint flavour is so strong that sometimes the next day I get random hiccups and I can taste the peppermint burning my throat.
I don't know if it's working with helping the pain/improving sleep etc but I am seeing improvements

Associate
Been struggling with my mental health on & off for years and things got worse last year with chronic insomnia. Took 6 months before GP referred me to mental health team and they eventually put me on medication to help me sleep.

Been sleeping better since February with the pills but work has been mental the last few weeks and it set me right back.

I managed to get 2 weeks vacation time and felt pretty good for the first couple of days but then my boss called and wants to send me off to a clients office for a month - working 7 days a week for 12 hours then having a few days off before repeating. Apparently they want in-person training and someone there for troubleshootin issues.

Now my anxiety has skyrocketed and I can’t calm down, I want to say no but getting strong vibes that they will send me anyway

Soldato
Been struggling with my mental health on & off for years and things got worse last year with chronic insomnia. Took 6 months before GP referred me to mental health team and they eventually put me on medication to help me sleep.

Been sleeping better since February with the pills but work has been mental the last few weeks and it set me right back.

I managed to get 2 weeks vacation time and felt pretty good for the first couple of days but then my boss called and wants to send me off to a clients office for a month - working 7 days a week for 12 hours then having a few days off before repeating. Apparently they want in-person training and someone there for troubleshootin issues.

Now my anxiety has skyrocketed and I can’t calm down, I want to say no but getting strong vibes that they will send me anyway
You mean 12 hours a day for 7 days straight? If so, from what I've read they can't legally do that.
Are you able to chat with them about your anxiety etc or are they the type of company that don't really care?

Associate
You mean 12 hours a day for 7 days straight? If so, from what I've read they can't legally do that.
Are you able to chat with them about your anxiety etc or are they the type of company that don't really care?
I’m sure there would be a lunch break and probably sometime to grab dinner but yeah monday to sunday for 12 hours each day.

my issue is that I take my medication at 8pm and in bed for 9 so working basically from 8am to 8pm means I won’t be back to the hotel or whatever place I am staying till 8.30pm, taking my medication then straight to bed - no time to really relax or decompress from work.

They wanted me to go to the clients office in London to do this training but other people said they would do it, now they want me to go to Houston to do it there.

They know about my issues and say they understand but then they keep asking me to do stuff that they know I’m completely uncomfortable with and make it difficult to turn them down

Last edited:
Soldato
That many hours is usually a breach of the working time directive so you'd have had to have signed yourself off it. Some companies won't even let you sign off it . Or won't without a medical or oc health referral first

Last edited:
Soldato
I’m sure there would be a lunch break and probably sometime to grab dinner but yeah monday to sunday for 12 hours each day.

my issue is that I take my medication at 8pm and in bed for 9 so working basically from 8am to 8pm means I won’t be back to the hotel or whatever place I am staying till 8.30pm, taking my medication then straight to bed - no time to really relax or decompress from work.

They wanted me to go to the clients office in London to do this training but other people said they would do it, now they want me to go to Houston to do it there.

They know about my issues and say they understand but then they keep asking me to do stuff that they know I’m completely uncomfortable with and make it difficult to turn them down
Obviously I don't know what line of what you do but cab state they can't force you
CAB advice

Is it a job you enjoy? Doesn't sound like they're being understanding at all really

Last edited:
Associate
I don’t hate it but don’t really enjoy it either, but with a mortgage and other outgoings I like the security of a steady paycheque plus too nervous to switch jobs atm.

I want to just say no but I’m worried that they will hold it against me in future reviews (if I ever get one)

Caporegime
Mental Health has become a joke in this country! After going through it all via phone, they now want me to do a "GOOGLE MEETING" :mad:
Gone are the days when you'd see someone face to face, and you'd get used to the person and open up to them. Now it's done via a stupid web cam. I'm not doing it as there's no emotional outlay for me through a computer screen. I said to them I need to see someone in person. Hard enough reading emotions as an Autistic person as it is!

Last edited:
Caporegime
My EX girlfriend has done me some serious mental damage and although within a month of us being nearly 8 years together. I'm going to try my utmost to recover! I've re-done the house, the garden and I'm aiming for a new look for me. It will take time before I meet someone else, as I don't want to burden what she has done to me onto someone else.

Autism, PTSD, OCD and Mental Abuse from a girl who was diagnosed with BPD (Narcissistic traits) is pushing me over the edge! :(

Last edited:
Soldato
My EX girlfriend has done me some serious mental damage and although within a month of us being nearly 8 years together. I'm going to try my utmost to recover! I've re-done the house, the garden and I'm aiming for a new look for me. It will take time before I meet someone else, as I don't want to burden what she has done to me onto someone else.

Autism, PTSD, OCD and Mental Abuse from a girl who was diagnosed with BPD (Narcissistic traits) is pushing me over the edge! :(
:( hang in there
Some people will never understand or even try/want to understand the lasting damage they have done to another person from their actions.
And for those who have suffered all they can do is learn from it and move on without trying to let it affect the next potential relationship.

It sounds like you're already on the right path with focusing on yourself first. It may not be easy but you'll get there and then the rest will follow. Try not to put too much pressure on yourself though

Caporegime
:( hang in there
Some people will never understand or even try/want to understand the lasting damage they have done to another person from their actions.
And for those who have suffered all they can do is learn from it and move on without trying to let it affect the next potential relationship.

It sounds like you're already on the right path with focusing on yourself first. It may not be easy but you'll get there and then the rest will follow. Try not to put too much pressure on yourself though

On that night I was mentally and physically exhausted to the point of collapsing at my family home, I phoned her up and told her I Was struggling. That night she phoned one of my family up said she was really worried about me and loved me, and 1am dumped me through Facebook. The day after, asked how I was, then weeks later wanted to meet me. Two months later she was already with another guy! When she self harmed during her BPD episode, I was right there with her through thick and thin. When I hit rock bottom, she loved me then dumped me on the same night.

Sigh. Thank you though, I'm trying :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
Mental Health bad today, I felt like I was on cloud 9 this week... Then Sunday came and Anger and Depression hit me like a ton of bricks. I feel so damn frustrated inside that I could punch a wall. A complete Uturn :(
The other side of Autism I guess :(

Soldato
My best mate died yesterday. Totally out of the blue, super fit guy, was meant to be off to visit a mate yesterday but cancelled on Friday saying he didn't feel well....then his housemate found him dead in the morning. Only 40.

Not a cry for help or anything, just **** and good to share it I guess. Feel a bit numb today, been helping the family out and sending the bad news messages to friends and colleagues.

Soldato
I have it severely ,i actively avoid people, if i have to go to a family gathering i get smashed, sit in a corner facing the wall, in my mind there's normal people and then there's me (btw this isn't wine talking as i am still on antibiotics and abstaining)

Underboss
I have it severely ,i actively avoid people, if i have to go to a family gathering i get smashed, sit in a corner facing the wall, in my mind there's normal people and then there's me (btw this isn't wine talking as i am still on antibiotics and abstaining)

oh wow, you sound worse than me , i thought i had it bad, I'm 45 and still cant shift it , had it since i was little
I don't drink alcohol myself (very occasionally)

I wish i could speak to someone who's overturned it

I've never been on antidepressants, i don't really get depressed

to me, the forum helps me to "talk naturally" without fear

Caporegime
Be careful just thinking it’s social anxiety and it can be cured somehow.

I’ve got a friend who made it to 30 thinking it was social anxiety and it turns out he had high functioning autism.

Getting hammered and sitting facing a wall at family functions doesn’t sound like just social anxiety to me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom