The Newcastle United Club Thread **No Spoilers**

Soldato
@woppy101 They always said they would have to sell as the club progressed but I didn't think it would be that quick!!
Her stake has already been diluted and it’s likely that £100m’s of investments will be announced soon (training ground and stadium expansion/new stadium), so she probably can’t afford to match those investments

Soldato
Expectations for this season lads?

Not much happening in the transfer market at this reasonably early stage. Other than Anderson, all that have left I expected to go. I did think Wilson and Trippier may move on however sounds like Wilson is crocked again. Glad we got another centre half in while two of ours are injured yet Kelly was deemed not fit enough to play a pre season kick about against 3rd tier German opposition at the weekend
:rolleyes:
Would ideally like to see a CF and a right sided midfielder and if we can curb the injuries a bit this season I think we'll do alright. The bargain basement goalkeepers look to be a sign that the funds available are going on outfield players and we are gambling on Pope to stay fit for 38 games. Fixtures for the first half of the season and in particular first two months are favourable. Can't see why we can't win them all up to the City game. Be interesting to see the challenge from Villa this year with the added Champs league distraction, Liverpool may take some time to get going as I really believe Klopp made that side far, far better than the sum of its parts. Chelsea have another re-set, remains to be seen what Man Utd do although a poor start will dump the pressure on ETH big time. Could be a really open race for 3rd and 4th spots this year.

The club have been very active with recruitment and restructure on the non playing side. Hopefully this can build towards some long term improvement. Promising youngsters can be treated like a commodity, bough low and sold for high inflated prices in order to keep to the rules, improve and preserve the game. Madness. Was reading this morning that Staveley has been clearing her debts this week, the debts she ran up buying into the club with other peoples money. I think she has been a good face of the club in this interim period but she clearly offers nowt from a footballing perspective and has no money to chuck in, although by all accounts both her and her husband were huge allies of Howe and supposedly shielded him from the PIF during the sticky patch last season. I still feel if Howe is offered the England job he'll take it, couldn't begrudge that. Also think (that I've said before on here) that him leaving to go there would suit both parties and save face all round. Looking at England's fixtures they should absolute romp the first part of the nations league even without a permanent gaffer. WC qualifying doesn't begin until 2025 and likely not until September in England's case. May suit everyone to keep Howe at NUFC until May.

Associate
If we can get a 6th place I'd say that's good based on the transfers of other clubs, top 5 would be a very good season.

CF and RW should be top priority as well as playing some of the youngsters more like Tino and Hall. Would be good to see more of Miley and Harrison in the first team.

Soldato
I'm stil worried that if Botman isn't fit that Schaar can't hold the fort like he did last season

Hopefully we can get all business done before the transfer window shuts but guess the euros have delayed the transfer market by 3 weeks

I'd like to see a high profile signing to match Gordon on the other wing eze or olise would be ideal but I can't bear abother season of miggy running around like a headless chicken

I'd like to see more of the youth play too so they have experience to be proper bakc up to the first team

Back
Top Bottom