The New Desks & Room Gallery

update at home

s1_800x600.jpg

s2_800x600.jpg

s4_450x600.jpg

Here's an update to my earlier pic. Now with Studio monitors. Next I gotta get myself another monitor and hopfuly squeeze it onto the desk.

Sorry about the focus took me 3 goes to get it that clear have the shakes today.

Last edited:
Just got a new rig.

newrig.jpg

Abit Fatal1ty AN8-SLI
AMD 64 X2 4400+
Corsair XMS3200 1024MB x 2
Leadtek nVidia 7800 GTX
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS
NEC ND-3540 DVD-RW
Sony Floppy Drive
Seagate Barracuda 250gb Hard Drive
Tagan 480w PSU
Lian-Li V-1000 Case
Logitech Media Keyboard
Logitech MX518 Mouse
Hyundai L90D+ 19" TFT
Logitech Z-640 5.1 Speakers

All in all, fantastic system. Battlefield 2 is insanely smooth and loads so fast, so I'm having a lot of fun playing it and not-stuttering like it used to. Case looks great with the red glow at night going through the grills, and the front panel from Abit is a nice gimmick. :rolleyes:

Only two gripes I have with it is after playing a game you can notice the Heatsink Fan cooling down the Processor, although you can't really hear it when playing BF2 or Half-Life 2. Takes about 20-30 minutes to get silent again.

That, and (not the computer's fault), but it appears the Starforce Copy Protection on Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory doesn't like being run from DVD-RWs. As a result, I cannot play it since it won't get past the CD check. Although I have no problems getting into Versus, I'd like to play SP or Coop. :mad:

Oh, 4 front USB ports is awesome too.

I know LOL, I get a lot of dust in this room, but that plug has not been touched in 3 years so thats why. But I feel like I should make a complaint to Argos for wrongfully advertising. There is some drawers missing that goes on the right and a CD unit which goes above the monitor. On their website it said nothing about it not being included.

Here are a few pics of my computer room:

dual_sgi.jpg

This is my main workstation using dual SGI 1600SW producing a good 3200x1024 pixel workspace.

workstation4.jpg

To drive them I have the Y2k-bug.

workstation5.jpg

On the opposite side of the room we have from the right the Doom 3: Hell Inside for gaming/LAN connected to a 22" Iiyama CRT. One step more to the left we have Udat the fileserver running headless. The three naked systems on top of the empty PC-75 case are the 97,98 and 99 hardware for Project Time Machine.

You can also see the Creative GigaWorks S750 speakers and subwoofer used for gaming.

Whoah! Nice setup and great modding skills there nice one! However, you may make it "look" better when or if you attach some nicer, lol, perphials and screens ;).

Back
Top Bottom