The new Arsenal Club Thread - *No Spoilers & Read OP Before Posting*

Caporegime
I have not ignored you or others. I have counter argued with new points that have not been addressed.

I am not sure what else you want me to do? Do you want me to just agree with everything you and some others here say and shut my mouth?
All your arguments and the way you would handle it would never advance the club at all. We’d constantly be going back to square one.

Your belief in not offering a big salary until they have proved themselves by winning a title is ridiculous. The players will not accept their wages being decided by how many titles they win. They know their worth.

Soldato
All your arguments and the way you would handle it would never advance the club at all. We’d constantly be going back to square one.

Your belief in not offering a big salary until they have proved themselves by winning a title is ridiculous. The players will not accept their wages being decided by how many titles they win. They know their worth.
It’s not true. It’s incentivise the players to strive to help the club become one of the best in the league and then earn the big bucks,

As i said, please look at how liverpool ran there club. @omnomnom correct me if i am wrong again but how many of your players where near 200k a week when Klopp first joined and liverpool were struggling to get top 4 at best?

How many went on to earn top dollar during there time in competing with the very best?

@robfosters , i never said we need to win the title to get a big salary. What i mean and i did said this earlier, is offer those big salaries once arsenal are a club “competing “, key word competing with the very best on the field.

Point is, there wages should be decided on how good they are individually and collectively against the very very best in Europe.

Caporegime
It’s not true. It’s incentivise the players to strive to help the club become one of the best in the league and then earn the big bucks,

As i said, please look at how liverpool ran there club. @omnomnom correct me if i am wrong again but how many of your players where near 200k a week when Klopp first joined and liverpool were struggling to get top 4 at best?

How many went on to earn top dollar during there time in competing with the very best?

@robfosters , i never said we need to win the title to get a big salary. What i mean and i did said this earlier, is offer those big salaries once arsenal are a club “competing “, key word competing with the very best on the field.

Point is, there wages should be decided on how good they are individually and collectively against the very very best in Europe.
Don’t use Klopp as an example, he took over in 2015. That was 7 years ago. Fees and salaries have moved on massively since then.

I think you’ll find we are competing with the best in the league now, and one of the main reasons for that is the performances of these young players.

Soldato

If Saka went to RM, City etc...what wage would he be on? 150k? 175k?

Arsenal aren't in a position to be too hard on wages. And you'll just have to go out there and spend 50m/75m to replace them. How much is Saka on the market? 75m? 90m?

Gossip is talking about 50m/60m for Mudryk..

Arsenal would be fools to let them leave, only for them to sign contracts at 150k/170k at City or something. And a signing on fee of 10m.

Last edited:
Soldato
If Saka went to RM, City etc...what wage would he be on? 150k? 175k?

Arsenal aren't in a position to be too hard on wages. And you'll just have to go out there and spend 50m/75m to replace them. How much is Saka on the market? 75m? 90m?

Gossip is talking about 50m/60m for Mudryk..

Arsenal would be fools to let them leave, only for them to sign contracts at 150k/170k at City or something. And a signing on fee of 10m.
Possibly around 150 or more but as i said earlier, those teams are a cut above arsenal competing for the best trophies in club football for over 5 years now.

Those teams do not have many top earners as well.

Arsenal can do whatever they want to do. Up to them but all i am saying is that it is a risk to offer saka and co silly money.

What if we dont even get top 4 this season?

What if we saka and co do an ozil and regress for whatever reason next season?

Thats us stuck again with 3 players(saka, martinelli, saliba) on high wages playing average football?

What then?

How come all the other big clubs managed to slowly build there squad and there wages bit by bit to become top elite?

Is it wrong for us to follow a similar approach to Liverpool?

Soldato
Have you honestly just said that City and Liverpool don't have many top earners? Wow.

Edit
Why do I get getting drawn in. Top fishing.

Last edited:
Don
OP
After all these years it amazes me that people still bite. Don't you guys remember the Wenger in, Wenger out debates Jonny used to start and switch his position every other week?

Soldato
Possibly around 150 or more but as i said earlier, those teams are a cut above arsenal competing for the best trophies in club football for over 5 years now.

Those teams do not have many top earners as well.

Arsenal can do whatever they want to do. Up to them but all i am saying is that it is a risk to offer saka and co silly money.

What if we dont even get top 4 this season?

What if we saka and co do an ozil and regress for whatever reason next season?

Thats us stuck again with 3 players(saka, martinelli, saliba) on high wages playing average football?

What then?

How come all the other big clubs managed to slowly build there squad and there wages bit by bit to become top elite?

Is it wrong for us to follow a similar approach to Liverpool?

If you think teams like RM would be offering 150k, it's not too crazy to be offering 200k. RM can lowball because of the prestige, chance of winning silverware, climate etc. Arsenal aren't in that position. Like i said, you let them leave on a free, you have to dip into the transfer market and spend money to replace them. Offering Saka "silly money" is a risk, of course. So is signing his replacement for 50m, and he doesn't work out.

You've got to remember that wages have gone up since Klopp took over in 2015, well above inflation. And the PL has just signed a new bumper TV deal, its only going to be going one way really. 200k today probably is the 150k of 2015. :o

Soldato
A good game yesterday. I feel Man United are not playing to their full potential yet and still are sitting pretty in joint 3rd, not accounting for goal difference. That's not a bad place to be despite that they dropped points this week twice. In fact, their squad is lacking a couple more good players and yet still they are up there. Man United fans I would have thought would be much happier overall this season.

Arsenal over the last decade don't have good stats on going a goal down and then coming back to win. Times have changed now though. The belief is there. Good to see us get through the period where players were at risk of 5 yellows in 19 games. Passed that and onwards now. Things are looking good if we are able to keep players fit. Will be interesting to see what team we put out against City in the FA Cup. Will Arteta focus on the prem or go all out for the FA cup as well and take risks...

Soldato
With over a week to the next game after the FA Cup i don't see why we wouldn't play as strong a side as we can. We need to give them a good game so we can go into the league games against them with a bit of confidence.

Man of Honour
Agreed, don't see much benefit from fielding half a reserve team, getting stuffed 3-0 or whatever and leaving some players with doubts ahead of the league matches.
Plus if we knock out Man City then that's the main threat gone from the cup, it's all downhill from there.

I guess the counter-argument would be if Arsenal go strong and still lose heavily, that really would undermine confidence as they won't be able to roll out the excuse that it was a weakened team. It also might give the City coaching team more insight in how to counter Arsenal.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Our next 4 games look tough now. We often struggle at Goodison, and they could have a new manager bounce.

Brentford are going great guns atm. Then it’s a mega tough game against City followed by an away trip to a resurgent Villa.

gonna do very well to get 12 points out of that lot.

Soldato
Our next 4 games look tough now. We often struggle at Goodison, and they could have a new manager bounce.

Brentford are going great guns atm. Then it’s a mega tough game against City followed by an away trip to a resurgent Villa.

gonna do very well to get 12 points out of that lot.
Everton a tough game? Going to take more than a new manager to sort that shambles out. We smashed Brentford 3-0 away. Other 2 will be tricky mind but we're well capable of getting 10 points out of that.

Back
Top Bottom