The muslims are at it again

Man of Honour
Raz said:
1. Disagree with it.
2. Homosexuality, under certain Islamic laws, can be punishable by death. If you are living in a muslim country then logically the law of the land would apply. Naturally it's a innocent until proven guilty process. I personally think death is a bit extreme, but I am not a jurist nor a judge.

What would you do if you found out your best Muslim mate was gay?

Permabanned
Raz said:
There is a girl I know, who is muslim by name, yet doesn't pray, fast, or actually believe in God. But because of her family background people assume she is Muslim. She is not. If someone spat on the Quran it wouldn't bother her while it would offend or at least bother a Muslim.

But if she was VIRII's friend, it cannot be said that he is friends with a muslim.
Why *should* it bother a muslim. It is just a book. I'm sure Jesus wouldn't kick up a fuss about it. Is jesus > a muslim?

Permabanned
Raz said:
1. Disagree with it.
2. Homosexuality, under certain Islamic laws, can be punishable by death. If you are living in a muslim country then logically the law of the land would apply. Naturally it's a innocent until proven guilty process. I personally think death is a bit extreme, but I am not a jurist nor a judge.

I'd love to tell you that but how do I know what or how other Muslims should feel? Do you know what all pagans feel about different things?

2. a "bit" extreme? A bit ..... how tolerant of you.

You've stated muslims *should* feel upset if someone spat on the koran. So you have told us how muslims *should* feel about things.

As you are NOT living in a muslim land and discrimination against homosexuals is illegal would you employ a homosexual if you knew they were homosexual?

Raz

Raz

Soldato
dmpoole said:
What would you do if you found out your best Muslim mate was gay?

Honestly, I don't know. Probably distance myself to a degree.

Probably act like Shazad or whatever his name was from BB when he's around :D

Soldato
Raz said:
1. Disagree with it.

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/quran/004.qmt.html
Some Book said:

YUSUFALI: Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has given the one more (strength) than the other, and because they support them from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient, and guard in (the husband's) absence what Allah would have them guard. As to those women on whose part ye fear disloyalty and ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (Next), refuse to share their beds, (And last) beat them (lightly); but if they return to obedience, seek not against them Means (of annoyance): For Allah is Most High, great (above you all).

PICKTHAL: Men are in charge of women, because Allah hath made the one of them to excel the other, and because they spend of their property (for the support of women). So good women are the obedient, guarding in secret that which Allah hath guarded. As for those from whom ye fear rebellion, admonish them and banish them to beds apart, and scourge them. Then if they obey you, seek not a way against them. Lo! Allah is ever High, Exalted, Great.

SHAKIR: Men are the maintainers of women because Allah has made some of them to excel others and because they spend out of their property; the good women are therefore obedient, guarding the unseen as Allah has guarded; and (as to) those on whose part you fear desertion, admonish them, and leave them alone in the sleeping-places and beat them; then if they obey you, do not seek a way against them; surely Allah is High, Great.

Food for thought?

Do you know what all pagans feel about different things?

No, but there isn't a single book to tell us all what to do.

Permabanned
Raz said:
Honestly, I don't know. Probably distance myself to a degree.

Probably act like Shazad or whatever his name was from BB when he's around :D
Why? Just because he is gay? How tolerant.... how phobic... how sad.

Raz

Raz

Soldato
cleanbluesky said:
Food for thought?

No. Death by stoning is a method of execution, doesn't mean that I have to agree with it OR do it.

cleanbluesky said:
No, but there isn't a single book to tell us all what to do.

No, there isn't. But while we know what to do, we all feel different things.

Permabanned
Raz said:
I thought you said earlier that muslims who don't do certain things are not muslims.... :confused:
Do you not all follow the teachings of the Koran? Do you not all have the same rules and regulations? Are you not all to do as the prophet instructed? Is the Koran not a complete set of solutions for every aspect of life?

Permabanned
Raz said:
Would you let your daughter marry a man who slept with his own mother?
Let? What do you mean by let? Do I own my daughter? Is she my possession to command? Is this the "respect" Islam has for women , I mean "bints" that you tell us of?

Soldato
Raz said:
No. Death by stoning is a method of execution, doesn't mean that I have to agree with it OR do it.

Did you read what I posted? It was a verse from the Koran telling Muslims to beat their wives if disobedient. You said you disagree, I wasn't aware there was room to disagree with the word of Mohammed/Allah within Islam.

So you do as you feel and call yourself a Muslim?

