The NEW SPL Season 2010-2011 **Spoilers** (Read the Rules Before Posting)

Associate
Perhaps we should look into installing plexi glass round the stadium like they do in europe (italy I think)? Maybe a knee jerk reaction but this is clearly unacceptable. That guy could have had a knife tonight.

Good game from celtics point of view, excellent passing and a bit of showing off which was nice to see, massive difference to that nightmare last week.

Associate
Perhaps we should look into installing plexi glass round the stadium like they do in europe (italy I think)? Maybe a knee jerk reaction but this is clearly unacceptable. That guy could have had a knife tonight.

Good game from celtics point of view, excellent passing and a bit of showing off which was nice to see, massive difference to that nightmare last week.
there will be no fencing around football grounds in the uk mate after the tragedy that was Hillsborough.
seems there was a lot more happening at this game than is being reported by the scottish media.

Hooper's second goal prompted ugly scenes. The striker collected a Ki Sung-Yeung pass before slotting home; which proved too much for one punter in the enclosure area of the main stand.

As he was huckled up the tunnel by police, trouble also broke out when the police moved into the Celtic end; the most vocal pro-IRA chanting of the night surrounded what bother occurred there.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/may/11/hearts-celtic-match-report

Associate
hey guys, only just got to see what happened at the Hearts/Celtic game tonight. I think its getting beyond a joke! No need at all for this sort of behaviour. Im a Rangers Fan myself and banter is one thing between football team but this has just taken it to another level.

Associate
We'll know for sure next week, but did Celtic blow their title chance by playing for a draw at Ibrox a few weeks back? McGregors penalty save is looking very important now. A few of my Celtic supporting friends think they should have really went for it and finished the job at Ibrox. The stuff with Lennon is well out of hand, I know he is Love/Hate but so were plenty of others on both sides and it never got to this level.

Soldato
The championship is played out over the whole of the season. I see what you are saying about McGregors penalty save etc but, if he has made that same save in the first old firm derby, would you be saying then, that that save was what turned the title in Rangers favour?

The title is in Rangers hands. The wily old manager with bags of experience kept his cool when all around him including the rookie celtic manager didn't - if Walter wins 3iar in his final season, I could not think of a more deserving person.

The best Celtic can hope for is their own helicopter Sunday but, somehow I can't see Kilmarnock v Rangers being anything other than a very one-sided contest indeed.

Associate
I wasn't saying the save was a turning point and agree that over the whole season one goal/save is not so important, but as you get closer to the end big moments get magnified and can affect the players of both sides more. That penalty goes in, title is pretty much finished, both teams know this. When it's saved, Rangers get a boost and Celtic see a decisive lead become a slim advantage. I suppose my main point was Celtic uncharacteristically played for a draw, didn't manage to sneak a goal and it looks to have cost them. From my own perspective quite happy the way it has worked out so far, but feel it would have been different if Celtic had played their usual attacking game at Ibrox a few weeks ago. Which takes us back to your point about the experience of the two managers and how they have preapred their teams for the last few games.

Associate
We'll know for sure next week, but did Celtic blow their title chance by playing for a draw at Ibrox a few weeks back? McGregors penalty save is looking very important now. A few of my Celtic supporting friends think they should have really went for it and finished the job at Ibrox. The stuff with Lennon is well out of hand, I know he is Love/Hate but so were plenty of others on both sides and it never got to this level.
ask your friends why they didnt go for it and finish it at hampden in the league cup final ;)

Associate
Celtic came to Ibrox and played for a draw! they missed the penalty and its came back to bite them in the @ss. I still wasn't confident after the weeknds result against Hearts, but after beating Dundee Utd, I think Rangers now have the League in the bag :) Onwards to 55! :D

Associate
ask your friends why they didnt go for it and finish it at hampden in the league cup final ;)

Or against ICT? Still all to play for so I'm not getting carried away

There is a difference between playing poorly on the day and turning up and playing for a draw. I'm sure neither of you are not suggesting Celtic played for a draw in a cup final or in a must win game at Caley, it just didn't happen for them those games. It might not have happened for Celtic at Ibrox if they went for the win, but I think that was a better chance than playing for a draw and hoping a small cushion would see them through to the title. Hopefully it has cost them, we'll all know so enough! :D

Soldato
Still all to play for and if Rangers do take the title, then well done. Killie can prove hard to beat on their own patch so you never know.

I agree "who'd have thought it" :) Still all to play for for Rangers Celtic have to hope for a slip like they did at ICT. This seaaon Ranger have won all their games vrs Killie by a single goal however we have hit form and KIllie have been poor but anything can happen in 90 minutes. Hopefully the good guys triumph and its 54 but we'll have to wait and see. I rule out Motherwell pulling of a shcl like in 2005 as the are rightly resting key player for the cup final.

Soldato
Will be tough for Rangers tomorrow against Kilmarnock away though they've won each game against them this season and expect Celtic to win by a couple of goals. I think Rangers will only win by a goal and a nervy end to the game just hope it's not controversial.

It looks like Motherwell are fielding a weaker team than normal to prepare for the cup final though not suggesting anything with that so hopefully some good football on display after all the carry on this season for various reasons.

Back
Top Bottom