The Newcastle United Club Thread **No Spoilers**

Soldato
Castore are absolute poop.
I ordered a shirt for my son in another country with a personalised name and number on the back.

They just sent a plain shirt... it's another country so not easily returned obviously and not really financially viable to do that...

I then moaned about it on an NUFC forum and discovered it happened to almost everyone....

The personalisation money is then refunded automatically so they are basically scamming people into buying a crap shirt knowing they can't really return it rather than refusing an order
yeah I’m still fighting the urge for the New home shirt but I’m going to hold out until Adidas is back in the helm.

Soldato

Lovely bloke
Yeah your right cycling mikey is a proper *****, don’t get me wrong anyone thats caught on their mobile phone when driving, in my opinion should be banned, but the way cycling Mikey goes about it is wrong. Watch a few of his videos, he has a habit of harassing drivers instead of just pointing out that they are being recorded and moving on, he will get chinned one of these days

Last edited:
Soldato
Cyclist isn’t paying to much attention to the road when he’s stalking CARS, looking through windows :D

Must get a hardon catching people out. The type of man that pays another bloke to service his wife.

Soldato
Some decent stats here on Saudi sport sponsorship. https://www.bbc.com/sport/67295892

They are kicking up so much silt at the bottom, it's hard to see who's money is going where. I think we'll get a Tonali replacement in this window and I think it'll be a loan or cut price purchase from the Saudi league to test the water and if they get away with that then the rule book is well and truly out the window along with the rotten corpse of what was the FFP rules.

Man of Honour

Not sure what the implications are if he did breach rules whilst at Newcastle, I mean the Italian ban has been 'converted' to a worldwide ban already so you could argue he's already been sentenced.

On the other hand, you could argue these are additional sentences, I mean if you killed someone in Italy and then moved to the UK and killed someone here, the fact you were subsequently convicted of murder in Italy wouldn't prevent you getting prosecuted for murder in the UK, with additional sentencing.

Soldato

Not sure what the implications are if he did breach rules whilst at Newcastle, I mean the Italian ban has been 'converted' to a worldwide ban already so you could argue he's already been sentenced.

On the other hand, you could argue these are additional sentences, I mean if you killed someone in Italy and then moved to the UK and killed someone here, the fact you were subsequently convicted of murder in Italy wouldn't prevent you getting prosecuted for murder in the UK, with additional sentencing.
He’s broke the rules, and as **** as the rule is , he knows the consequences.

Soldato

Its an additional charge so if hes been doing it in England then he needs further punishment.

Soldato
How is the rule bad? Do you think they should be able to bet on football!?
Yeah I think it’s **** and a stupid rule that players can’t bet on football, absolutely ban players betting on their own teams(win or lose), but why shouldn’t a Newcastle/Liverpool/mancity player be able to bet on tonights Leicester/Leeds game for instance. As I said he knows the current rules and will have to accept the consequences.

Soldato
Yeah I think it’s **** and a stupid rule that players can’t bet on football, absolutely ban players betting on their own teams(win or lose), but why shouldn’t a Newcastle/Liverpool/mancity player be able to bet on tonights Leicester/Leeds game for instance. As I said he knows the current rules and will have to accept the consequences.
Well i assume its because there would be inside information and it would be very open to abuse.

Soldato
Why would a Newcastle player have inside info on a Leicester/Leeds match though? Sure they might know people at another club but the same could be said for a lot of people.
For exactly this reason. It would be an absolute nightmare to police.

Lets say a player sends his footballing player mate a text saying "buzzing, im starting tomorrow :) xx" and his mate places a bet that he will start...both could be found guilty of betting breaches even though the person sending the text sent it innocently. It would be impossible to police that so a blanket ban makes total sense.

Soldato
I think we had a great start to the season and if we can get our injuries back under control we are sitting in a good position for the rest of the season.

No other team was close to us with the toughness of start. Opta ranking of around 14.2 were as Spurs was in the mid 60’s

Our first 11 had an average rating of 9.4 with the rest its jumping to an average 12.6 ( different metric average position)

Our start of the season has been brutal in all competitions but we still there abouts all in all and we been plagued with injuries and fitness issues from day one. (We were blessed last season)

If we can navigate our way to the January transfer window then we can finish off the season strong.

Fully expect us to get knocked out of the FA in the 3rd round for the 4th year running!! Might as well keep up the tradition!

Last edited:
Soldato
Happy 2nd Tooniversary to Wor Eddie. Been some disappointing results this season but lets not forget we had 5 points and were in 19th in the league. Only our superior goal difference (of -12) was keeping us off the bottom after 11 games on this day in 2021.

Soldato
The company that built Spurs stadium really wants to be involved in the redevelopment of ST.James. Populas or something.

It’s good to see the club trying everything to remain in the city centre. The community groups for the trust buildings are also up for redevelopment but they want the listed buildings moved. Extremely expensive option but something that’s already happened elsewhere in the city.

Back
Top Bottom