The Newcastle United Club Thread **No Spoilers**

Soldato
Can we not have sports direct again, it might stop all the tears and whinging. I don’t know why but that related party deal was fine and dandy to everyone else.
we can. They just have to be fair Market value or benched marked or something. ( think the rules were tweaked)

Think our Champions league spot now has give us a lot more wiggle room.

That’s why Champions league is huge. Knocked two or 3 years off the plan.

Away to watch linked players on YouTube’s

Last edited:
Soldato
Can we not have sports direct again, it might stop all the tears and whinging. I don’t know why but that related party deal was fine and dandy to everyone else.
Aye but was the exact opposite. Tacky signage plastered all over the ground for no revenue. This time it's tacky Saudi signage in exchange for over inflated revenue!

Soldato
It was never a claim for that. He loaned her 10 million to help her facilitate the sale of the club, which is bizarre in itself however there was some sort of clause around her badmouthing him during the repayment period. His lawyers said that what she said about looking forward to the signage coming down broke the agreement which then triggered a huge jump in the interest rate as well as an early payback. She was like "here man ah pure nivvor sed that like ya little radgey" so he sued her. Last I heard they were trying to come up with an out of court agreement.

Soldato
To be fair like it's the equivalent of selling your house, loaning the buyer a not insignificant portion of the price then the buyer goes round town telling everyone how bad your wallpaper and taste in home furnishing was. Not sure I'd be happy either! :D

Soldato
How you do one thing is how you do everything. A long overdue increase in level of professionalism.

Did you see they have put a compilation of all of this seasons league goals on youtube? Good move that, can only increase fan engagement. Last time we had a season this good in the early 2000's, arguably more entertaining though, they released a DVD which was a bit cringe although I still bought it :o

Soldato
Amazing? Some rose tinted specs there maybe. Some eye catching performances from Kabab who I thought was a fantastic player but other than that nothing really stands out in the memory, I do remember we shipped 3+ goals way may often than we should have.

Back
Top Bottom