The New Stargate Universe Thread

Soldato
Yeah just watched the ending... definatly feels like a quick job, almost like it was suppose to end that way and then the following season shows what happen 3 years later... and perhaps a dead skeleton sitting in the captains chair ?

Considering theres rumours/talk of no further SG1 straight to DVD films being made anymore and atlantis movies also being canned, it doesnt look likely we will see it anytime soon.

Perhaps if the bluray sets do well over time they may get the budget and interest again.

Associate
Yeah just watched the ending... definatly feels like a quick job, almost like it was suppose to end that way and then the following season shows what happen 3 years later... and perhaps a dead skeleton sitting in the captains chair ?

Considering theres rumours/talk of no further SG1 straight to DVD films being made anymore and atlantis movies also being canned, it doesnt look likely we will see it anytime soon.

Perhaps if the bluray sets do well over time they may get the budget and interest again.

They aren't really rumors anymore though. Stargate Atlantis: Extinction, and SG -1: Revolution have been canned, and sadly won't ever see the light of day. A third season won't happen either, all of the sets are/have been struck and dismantled.

The tv side is going on hiatus for the immediate future. Whether thats a year, ten years or several decades, who knows.

DVD's/Blu Ray's doing badly was one of the main reasons why the SGA film and third SG-1 film never got to a production stage, the market just isn't there anymore. It's all gone digital.

Last edited:

Baz

Baz

Soldato
Gutted it has finished, the ending was good, but left so much unanswered :(

Anyway, started watching SG1 from the beginning again... Cheesy sets galore!

Still great watching though.

Man of Honour
It was great indeed but they focused too much on interconnecting the stories between the crew members and focused less on Destiny as the series went on. I want to see ancient alien technology, badass aliens and time and space travelling awesomeness, not a bunch of women giving birth or whatever!

Associate
It was great indeed but they focused too much on interconnecting the stories between the crew members and focused less on Destiny as the series went on. I want to see ancient alien technology, badass aliens and time and space travelling awesomeness, not a bunch of women giving birth or whatever!

not to point out the obvious but

ancient tech = check
badass aliens (badass is debatable though) = check
time and space adventures = check check and check, either that or the last few episodes didn't happen.

Soldato
Gutted it has finished, the ending was good, but left so much unanswered :(

Anyway, started watching SG1 from the beginning again... Cheesy sets galore!

Still great watching though.

As someone else who watching through all of StarGate again I love RDA's lines more and more. Sadly I'm at ep 8 of season 8 so his appearances are getting less and less. Teal'c and Daniel are having more interaction though which is great.

It really is still great TV.

Soldato
They did know it was the last, the news of the cancellation broke at the end of the first half of season 2. There wasn't enough time for them to make drastic changes to how the season played out though as at that stage principle photography was well under way.

They did manage a decent enough send off at the end though and while nothing was conclusive I doubt they could have ended it better.

Season 2 was already all shot and done when they heard it was canned. The show was originally ordered for 2 seasons and since they had seen the ratings and hadn't heard anything about a 3rd season they wrote that ending on the basis that they may or may not be back. But those last 10 eps could have aired straight after the announcement, they were ready to go.

I just wish that these shows would have a clause in the contract that means they HAVE to be allowed to make 1 episode after they know its been canned for every full season that's aired to help wrap up. It's gotten to the point that people are actively not bothering to watch new shows just because it'll get canned anyway and it was a waste of time to get interested in it.

All cancelling the show does without a decent ending is **** off the fans.

Associate
Even having a clause in the contract where they are allowed an episode to finish would enrage most fans. Rushing an ending into a single episode is just stupid. SGU was meant to be a five year run (3 if it was crammed together) so it would have done more harm than good.

At least with the final episode of SGU, they did well with the damage control in my opinion. It gave a closing bookend to the television series, while giving a nice little send off to some of the characters. I wouldn't call the final episode an ending, but it is a fitting send off, which is the best that they could have achieved given the circumstances.

Soldato
The only real safe bet you have of seeing a storyline out is if a show is running on HBO, other than that, its entirely pot luck whether the show you are watching will be allowed to run to its natural conclusion.
They dont help themselves when they shunt stuff to different days and ungodly hours of the day, suprise suprise, less people watch a show thats on at 11pm on a tuesday night than one that is 8pm on a monday or a friday.

Soldato
They will proberly continue the SGU adventures via comics :)

I did like all the Stargates but the 1st was definatly the best, the crew and interaction and one liners and it was just always about the action and charactors, im willing to bet a few SG fans shed a tear when Daniel Jackson died.

You would think with all the blurays and season sets still being sold they would be quite popular out there or perhaps they should just slash the price and offer a digital download of the entire series in 720p ;)

They really should do a mega set of movies and just get all charactors from SG1/A/U all in.... garranteed to be hit.... via p2p !

Soldato
I enjoyed all the Stargate shows and am disappointed its finished. I thought the ending of SGU was poor. Great as a season finale, as it wets your appetite for more but a horrible way to finish a show. Poor Ely!!

Associate
I enjoyed all the Stargate shows and am disappointed its finished. I thought the ending of SGU was poor. Great as a season finale, as it wets your appetite for more but a horrible way to finish a show. Poor Ely!!

Yer but I think it was all filmed before they knew it was going to be canned?

Soldato
So how does everyone think it would have continued or finished. Eli dies, or fixes the ship and has 2 years to make discoveries.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom