The Newcastle United Club Thread **No Spoilers**

Don
You realise that SD had the same exclusively that JD sports have now
So what? Read the last paragraph of my last reply, this isn't a defence of Mike Ashley, it's a defence of you! As a grandfather (that still blows my mind ;)) I hope you're teaching your grandkids that 2 wrongs don't make a right. Whether Ashely done the same thing before, it doesn't change the fact that what the current Newcastle ownership are doing is equally as bad and bad for you.

Newcastle supporters shouldn't be celebrating the fact that the owners are doing deals that will rip them off and certainly then not being shocked by the price of the new Newcastle kit.

Don
You know because we have to raise revenues to compete with the super league six.

Every penny counts :D
I hope you had a word with your supporters union when they were complaining about the ticket price rises too. They clearly haven't got their priorities right.

Soldato
So what? Read the last paragraph of my last reply, this isn't a defence of Mike Ashley, it's a defence of you! As a grandfather (that still blows my mind ;)) I hope you're teaching your grandkids that 2 wrongs don't make a right. Whether Ashely done the same thing before, it doesn't change the fact that what the current Newcastle ownership are doing is equally as bad and bad for you.

Newcastle supporters shouldn't be celebrating the fact that the owners are doing deals that will rip them off and certainly then not being shocked by the price of the new Newcastle kit.
Yes I do feel very old at the minute as well, We all know how piggy overreact’s, £75-80 is the going rate for the majority of PL shirts at the moment, which is what I was expecting to pay.
Wether or not the owners are going tit for tat with regards to Ashley, that’s up to them but looking at the terms of the castore deal that Ashley struck, I can understand why we didn’t want to give beneficial terms or any terms to SD.

Last edited:
Don
We all know how piggy overreact’s, £75-80 is the going rate for the majority of PL shirts at the moment, which is what I was expecting to pay.
Wether or not the owners are going tit for tat with regards to Ashley, that’s up to them but looking at the terms of the castore deal that Ashley struck, I can understand why we didn’t want to give beneficial terms or any terms to SD.
It's not about giving preferential terms to SD but simply not giving preferential terms to any one retailer. The RRP for shirts from Nike and Adidas are mental however by having more competition in the market (and like them or not, SD are the biggest discounters), that price ultimately falls. The RRP for Liverpool's new shirt is £85 however Liverpool themselves have already reduced that down to £80 and you can get it from SD for £73. It's £85 direct from Nike, it's £85 from JD Sports etc etc.

Soldato
It's not really a meme, he was just spotted walking his dog whilst still in his training kit.

Where he was spotted isn't all that far from the training ground as well.
the club badges on the leash meme.

They also released the making of video for the advert and the director said they had to put a few memes in it.

Soldato
It's not about giving preferential terms to SD but simply not giving preferential terms to any one retailer. The RRP for shirts from Nike and Adidas are mental however by having more competition in the market (and like them or not, SD are the biggest discounters), that price ultimately falls. The RRP for Liverpool's new shirt is £85 however Liverpool themselves have already reduced that down to £80 and you can get it from SD for £73. It's £85 direct from Nike, it's £85 from JD Sports etc etc.
I think you are wasting your time here :D

I know exactly what you mean. The club helping to drive out competition means the fans will pay more for a shirt. Nobody really cares because the easily hoodwinked fans think the deal is sticking two fingers up at Ashley. It's not. Its bad for consumers and it's monopolising shirt sales while maximising revenue for Adidas, JD and the club.

Soldato
Got myself the homeshirt and the training hoody. Holding back until the other tops in the advert are realised. Look to be timed releases to maximize profits.

Away shirt in July

Back
Top Bottom