Raz

Raz

Soldato
VIRII said:
I thought you said earlier that muslims who don't do certain things are not muslims.... :confused:
Do you not all follow the teachings of the Koran? Do you not all have the same rules and regulations? Are you not all to do as the prophet instructed? Is the Koran not a complete set of solutions for every aspect of life?

feel /fil/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[feel] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation verb, felt, feel·ing, noun
–verb (used with object)
1. to perceive or examine by touch.
2. to have a sensation of (something), other than by sight, hearing, taste, or smell: to feel a toothache.
3. to find or pursue (one's way) by touching, groping, or cautious moves.
4. to be or become conscious of.
5. to be emotionally affected by: to feel one's disgrace keenly.
6. to experience the effects of: The whole region felt the storm.
7. to have a particular sensation or impression of (often used reflexively and usually fol. by an adjunct or complement): to feel oneself slighted.
8. to have a general or thorough conviction of; think; believe: I feel he's guilty.
–verb (used without object)
9. to have perception by touch or by any nerves of sensation other than those of sight, hearing, taste, and smell.
10. to make examination by touch; grope.
11. to perceive a state of mind or a condition of body: to feel happy; to feel well.
12. to have a sensation of being: to feel warm.
13. to make itself perceived or apparent; seem: How does it feel to be rich?
–noun
14. a quality of an object that is perceived by feeling or touching: the soft feel of cotton.
15. a sensation of something felt; a vague mental impression or feeling: a feel of winter; a feel of sadness in the air.
16. the sense of touch: soft to the feel.
17. native ability or acquired sensitivity: to have a feel for what is right.
18. Informal. an act or instance of touching with the hand or fingers.
19. Slang: Vulgar. an act or instance of feeling up.
—Verb phrases
20. feel for,
a. to feel sympathy for or compassion toward; empathize with: I know you're disappointed and upset, and I feel for you.
b. Southeastern Pennsylvania and Maryland. to have a liking or desire for: If you feel for more pie, just help yourself.
21. feel out, to attempt to ascertain (the nature of a situation, someone's attitude, etc.) by indirect or subtle means: Why not feel out the other neighbors' opinions before you make a complaint.
22. feel up, Slang: Vulgar. to fondle or touch (someone) in a sexual manner.
23. feel up to, Informal. to feel or be able to; be capable of: He didn't feel up to going to the theater so soon after his recent illness.
—Idioms
24. cop a feel, Slang: Vulgar. to touch another person's body sexually, often in a quick and surreptitious way.
25. feel like, Informal. to have a desire for; be favorably disposed to: I don't feel like going out tonight. Do you feel like a movie?
26. feel like oneself, to be in one's usual frame of mind or state of health: She hasn't been feeling like herself since the accident. Also, feel oneself.
27. feel no pain. pain (def. 5).

Permabanned
So if a muslim does not FEEL like fasting is he still a muslim :)
If you like you can answer the other questions as well....

Man of Honour
VIRII said:
Why? Just because he is gay? How tolerant.... how phobic... how sad.

At least he didn't say he would hand him into the authorites for a stoning.
For a person who's religion is so opposed to homosexuality and who has been indoctrined with the Quran from birth its quite a good answer.

Permabanned
badgermonkey said:
What's that got to do with anything?
He is avoiding answering difficult questions about islamic attitudes to homosexuals and wife beating and whether muslims are still muslims if they do not obey and believe in the teachings of the Koran or whether they can obey the koran whilst "feeling" that the things they are doing aren't right.... which begs the question "if you don't feel it is the right thing to do then why do you do it or believe it?"

Permabanned
dmpoole said:
For a person who's religion is so opposed to homosexuality and who has been indoctrined with the Quran from birth its quite a good answer.

Because there is no stoning in the UK. Presumeably if he was in Saudi then he would as he has said he should obey the laws of the land....

Raz

Raz

Soldato
VIRII said:
Let? What do you mean by let? Do I own my daughter? Is she my possession to command? Is this the "respect" Islam has for women , I mean "bints" that you tell us of?

Lol. Pick on every word. To what end? To prove something to the other members?

Apologies, I though perhaps daughters would be interested in their father's opinion in who they marry, as although ultimately a woman can marry whoever she wants (as in Islam) she would still want her father to be happy for her future husband.

Naturally, I assumed that as a father you would be interested in who your daughter marries, but from your post I assumed wrong.

I noticed however that you managed to twist it around on me without actually answering the question. Perhaps you feel that giving an answer in the negative would show you to be intolerant of other people's attitudes? Or perhaps we should all believe that your sense of morals is the only way, while all others are wrong?

Raz

Raz

Soldato
dmpoole said:

It's not something I'd do. When it's something like this, we have to answer for our own sins, and I should look to my own sins rather than condemning him to death.

Back
Top Bottom