The new Arsenal Club Thread - *No Spoilers & Read OP Before Posting*

Man of Honour
I can’t imagine earning £10m a year at 21 years old. Seems unreal, but at the same time, £200k a week for someone of his quality doesn’t seem extortionate in this day and age.
He was on £30k for ages, which considering we had backup fullbacks on £100k was pretty surprising.
In terms of value obviously it's crazy money but to buy a young English player with his talent you'd be forking out well over £50m (5 years salary) anyway.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ozil has retired. He had major flaws, but was an amazingly gifted player. Can remember being absolutely buzzing when we signed him. It seemed an impossibility at the time.

he holds so many assists records

- most hat-tricks of assists in history
- most assists against different clubs and nations (113)
- only player to be top scorer or assist provider in 3 of top 5 leagues
- most chances created in any league season (146)
- most assists created in a champs league game

Last edited:
Soldato
I thought he was going to be getting 200k? 300k is a pretty massive increase on that, one of the best players in the world at the moment so hard to argue against.

Soldato
Are we allowed to ask about tickets on here? Me and my two boys are red members and have been for a long time. Apparently I'm something like 35000th in the wait to become a silver member, which I gather still allows much better priority to tickets. As a red member I pay about £30 a year to basically not be able to get tickets! Obviously this season is extra specially hard but still... If anyone has any spares on ticket exchange or whatever, give me a shout. I'm going up this Saturday as a season ticket holder can't make it, and would love an additional ticket to take my boy.

Soldato
Are we allowed to ask about tickets on here? Me and my two boys are red members and have been for a long time. Apparently I'm something like 35000th in the wait to become a silver member, which I gather still allows much better priority to tickets. As a red member I pay about £30 a year to basically not be able to get tickets! Obviously this season is extra specially hard but still... If anyone has any spares on ticket exchange or whatever, give me a shout. I'm going up this Saturday as a season ticket holder can't make it, and would love an additional ticket to take my boy.
I'm struggling this year too. I'm a silver member, my wife is a red member and I have 2 canon members. The red and canon's are 1 to 2 years away from silver but this isn't a normal season, I'm expecting higher retention although I'm hoping the crackdown on touts and bots speeds this up. At the moment silver tickets sell out within 30 minutes, decent seats within seconds. The 3.5k red allocation goes on sale weeks later so if we want to go together I have to buy a ticket in the hope the wife can get one later but we'd never sit together anyway. Prior to this season we never had trouble getting tickets together. All we've made it to so far this season is the league cup game.

Last edited:
Associate
Yes it's been a struggle this year. I'm a red and although I've managed to get to around 10 games, it's only due to either getting lucky with the timing of the queue system or trying relentlessly on the exchange (which is absolutely mental this year). Hopefully it will settle down a bit next season.

Thought I was close to Silver but I checked and I'm 66K on the list so that's a mile off! More chance of a ST sooner as that's on 24K, although probably not for at least another 5 years.

fez

fez

Caporegime
How on earth is that save of the month :cry:

Hes come out at the right time and made himself big. Thats goalkeeping 101. Thats the equivalent of a striker getting a tap in because they made a good run at the right time. You can appreciate the movement and the timing but thats not what goal of the month is for. The "of the month" title should be for a ridiculous and unexpected piece of magic.

In other news, the Nordic goal yeti isn't playing today so might be the moment Arsenal can open up an unassailable gap in the title race.

Back
Top Bottom