The new Arsenal Club Thread - *No Spoilers & Read OP Before Posting*

Soldato
Yeah so I skim read the ballot system email.... not sure what to make of it. So basically it's a lottery system, but if you get a game, you are still randomised for the next one again. So in effect, you still possibly could be unlucky for multiple games in a row where in you still find yourself not attending any games. Why did they not think to make it so that if you get lucky and get a game, you are then to the back of the queue for X months to allow others a chance. The other thing I saw is that if you are a Red Member, you cannot select a seating price tier that you are comfortable with. So basically if you get selected - be it as an individual or a group number - it won't select the cheapest available, it will just be randomised. So you may get expensive upper tier seating assigned where you cannot then get it refunded, you just have to accept it or sell it on on the exchange. Not sure about the system currently, but we will see. If it ends up getting me going to 1 game, it's a win over last season I guess.

Soldato
I'm not too happy about it. Now I've got 2 silver memberships me and the wife should be able to go to whatever game we want to. I never had a problem getting tickets with my membership. It looks like potentially I could miss out on loads of games though. Will just have to see how it goes.

Soldato
I don’t think they automatically assign you a ticket. Once notified of success, you have to book during the priority booking window.
I didn't think that was how it read when they explained it. They mentioned picking a preferable seat price then said if successful in the ballot you may get a seat elsewhere.

Soldato
First game of the season, first ballot failed. Proper ****** off they've changed the way it works the season I finally have 2 silver memberships. I would 100% have been able to get tickets previously.

Caporegime
Nelson signed a new deal too. Decent player but I wouldn’t have been too annoyed if we recouped a few million. He’s valued at £12m, so we could have pushed for £15m I think. Bournemouth we’re apparently very interested.

That and Xhaka’s fee would have pretty much paid for the Timber deal

Last edited:
Soldato
Please don’t start Johnny off. £200k a week is fine for such a vital player.

You pay Trent £180k a week and a declining VVD £220k a week.
Aye we may do, but they've won things and Trent is our 4th highest earner, with Saliba's new contract I think that's 7 or 8 players on 200k + pw you've got now isn't it? and youve got Odegaard's contract negotiations coming up soon, seems you've kissed goodbye to a sensible wage structure to me

Last edited:
Caporegime
Aye we may do, but they've won things and Trent is our 4th highest earner, with Saliba's new contract I think that's 7 or 8 players on 200k + pw you've got now isn't it? and youve got Odegaard's contract negotiations coming up soon, seems you've kissed goodbye to a sensible wage structure to me
We wont spend more than we can afford. We've cleared a huge amount of our wage bill over the last year.

fez

fez

Caporegime
This idea of paying players who have won stuff more money makes no sense. Fine, put in bonuses for winning things but ultimately you pay players entirely based on their experience and talent. If Arsenal want to win things they will need to pay their important players a fair market salary. £200k/week is unfortunately probably about par for the course these days at a big English club for your first XI players.

Soldato
Yes it is how much is utds/chelsea/liverpool/citys back lines on
Liverpool's back 5?

VVD 220k
Trent 180k
Alisson 150k
Robertson 100k
Konate 70k

We've got 3 players on a 200k+ 'basic' pw apparently - Salah, VVD and Thiago. Take the hungarian fella we've just signed, he's on 125k per week, whereas Mount is rumored to have signed for 250k and of course Havertz and his 300k+.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom