The new Arsenal Club Thread - *No Spoilers & Read OP Before Posting*

Guys how do you find out when these Ticket Ballots go live? Every time I ever go on the website, there are no open ballots and nothing to say when the next one will be.

EDIT: Worked it out. See below

Last edited:
What did we think of the game on Sunday then?
I think I agree with Neville and Cara that it felt like old times.... a proper fierce rivalry. Heated. Tense. Good times for the premier league.
I don't think we can ask anymore from them other than a bit better discipline with the ball kicking away. However, on that, again Dhoku kicked it away first half and didn't get booked. Same as the Brighton match where one of their players kicked it 20 yards away and got nothing, but Rice only 2 yards. A shame the refs are making it about them. Trossard also kicked it very close to when the whistle was blown. The inconsistency is again an issue.

I think Man City come out of it a lot worse off than Arsenal:

1: Walker complaining about the goal because he was out of position. Cry much. It made zero difference to the goal
2: Haaland looking like a moron at the final whistle with his comments and throwing the ball at Gabriel after the goal
3: Rodri and a couple of their players pretending they've been pole axed looks very weak. Smells of desperation. Used to let the football win them games but they couldn't
4: 45 minutes against 10 men Arsenal and they get one scrappy goal
5: Fans crying about how we block the keeper on set pieces. (like all teams every week then)
6: City really just didn't look like they had much invention or creativity to break Arsenal down
7: It's an away draw against City, which is very hard to do, and may still be enough in the long run if we can beat them at home in February. I think we win that.

Roy Keene I normally like but he embarrassed himself in the punditry, playing down the Arsenal achievement saying that they conceded 2 goals. lol OK Roy. Bitter much.

Ballot tickets didn't come through for me again :(

My biggest gripe about the Trossard 2nd yellow is the ref could have quite easily blown for half-time, we would have had a far more entertaining 2nd half. It's BS they keep saying Doku passed the ball to where it was going to be played from, he clearly played it to where the foul wasn't to delay the restart, it should have been passed to Rice and then the ref make that call on if it needed to be moved (my arse 'he was helping'). Up to that point the game was great (crap 15 mins where it looked like a tonking) and then we started playing well - a balanced first half - all this BS that you have to go to the home of the best team in the world and play them off the park!? lol You have to use the tools at your disposable - we don't have a team built on 130 charges and a bottomless pit of money.

1) I have some sympathy, but he did get back, they all just switched off for a split second
2) Totally, unacceptable behaviour but nothing will be done
3) No-one at all has pointed out that Rodri went into the patch of Havertz to block him
4) 54 minutes
5) Keeper needs to move around blockages
6) Very odd, waiting so long to change it
7) Would have taken a point before KO

Last edited:
I watched MOTD2 yesterday and when Doku kicked the ball away from Rice the ref looked to be saying that's where the free kick is from. Yet we took the free kick in their half of the pitch exactly where Rice was standing when Doku kicked it. You can't really argue with the rules and yes technically Rice and Trossard did kick the ball away but when others get away with it so blatantly in the same game it does look a little suspicious.

I watched MOTD2 yesterday and when Doku kicked the ball away from Rice the ref looked to be saying that's where the free kick is from. Yet we took the free kick in their half of the pitch exactly where Rice was standing when Doku kicked it. You can't really argue with the rules and yes technically Rice and Trossard did kick the ball away but when others get away with it so blatantly in the same game it does look a little suspicious.
Yeah, it's the consistency. In the Brighton game I heard some toot about Arsenal players being no-where near so it didn't delay the restart!? The ball was rolling towards Arteta and he's going to scoop it up and pass to the (also close) Partey.

Likewise why is the kick on Rice not violent conduct, regardless of if he was actually trying to kick the ball (which he wasn't), it's still an offense to kick another player through the ball (as it were). He rolled the ball at Rice (it hit Rice) and then took a swipe...but no-one cares.

Back
Top Bottom