The new Arsenal Club Thread - *No Spoilers & Read OP Before Posting*

Soldato
One of my sons memberships has now progressed to silver from canon. That means I have 2 silver memberships to use now so well happy with that, me and the missus will be able to go together again as this season has been a write off for tickets. I did see an email from Arsenal saying they are going to to move away from the current method and move to a ballot. I'm not sure how i feel about that as nearly always managed to get tickets to games i wanted before. Anyone have any idea how it will work?

Man of Honour
Anyone else think Zinchenko needs to calm down a bit? He seems to get himself really worked up over stuff on the pitch, I understand teams want leaders on the pitch but there's a couple of times recently where I think he's almost got overly emotional about stuff to a cringeworthy extent, the sort of thing that screams "unstable" not "leader". His little huddle thing against Saints, then his VAR handball vs Newcastle being two examples that spring to mind.

Soldato
Anyone else think Zinchenko needs to calm down a bit? He seems to get himself really worked up over stuff on the pitch, I understand teams want leaders on the pitch but there's a couple of times recently where I think he's almost got overly emotional about stuff to a cringeworthy extent, the sort of thing that screams "unstable" not "leader". His little huddle thing against Saints, then his VAR handball vs Newcastle being two examples that spring to mind.
When did Zinchenko hand balled in the Newcastle game yesterday?

Man of Honour
Was supposed to say "this" not "his". Basically after the Kiwior one early in the match he seemed to get over-excited, even after it was disallowed he was going on about something to the official.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Its OK to be disappointed guys. It doesn't make you bad fans. I would be annoyed in your shoes. I will be annoyed if United don't get CL despite thinking it was an outside shout at the start of the season. Expectations change and the form Arsenal were in this season was fantastic. This is the best chance Arsenal are likely to get to win the league for a long time and it was in their own hands. City didn't reel you in, you collapsed.

A shame because who the **** wants to see City win the league 90% of the time.

Man of Honour
Hard to say really.
Surprised we finished as high as second compared to my pre-season expectations.
Proud to have put in some good performances with a young team and been top of the league quite a while.
Disappointed in the sense that whilst I always said I expected Arsenal to fail, after MC dropped points vs Forest in February I began to feel there was a slim chance.

One of the issues Arteta will face next season is elevated expectations from some quarters, personally I think it will be a struggle to get in top 4 as you'd expect Chelsea to be a lot better under new management and having the points reset to 0, Ten Haag will have had time to bed his ideas in and as for Liverpool, who knows, they seem to blow hot and cold at the moment, obviously if they click they are a big threat.

fez

fez

Caporegime
One of the issues Arteta will face next season is elevated expectations from some quarters, personally I think it will be a struggle to get in top 4 as you'd expect Chelsea to be a lot better under new management and having the points reset to 0, Ten Haag will have had time to bed his ideas in and as for Liverpool, who knows, they seem to blow hot and cold at the moment, obviously if they click they are a big threat.

I honestly think that outside of City all the other 3 spots are completely up for grabs each season. We could see then likes of:

Arsenal
United
Newcastle
Chelsea
Liverpool

All fighting for those spots. Depending on whether Spurs keep Kane next season they will either be in the mix or miles off. Should be a good season.

Soldato
Any Arsenal members got any idea how ticketing for the upcoming season is going to work?

What do you mean? Are they making changes?
Personally I've been a red member for many years, as has my son junior gunner. Last season we managed to get tickets to a grand total of zero games. I saw one by using a season ticket members ticket when he was away. :( the only thing keeping me to let the renewals go through each year is that it keeps me on the list for silver supposedly. Last time I checked, I was in the 30,000s in terms of waiting for silver. But yeah currently I pay annually to not be able to get tickets for games, despite logging on bang on when they go live. I think red membership just doesn't work anymore. The family enclosure stuff was great for discounted tickets but then that just sold out instantly, but I'd take even being able to get a ticket anywhere in the ground where there are two seats together. By the time they get released to red members, they've basically all gone.

Back
Top Bottom