*** The new MacBook/MacBook Pro thread, all info in here ***

Commissario
But then they'd have to integrate HDMI into the laptop as well, which would add even more to costs.
The MacBook is supposed to be the cheapest laptop they offer and it would be so much more expensive with blu-ray, HDMI etc.

With regards to firewire, this will continue to annoy me - not only for those who use video cameras but what about us with external sound cards? I'll stick to my iMac and my old MacBook thank you!

Soldato
I've just pushed the button so i'm now a switcher, i hope i get on with OSX & this new trackpad :)

How long should my order confirmation email take? its been over 10 mins now.

Soldato
I've just pushed the button so i'm now a switcher, i hope i get on with OSX & this new trackpad :)

Your think 'oh god what have I done' for about 5 minutes before everything clicks then you will wonder why you joined so late. :p

What did you go for?

My email came pretty instantly.

Soldato
How is it embarrassing?

So what if other people look, let them.
I mean as in Apple evidently think their brand is so aspirational that owners would want to draw others' attention to their laptop's glowing Apple logo. The fact that that's probably true in most cases is the embarassing thing.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I mean as in Apple evidently think their brand is so aspirational that owners would want to draw others' attention to their laptop's glowing Apple logo. The fact that that's probably true in most cases is the embarassing thing.

Not really.

Every manufacturer has their Name/Logo on the laptop somewhere, Apple just did it differently to others. I couldn't give a toss if people think "Oooh look at the flash git with the Apple laptop" - I'll put my iPhone on the table next to it, roll my sleeves up to reveal my watch and put the Ray Ban sunglasses in their Ray Ban case at the same time just to annoy em some more :p

Commissario

It looks good, and it's an opportunity.
Sound like someone who's jealous tbh...

Soldato
Not really.

Every manufacturer has their Name/Logo on the laptop somewhere, Apple just did it differently to others. I couldn't give a toss if people think "Oooh look at the flash git with the Apple laptop" - I'll put my iPhone on the table next to it, roll my sleeves up to reveal my watch and put the Ray Ban sunglasses in their Ray Ban case at the same time just to annoy em some more :p
Well yes, but I'd say that the real touch of class is no or extremely minimal branding. It's just like logos on clothes.

It looks good, and it's an opportunity.
Sound like someone who's jealous tbh...
I own one.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I'd like to point out things that people seem to be overlooking..

• Slower CPU but faster memory bus = faster performance overall
  • New nVidia chipset has H.264 hardware de/encoding abilities = faster encoding and playback of HD video

Also, the new 24" ACD is HDCP compliant AND it has 2 way data transfer, which is actually a better standard than HDMI :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 329

D

Deleted member 329

seems a lot of people are unhappy with these updates... me included - mainly die to price, which is BS

Back
Top Bottom