The Newcastle United Club Thread **No Spoilers**

Soldato
The company that built Spurs stadium really wants to be involved in the redevelopment of ST.James. Populas or something.

It’s good to see the club trying everything to remain in the city centre. The community groups for the trust buildings are also up for redevelopment but they want the listed buildings moved. Extremely expensive option but something that’s already happened elsewhere in the city.
I don’t recall any listed buildings moved in Newcastle, I think your getting mistaken with the old terraced houses that were moved from saltwell park/Bensham to beamish

Soldato
Here’s the video I seen a few weeks ago. Now it’s more of the housing groups are pushing this and not the Club.

The route the club are looking into is glass designs to stop the blocking of the light I believe.

Soldato
I haven't watched that but is it a club official or an expert or just some know nowt doylem speculating?
He’s actually spoken to the residents, MP’s and some of the owners of the buildings. They seem to be the ones pushing for this route. (Not the club) This would be extremely expensive.

Soldato
He’s actually spoken to the residents, MP’s and some of the owners of the buildings. They seem to be the ones pushing for this route. (Not the club) This would be extremely expensive.
They are pushing for their 200 year old houses, all 50 of them, to somehow be picked up and moved to an as yet undisclosed location? It'll be cheaper, quicker and easier re-routing the Metro and sinking the pitch 50 feet. :D

Soldato
They are pushing for their 200 year old houses, all 50 of them, to somehow be picked up and moved to an as yet undisclosed location? It'll be cheaper, quicker and easier re-routing the Metro and sinking the pitch 50 feet. :D
Same location just pushed back a bit. course they are they get a pile of work down for free lol.

I would worry that the local groups will try and block any other plans to try and get their way.

Soldato
Same location just pushed back a bit. course they are they get a pile of work down for free lol.

I would worry that the local groups will try and block any other plans to try and get their way.
Mate it’s not going to happen, Leazes terrace is a Grade 1 listed building (site is of exceptional national, architectural or historical importance), if you think they are going to dismantle a grade 1 listed building brick by brick to move it 10-20 feet back, your a loon.

Last edited:
Soldato
Mate it’s not going to happen, Leazes terrace is a Grade 1 listed building (site is of exceptional national, architectural or historical importance), if you think they are going to dismantle a grade 1 listed building brick by brick to move it 10-20 feet back, your a loon.
Hence why the club aren’t really looking into it. It’s the local residents groups that pushing it. Have said it a few times here already :p

Companies like the group that built the spurs stadium are all looking to get involved in trying to solve the problem.

The glass idea seems to be the better option.

Soldato
Wow. I didn’t realise adidas deal was worth around 40million minimum per year for 5 years. Our current deal is worth 6m a year lol. Puts us ahead of Spurs and behind the others.

Our total shirt package is worth 72.5 minimum
Shirt -Adidas 40m
Front - Sela-25m
Sleeve - Noon -7.5m

I believe before the takeover it’s was around 13m all in.

Soldato
Wow. I didn’t realise adidas deal was worth around 40million minimum per year for 5 years. Our current deal is worth 6m a year lol. Puts us ahead of Spurs and behind the others.

Our total shirt package is worth 72.5 minimum
Shirt -Adidas 40m
Front - Sela-25m
Sleeve - Noon -7.5m

I believe before the takeover it’s was around 13m all in.

That’s an impressive offer from Adidas, they must be expecting big sales!

Soldato
Seen Harvey Barnes trending. Thought he was ready to play.

Nah just him Gordon and Dummet wrecking some pro players on Fortnight.

Anyone know if it’s ligit? Funny all the same.

Plenty of swearing in the video hah

Back
Top Bottom