* The Metal Thread *

Associate
I'm absolutely addicted to Machine Head's The Blackening album, it's brilliant. Beautiful Mourning is just an amazing song.

I'm really looking forward to Killswitch Engage's new album at the end of the month. If you go on http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/ click on the banner and you can get a free download to their new song. I think it's good, but it's abit repetitive.

In Flames are still my favourite band of all time though, without a doubt, their the new album's are a change from the old stuff, but I think it's a good change, even though I prefer their old stuff. Disconnected and March to the Shore are favourites from A Sense of Purpose.

Cool thread, nice listening to bands I havn't heard of before :)

Soldato
I forgot to mention..

Fear Factory - Obsolete

The album that got me into Nu Metal

Can't believe that albums 11 years old now

Oh, and if you want something REALLY evil sounding, try Mayhems latest effort

Mayhem - Ordo Ad Chao

Quite mesmurizing at times.

I think Fear Factory pretty much pioneered the sing/shout style you hear so many bands do these days. But yea, that album actually got me into this kind of music, a metal head was born in 1998 :D

Anyone in here going to Download or Ghostfest this month? I'm going to both and can't ****ing wait.

Also, if you like heavy, heavy stuff. Check out some of these;

At least post a good song of Whitechapels ;)

Last edited:
Associate
I will say this again..

please please please listen to Between the Buried and Me - Colors

Iv'e just had this on and its absolutely epic. The central track, Sun of Nothing is incredible!

Soldato
I think Fear Factory pretty much pioneered the sing/shout style you hear so many bands do these days. But yea, that album actually got me into this kind of music, a metal head was born in 1998 :D

Yea that was pretty good, a couple of tracks I didnt like but in general, very good indeed. Did you watch the DVD aswell? That was great, Jeff Waters Solo in 'The Dagger' was nuts to see played.

At least post a good song of Whitechapels ;)

Soldato
The new Heaven and Hell album (Dio era Black Sabbath) is superb,possibly as good as there self titled 80's classic.Iommi never fails to impress! I Can't think of a Rock/Metal guitarist who has produced such consistently,brilliant output over the years.

Dio still sounds amazing and Geezer and Vinnie Appice are metronomically solid but can be subtle and improvise when required! The best Heavy Rock band on the planet by several light years!

Associate
Dark Tranquillity, like In Flames, have changed over the years but still remain a decent band IMO.

I consider this one of Arch Enemy's most accessible songs. Love the solo.

In Flames changed their style a few years back and to be honest, their new material does nothing for me.
The lyrics are unimaginative, the songwriting is simplistic and the band's trademark melodies have faded into mush.
Still, 'The Jester Race', 'Whoracle', 'Colony', 'Clayman' and maybe even 'Reroute to Remain' are all great albums.

Can't forget Opeth! An incredible live performance...

Soldato
Can't get enough of this album:

Capharnaum - Fractured

Fairly straight forward technical death, but so well done with an insanely good drummer; very dynamic imo and not just endless sequences of blast beats.

It also happens to be a suprisingly well mastered album, i.e. you can turn the volume very high without being overwhelmed by compression artifacts; the youtube recording above really doesn't do it any justice.

Soldato
Are there any metal groups that can be suggested that don't scream like crazy people? I love everything about metal except the singers that sound like they have throat cancer.

Back
Top Bottom